Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788652 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #435 on: March 03, 2013, 10:03:24 am »

Slowpokez, all you have to do is dorf one or two oer update, you really can't do anything about the gradual additions.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2013, 10:25:15 am »

Yay, Dappercat is still alive.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:31 pm »

Not Dorfd
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 03, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

OH GOD, WHERE'S DORTIMUS THE ABORTIONIST.

OH GOD.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2013, 12:32:02 pm »

I'll update the dorflist later this evening based on that screenshot, Slowpokez.

Aside from that, yeah, I wouldn't worry about meticulously documenting every aspect of the dorfination and ensuring that everything is up to code. This is DF after all; pick a couple guys who need bodies when you do an update, drop 'em in, and either mark it on the dorfinator or post their names so I can do it. If someone dies either update the dorfinator or call it out; I don't mind at all to update the list with dead status and cause of death if you just make sure it's part of the update.

I hadn't intended on the dorfinator to be intimidating! Sorry bro.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AutoScribe

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Do not go gentle
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 04, 2013, 12:40:57 pm »

Dwarven logistics are worse than Imperial logistics. You stubby bastards just have the excuse of booze to justify your incompetence.
Edit: Don't beat yourself up over it. Just take ten minutes in the last-ish month to get the dorfings done.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:04:59 pm by AutoScribe »
Warhammer has Chaos
Warhammer 40,000 has Chaos, Tyranids, and Necrons
Dwarf Fortress has FUN

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 04, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »

God dammit, they got me. Did I die with honor befitting a Templar, at least?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:59:30 pm by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:29 pm »

Something odd has gone on with the dorfs in this fort. I think Terry's been mucking with it; several dorfs, including Cassatheru, Prosnorkulus, and Saint, have all either been lost or been renamed accidentally.

Here's some names that I found on the list which don't appear to be on the Dorfinator as well. (axedwarf is used twice as a nickname rather than a profession, I'm wondering if one of these wasn't Prosnorkulus)

'axedwarf' (x2)
'Kalver Verin'
'Atomic Avocado' (yes I recognize the name, he just wasn't on the dorfinator)
Thorkild

I've updated the status of all names on the Dorfinator to be either "alive" or "undorfed" except in cases where we know we've had fatalities. I've also set up a sort so that it would automatically sort out living dwarves from dead/undorfed ones; founding members of the fort (the initial 7) are in bold italics for convenience. As of this moment, 5:16 EST, the dorfinator is current based on Slowpokez's screencaps.

This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 04, 2013, 08:30:22 pm »

Oh, the two "axedwarf"s were relics from my reign. I scan through immigrants for skills and nickname them based on where I want to put them. I think those two fellers were intended for a third military squad, actually. They're just average Urists, not forumer dorfs.

EDIT: Wait, I was eaten by Terry? Dammit, how do I even avenge that?

MORE EDIT: Can I sign up for another turn?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:37:53 pm by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 04, 2013, 08:52:02 pm »

Well then I have no clue. Either several dorfs, including 3 of the starting 7, got killed off-camera... or Terry ate them.

I may open up a copy of the save and try to investigate, because this is genuinely confusing. Slowpokez, are they on the dead list?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #445 on: March 04, 2013, 11:33:00 pm »

Terry has certainly had a hand in this.
I mean, buckets, dwarf-geese, random renamings, human-kobolds... the list goes on.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:17 am »

-We were fortunate in that it only slew a military squad vessel and her useless baby vessel.
Really?
In other words- They just killed Saint one of the previous overseer and the wife of the "soon to be overseer" aswell as their only son...
Fortunate...

Once the bloodshed was over the hills of Murdermachines went silent for a few moments, as if the land itself was mourning the horrible deed. But the invaders did not even get a chance to celebrate their victory because as quickly as the almost serene atmosphere had arrived it was instantly crushed by the roar of a single dwarf charging towards a certain death. Some say that it is difficult to differentiate between bravery and stupidity but I'd rather claim that they are one and the same, it all depends on the outcome. What drove the lone dwarf to act that day we may never know- Was it rage, a deathwish or perhaps fate? I guess in hindsight things like motivations or reasons doesn't matter as history will remain the same whether one is a hero blessed with the will of Armok or a rampaging lunatic.
The dwarf infront of them might've been a menacing sight for a lone goblin- bigger then most and with a desperate look on the verge of madness. But there was three of them, what could he possibly do? They grasped their filthy weapons firmly and assumed position to deal with the incoming threat. A moment of anticipation before copper struck iron, wills clashed and more blood spilled out over the the dense patches of sawgrass. The dwarf fought with the strength of a madman more resembealing a threataned animal then the axe-wielding warrior he still was but his valiant struggle did not matter as the greenskins with their superiority in numbers managed to crush his foot and force him down on the ground.
This is the point were one would think the story would come to an end, the expressions upon the goblins faces had already turned from a state of battle hardened focus into big grins of malice. It seemed as if they had won yet another battle, the victory was within their grasp...all they had to do was to reach out and grab it. There was a moment of hesitation, not because they felt pity for him nor because they were afraid. Simply because they felt such satisfaction looking down upon their defeated foe as he took his last trembling breaths.
Just as the final blow was about to be delivered Prosnorkulus rekindled his will to fight and rose to his feet, the goblins what caught by surprise and as the their enemy now towered up above them they were put in a state of chock by the ferocity of the axedwarf. Slaughter commenced and the ambushers soon found themselves being mutilated much like they had mutilated their victims, perhaps one would call it justice? Justice can be a cruel thing.
After the fight was over the dwarf dropped down his knees in a pool of blood which origin was impossible to deduce. The rest of the goblins who were scattered across the area took their leave and soon the other dwarves began emerging from their hole, everyone but the overseer who was still hiding in a dark chamber somewhere. Prosnorkulus was met as a hero and for his deeds the axewielding dwarf was given the ill-fitting name Spearhero, it seems that stupidity might be a shield aginst insanity as the members of Murdermachines who aren't mad are clearly retarded. During the feast that came upon the following day much was said about Prosnorkulus heroic acts but even that discussion was outshone by complaints over the previous overseers cowardice. Even though Prosnorkulus did not attend the feast he was elected overseer, but there was not many objections as the dwarves of Murdemachins were still drunk off the intoxicating fumes of victory(and rum). 
Meanwhile Prosnorkulus is going insane from grief but not a single tear is shed as his simple mind could never comprehend emotions to such an extent that it would trigger a sensible reaction, instead he tackles this new and confusing feeling in the only way he can think of...fistfighting
This goes on for quite a while before he is calmed down by his old sparring partner Derm.
Week 1 end.

List.
1.This dwarf is an idiot-
Everyone else managed to walk right past her but you just had to go and fuck things up, eh?
Gladly he died later.

2.No more babies pls!
PLS STAHP!

3.Who the fuck organized this militia!? >90% of the military is made up from civilians while all our soldiers are off on milking duty or something! I wish a bucket would just come take me a away to a far away place where I don't have deal with shit like this.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:45:27 am by slowpokez »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2013, 12:00:23 pm »

Oh, so it WAS the goblin ambush that got Saint.

While sad, this is actually good news, because it means that Saint was eaten by goblins, not by Terry.

AutoScribe

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Do not go gentle
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 05, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

Are you kidding? (The dwarf version of) Saint was a jackass. Monsters, I can deal with. But JACKASSES...
That bastard drank my milk, and for that, I will take vengeance.
OOC: But seriously, look at that one comic. Saint's an apathetic bastard in those pics. And he's human!
Warhammer has Chaos
Warhammer 40,000 has Chaos, Tyranids, and Necrons
Dwarf Fortress has FUN

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #449 on: March 05, 2013, 01:09:37 pm »

Are you kidding? (The dwarf version of) Saint was a jackass. Monsters, I can deal with. But JACKASSES...
That bastard drank my milk, and for that, I will take vengeance.
OOC: But seriously, look at that one comic. Saint's an apathetic bastard in those pics. And he's human!
I guess you're new around here xD
1. You probably have Prosnorkulus and Saint mixed up.
2. You didn't get the Prosnorkulus reference. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608680
The first movie is good but the second one is pure gold, simply unbeatable. The uncrowned king amongst animations.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:13:02 pm by slowpokez »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 272