Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Slipspace  (Read 4511 times)

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
Re: Slipspace
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:31 am »

Possibly it's not getting many donations because the design, as described on the kickstarter page, is too simple and doesn't sound particularly interesting.
It is, After all, Very early in to development, Hence the kickstarter haha
Maybe if they try again with a better pledge and at later development stage, more people will support them.

And welcome to the ranks of Bay Watchers!
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

Possibly it's not getting many donations because the design, as described on the kickstarter page, is too simple and doesn't sound particularly interesting.
It is, After all, Very early in to development, Hence the kickstarter haha
Maybe if they try again with a better pledge and at later development stage, more people will support them.

And welcome to the ranks of Bay Watchers!
Hehe thanks!, yeah, I think £3 was too little for them to have the full game, seems silly :/

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:39 am »

EDIT: erherm, wrong thread
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:46:36 am by timferius »

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:57:22 am »

Continuing on from the spambot point...

Not sure how many of us are like this, but I know a fair few of us prefer it if someone's first post isn't making a new thread about a game. Unless they've made it/are making it.

And even if they made it, it would still usually feel better if it's an somewhat-known forum veteran who found out about the game start the thread, at least for some.

A sad truth given the way the Internet is going currently.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:58:55 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »

Well, To be fair, You can't control what a first post is, Why shouldn't I just be allowed to post a game as my first post :S, I like games haha

Besides, I can't play games at the moment, Only discuss them, Which leads me here to this sub forum. All other sub forums are irrelevant :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 01:47:28 pm »

Yeah, but when people see a first post with a link and little explanation, they automatically think spambot.

You could have, for example, posted in the other threads.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

Yeah, but when people see a first post with a link and little explanation, they automatically think spambot.

You could have, for example, posted in the other threads.
I've seen bots that do that too

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 02:05:01 pm »

Yeah.

But "good this very mac windows linux good very fun overpowered gamename game good" isn't exactly a genuine post. You looked like a spambot.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »

Yeah.

But "good this very mac windows linux good very fun overpowered gamename game good" isn't exactly a genuine post. You looked like a spambot.
Anyone can look like a spambot, they can be coded to respond to certain prefix replies too lol

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »

Yeah.

Anyone can look like a spambot, they can be coded to respond to certain prefix replies too lol

This is true, there was a spambot that made a couple threads in my local warhammer club forums. In it's posts, it was perfectly articulate, referenced several armies, and generally wouldn't have been noticed except that it was responding to 5 year old posts, and had gold sites linked in it's sig.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

Yeah.

This is true, there was a spambot that made a couple threads in my local warhammer club forums. In it's posts, it was perfectly articulate, referenced several armies, and generally wouldn't have been noticed except that it was responding to 5 year old posts, and had gold sites linked in it's sig.
Indeed,
Anyway back on topic, what do you think about the game? It's Definately worth the £3

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:27 pm »

Oh my they are so close to their task! I'm giddy with anticipation!

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:47 pm »

Well, in this part of the forum we like informative first posts in our threads. So you should modify the first post of this thread and add a short description of the game, screenshots and links to videos, and maybe your comment about the presented game. And please avoid double posts and spamming (answering to every other posts).

Thank you.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:15 pm »

Well, in this part of the forum we like informative first posts in our threads. So you should modify the first post of this thread and add a short description of the game, screenshots and links to videos, and maybe your comment about the presented game. And please avoid double posts and spamming (answering to every other posts).

Thank you.
Updated the first post, is it acceptable?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 07:28:45 pm »

I backed the game despite being skeptical for several reasons.

1) Some confusion where the developer says that the game is nearly done and Sproginator says it is early in the dev cycle.
2) No information about the "two man dev team". Previous experience, education, inspiration?
3) Very low funding request.
4) Uninspired video.

I backed because I support Indie Devs and believe in Crowd Funding.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3