Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176992 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #720 on: July 18, 2013, 04:54:09 pm »

If we'd avoid someone sneaking up on us while we sleep using a method that involves us not sleeping, we'd be ignoring why we wanted to sleep in the first place.
But I agree it was a silly idea and does not fit in what is happening.
Now now, that's the wrong kind of attitude.

The idea might actually work; we'd already be in a bed, we just need to get her to sleep. I suggest getting her drunk to the point where she can barely stand on her own legs.

Where do you suppose we'd get poison? Why kill them if they already gave us a place to sleep? I'm sure they'll gladly let the mad wannabe noble fleeing from the warden stay at their place and eat from their pots a little longer, too.
How do we know that they know about us fleeing? I'm trying to figure out a place for us to rest.
Clearly, we'd get a place to sleep if we became a noble, or were forced into slavery. They'll know we're still on the run, and I doubt they'll stick their neck out against the warden, given his ruthlessness. We'd need an excuse to be either slave or noble and still look for a room, and give them reason to let us stay.

What I meant is that the last time we saw the power of the gauntlet he was being used against us, now we would be using it to find out how it works.
Which might put Nerin's mind in a far more dangerous position then before. The gauntlet clearly has a mind of its own, it demonstrated that when it talked to us while we were unconcious. It might get some power over Nerin.

Edit:
As for how the gauntlet works, it can do a couple of things. First off, the gauntlet will protect the arm it covers, being practically indestructible. Secondly, the gauntlet will drain the life of at least a wounded man if you use it to strangle them. Do we really need to know more then that so badly that we should take any disadvantages that come with putting it on to the face, just so we can find out?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:05:38 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #721 on: July 18, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »

@Afellodorf
Man that's some intense deduction, I can't tell if you're simply being paranoid or trying to become the next Tevish Szat :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:14 pm »

@Afellodorf
Man that's some intense deduction, I can't tell if you're simply being paranoid or trying to become the next Tevish Szat :P
I can, usually, deduce stuff pretty well. However, it's more fun to be oblivious(or overly carefull) most of the time.

Edit: If we can't get past this stalement, I guess I could move my vote to the haunted room - marketplace option.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:53:52 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #723 on: July 26, 2013, 11:58:11 am »

...sitting there with a cup of dark ale barely indistinguishable from dogpiss I began contemplating my options...
A beer is always a beer but...I haven't had any proper sleep for Armok know's how long...and I'm all covered in blood...
While the smugglers might be my ticket out of here they don't strike me as the most reliable crew...If I had any plans on traveling in the near future time spent here would be wasted time...
But staying at Blackgate was getting progressively more dangerous...
I'm awoken from my thoughts when Brewster suddently requests a retelling of his deeds as a wrestler of wild animals since Ray seemed content on denying the truthfullness in such tales.
After a bit of confusion I manage to produce a story similar to that of Onil rather then the one Brewster himself told. Doesn't appear to matter as Brewster fills in the details himself making the pig seem more like a rageinfused bear rather than unprocessed bacon.

...turning to the voices for advice I'm simply met by a fierce quarrel about whether I should get some sleep and do something productive or attempting to get into the Esmar's pants. No conclusion is really met so I decide that perhaps time would be the solution, especially since that time had a high likelyhood of involving beer. Several things are mentioned by the voices that I find wise to consider such as Esmar's change of personality when presented with alcohol and Ray's rather poor attitude towards me.
Ordering up countless drinks to the table ended up being very costly but also surprisingly effective at solving both problems.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Brewster is off somewhere cleaning up the mess and even though Ray keeps his attitude he embraced the oppertunity of getting free drinks to such an extent that he no longer can express any sort of hostility recognizable by neither man nor dwarf.
Meanwhile Esmar loosens up quite quickly and drops her fairly unapproachable mentality, still the voices keeps encouraging a steady flow of refills for the party.

As the evening heads towards the later hours me and Esmar manage to stumble towards her place, leaving Ray confused but he doesn't manage to do much in the way of speaking beyond a long gurgeling sound.

The pace of the fortress slows down to a crawl and not noone take notice to my bloody clothes as the illumination is greatly reduced during the nightly hours. Upon reaching our destination Esmar fumbles with the key for quite some time but get the door open. The alcohol renders words useless, finding no need for such insignificant matters I invite myself in.
One silent invitation followed by another...

I've probably missed my shot with the smugglers by now...but I guess you could say I had my mind set on other activities...

*After an unspecified amount of time Nerin accually manage to find some sleep*

Much of the previous night is lost in a drunken haze but what isn't tells me last night went pretty well...
Guess I'll take a quick walk to get rid of the worst hangover...
-Huh...what are you doing here?
-I....live here...
-Oh...yea...uhmm....

I hurry off to find something to cover myself with as Lora heads over to Esmar....

-What is he doing here...again?
-uhmmm (clearly not awake)
-Esmar?
-yes?
-Why did you...bring that guy...again?
-Urrghh...I was drunk...
-Yea I kind of g...

After scurrying around the place picking up my stuff for a while they incline that a quick departure might be in my best interest.

Apart from the abrupt ending to my visit I was fairly content with the situation as a whole, even somewhat relieved to have missed the smugglers departure. I got dressed quickly as even though luckily the streetcorner was somewhat unpopulated at the moment I felt somewhat exposed. My humble attire no longer resembled that of a brutal murderer but was still filthy even by dwarven standards. After having it suggested to me by my perennial audience I travel in the general direction of the marketplace. The trip goes smoothly except for a  brief encounter with some guards, however they didn't seem to take much notice to me. I guess for all the stupid shit I've gotten into not that many know my face...
Being from a smaller country outpost I'm instantly astonished by the marketplace which to me appeared to be bursting full with people, the voices quickly correct me and explain that a marketplace generally doesnt get any calmer than this. I fail to imagine the place in a more hectic state since the shear size of it all gets hard to grasp.
I quickly look over my funds and tries to make up my mind over how to spend them, somewhere just below one hundred coins remains after the previous night.

What are your thoughts on what to buy, what to sell and attitude towards haggling?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 26, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »

Ha!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #725 on: July 26, 2013, 12:17:24 pm »

Ha!
Constructive criticism at its best.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 26, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »

Score!  ;D Keep up the good work!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 26, 2013, 12:53:19 pm »

We should've brought the other dwarf along as well, and let him in on the fun.
Edit: If we can't get past this stalement, I guess I could move my vote to the haunted room - marketplace option.
Guess I'm back to quoting myself again...
If there are more then one suggestion I'll make an effort to try and combine them. :)
Of course, that is one way past a stalement. I was just putting it up in case you put a lot of weight on the haunted room part, or if a second person was to vote for testing the gauntlet.

Anyway, things to consider buying:
  • Books: The gray king(insane period), herbalism.
  • Something sticky. It just needs to be sticky, but don't tell the seller that. Pick something of poor quality(maybe something that isn't supposed to be sticky), then drive the price down by mentioning all the things that are wrong with it. Avoid buying jizz.
  • Bone shield, cheap.
  • A hook, rope and a hammer. Again, buy it cheap.
Edit:
  • Cheap meat, probably best if it's bloody. Check if our tiny black friends are still alive before buying.
  • Book: Animal training for dummies, if we can't figure it out for ourselves.

Edit2:
  • Old sock, practically a rag.* Perhaps offer to take it off the hands of the rope-selling merchant during negotiations?

We're not buying anything to admire the craftsdwarfship, but make sure things don't fall apart.
Don't buy anything from anyone that looks intimidating. Or, if we already have bought the rope, use it to 'holster' our weapons before doing so.
Don't hang around guards for to long.

*We can smoke this in a corner of the marketplace where people won't notice, if we find one. Then, after taking a few good puffs, we can dump it in an unattended stall to ruin some poor dwarf's livelyhood.

Edit3: We should mention something miscelanious we'd supposedly want to know when buying the books.(stages of plant growth, the king's beard grooming habits) If it's not in there, use it to drive the price down.

Edit4: We can approach some stall we don't plan on visiting(perhaps a wax crafts salesman) and ask in poor dwarfish. "You are salesman, yes? You sell things for money." If he comfirms this, we can tell him he's greedy and that we'll shop elsewhere.(And if we ever get called out for this, we can deny it in normal dwarfish.)

Edit6: If we light a stall on fire, we might be able to use the distraction to steal something mid-valuable.(Something too valuable, and they might notice it early and start a search.)

Edit7: The woman with the baby seems miserable. Maybe we should talk to her?

Edit8: I didn't notice the mushroom tree here before. He'll be usefull to the elves.

Edit5: Anyone else got a suggestion?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:42:59 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 27, 2013, 05:09:46 pm »

Maybe we could ask merchants where we can buy artefacts? and maybe we could also find a whore-shop!  :D

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 27, 2013, 07:06:01 pm »

And maybe we could also find a whore-shop!  :D
Hmm, there is a man in a purple coat in the corner. Maybe we've found ourselves a pimp?

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 27, 2013, 07:37:25 pm »

And maybe we could also find a whore-shop!  :D
Hmm, there is a man in a purple coat in the corner. Maybe we've found ourselves a pimp?
LOL! in the middle there's one with a purple jacket and yellow shoes! is that a feather hat I see on his head? Let's ask around for someone named "apimpnamedslickbag"
Urist McAPimpNamedSlickBag!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

I like the image.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 28, 2013, 05:00:10 am »

If prostitution turns out to be illegal, we can always claim that we merely ment to insult the guy's choice in clothing.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 28, 2013, 05:14:25 am »

Maybe we could ask merchants where we can buy artefacts? and maybe we could also find a whore-shop!  :D

I'd say we get enough sexy time as it is, without paying for it. Well, unless they can provide entertainment we wouldn't get for free... like threesomes.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 28, 2013, 02:21:45 pm »

I'm glad we didn't go with the smugglers since I'm sure we won't be finding girls on the road like we're doing right now, if you ask me we should buy some supplies and probably a mule to ride on for later when we're leaving the fortress.
it also might be a good idea to pay for (this is probably a stupid suggestion but its still possible) a fake ID and join the guards for some free combat training.... never mind, I've just had a flashback of the combat scene where the guards had their asses kicked... after buying the supplies and the mule we should get to the trading post and look for a caravan that has just arrived and pay the mercenaries to train us in the ways of the sword.

any thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 90