Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777851 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #570 on: March 26, 2013, 10:23:05 am »

Or tragically misunderstood champions of the light, here to bring us to justice.
What a shame.

The same claim could be made for the goblins and buckets, as well, really.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 26, 2013, 02:18:32 pm »

So here I start!

Journal of Peregarrette, posessed metalcrafter
Sometimes the experience you ever had just can't settle in your soul. I escaped from The Void and posessed some metalcrafter  with intention to live dull life of ordinary dwarf. But what should I do when the universe got shattered and The Void itself stares from the cracks? Don't know. Will try to fix the universe, maybe.

First of all, there were strange talkings about buckets and gobbos. Like, gobbos are buckets and buckets are gobbos. So, while I was on break, I performed a master-class: "A Goblin and A Bucket. What's the difference? What's the use?"
I took a gobbo corpse from surface stockpile and a spare bucket. Put both on the table, and spent a whole hour or two in constant speech and demonstration.
Main points of that were:
- Buckets are made from wood or metal. Gobbos are from flesh and blood and bones.
- Buckets are hollow and have a handle. Gobbos lack handle and usually full inside. No, lil'girl, THAT is not the handle. Your mom will explain you what it is. Later.
- When a baby runs with bucket on his head - it's not the same when gobbo runs with your baby in the bag.
- When you build a well - don't tie a gobbo to the chain. Ok, you actually CAN tie a gobbo to the chain and dip him into well, but that's more the zoo than the well.
- When yuo need something to store water or something - choose bucket. Yes, you can fill a gobbo with water, but you'd never want to drink from him.
- When you kick the gobbo - it's not the same when you kick the bucket. Though, sometimes, those phrases are equivalent.
- More to discuss.

After I was done with that, I think everyone was quite clear about gobbos and buckets. So, I returned the bloated gurgling gobbo corpse with metal handle nailed to it's head back to refuse pile, and got myself a drink.

After, I took a quick tour here. I've certanly missed a lot while was full-day busy with my work. I need to look wider.

For example, why is the Cat Drop Shaft so narrow? A cat falling can greatly slow itself with it's paws and claws. I hate that sound! So, let's dig it wider.
Why are we locked inside here, and no traps are guarding our entrance?
Why are we digging such a huge section?
Why don't we dig down to magma, using coal for furnaces instead?
Why does our military consist of 4 squads with 7 dwarves total?
Why do we have a stockpile full of nestboxes?
Why Aslod is trading at the EMPTY DEPOT?!?!?!

Those questions are driving me mad.

Just we lowered the gate, everyone run for socks left outside. And met kobold ambush. Shit.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:01:19 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #572 on: March 26, 2013, 03:39:06 pm »

1.Why does our military consist of 4 squads with 7 dwarves total?
2.Why do we have a stockpile full of nestboxes?
Those questions are driving me mad.

We had 4 squads. You know the whole...silkbag-incident?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glad to finally see an update though.  ;D

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 26, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »

"A Goblin and A Bucket. What's the difference? What's the use?"
I took a gobbo corpse from surface stockpile and a spare bucket. Put both on the table, and spent a whole hour or two in constant speech and demonstration.
Main points of that were:
- Buckets are made from wood or metal. Gobbos are from flesh and blood and bones.
- Buckets are hollow and have a handle. Gobbos lack handle and usually full inside. No, lil'girl, THAT is not the handle. Your mom will explain you what it is. Later.
- When a baby runs with bucket on his head - it's not the same when gobbo runs with your baby in the bag.
- When you build a well - don't tie a gobbo to the chain. Ok, you actually CAN tie a gobbo to the chain and dip him into well, but that's more the zoo than the well.
- When yuo need something to store water or something - choose bucket. Yes, you can fill a gobbo with water, but you'd never want to drink from him.
- When you kick the gobbo - it's not the same when you kick the bucket. Though, sometimes, those phrases are equivalent.
- More to discuss.
Ha ha ha! This was awesome!

Glad we got that cleared up.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 26, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »

Just we lowered the gate, everyone run for socks left outside. And met kobold ambush. Shit.

Oh god this one makes me smile.

Let me know if any named dorfs got killed by the kobolds... I shall taunt them mercilessly.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #575 on: March 26, 2013, 10:51:23 pm »

Will your next informative speech be about how dwarvern children need to aim high in life, and that growing up to become a goose is not an acceptable goal?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 27, 2013, 12:12:26 am »

Sweet, sweet ASCII. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 27, 2013, 02:08:47 am »

My dorf?!? In an EMPTY DEPOT?!? Not BROKER?!? I blame the voidspawn.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 27, 2013, 05:15:58 am »

My dwarf request is on first page.
Still didn't get dorfed

This fort will be epic. Or not, it already is... So many inside jokes will be born here.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:37 am »

Still didn't get dorfed

This fort will be epic. Or not, it already is... So many inside jokes will be born here.

Yes, I'll scan through all dorfs that are in dorfinator and (re)dorf anyone. Will change dorfinator's layout a bit...
EDIT: Changed the layout, grouped dorfs entries of same host. Everyone's welcomed to add/change requests there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:53:42 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 27, 2013, 07:53:00 am »

Still didn't get dorfed

We never found a dwarf that met your specifications.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:47 am »

Hmm...

My only qualm with the new layout is that it's unsortable as-is. Can we have the forum name repeat on each line instance of the dorf rather than using merged cells? It'll look a little messier, but then the spreadsheet sort function won't be broken.

It seems small, but I found it a huuuuuuge help when trying to sort out the deaders/undorfed from the living.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:34 am »

Hmm...

My only qualm with the new layout is that it's unsortable as-is. Can we have the forum name repeat on each line instance of the dorf rather than using merged cells? It'll look a little messier, but then the spreadsheet sort function won't be broken.

It seems small, but I found it a huuuuuuge help when trying to sort out the deaders/undorfed from the living.
Ah, that's what you use sort for. Couldn't come up with why would you need to sort dorfs by any of columns, but you have the point.
I'm ok with repeating host's name for each dorf.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:47 am »

I finally added myself to the list some time ago. Here's hoping there is a jeweler kicking around!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 27, 2013, 10:46:03 am »

Hmm...

Ah, that's what you use sort for. Couldn't come up with why would you need to sort dorfs by any of columns, but you have the point.
I'm ok with repeating host's name for each dorf.

Yeah, it's stupid helpful when needing to find a specific dorf (if they don't match the host name, which most don't) or when trying to sort out by status. Being able to look at a list of exclusively live dwarves, for example, is helpful when someone posts a list of deaders that need updated. And I'm sure that being able to look at a list of exclusively undorfed dwarves will be helpful when people are performing redorfs.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 272