Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 175726 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #735 on: July 28, 2013, 05:24:00 pm »

@ Lt_Alfred
There are guards and there are guards, the warden's group of drafted migrants is a long shot from the people you saw at the Mayor's place...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
@ Kaos
Gotta say you've got a good eye for finding pimps...I can't imagine how one would pick up such a skill...

@ AFD
Stacking edit's like that is good to a certain extent but once I've read your post chances are I won't come back and read it again :-\

Also I'm going to be traveling over the next week so don't expect too much for a couple of days, i was kinda tempted to let someone do a guest-contribution again but considering how it ended last time I think we'd all prefer to wait. :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 28, 2013, 05:27:38 pm »

@ AFD
Stacking edit's like that is good to a certain extent but once I've read your post chances are I won't come back and read it again :-\
I'll admit, I overindulged a little due to not having a lot to do.

I'd say we get enough sexy time as it is, without paying for it.
We can get more sexy time then we do now, but get paid for it! How does that sound?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:29:31 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 29, 2013, 06:02:31 am »

I'd say we get enough sexy time as it is, without paying for it.
We can get more sexy time then we do now, but get paid for it! How does that sound?

There is always a catch. Those who get it for free seldom pay for it. Those who don't get it for free are this way for a reason. Not being able to choose who we sleep with can be... problematic.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 29, 2013, 06:49:00 am »

Not being able to choose who we sleep with can be... problematic.
So long as he stops us from getting diseases(either by prevention or by paying the doctor bills), and has measures against violent costumers, I don't see the problem with someone else doing the choosing.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 30, 2013, 10:03:20 am »

What's up with you wanting to sell sex all of a sudden? weren't we leaving the fortress a minute ago because it's too dangerous for us?
If I'm not mistaken we do have an armor that we stole from a dead guard right? does that mean we also have a sword? if so we should do as I said before and buy some supplies for the trip and a pack mule for us to ride on, then we should clean up our cloak because its soaked in blood right now and then find us a map of the world, then get to the bar and ask around if anyone knew where did the smugglers go so we can follow them, we'll be able to reach them since they're traveling with a lot of merchandise and it will surely slow them down.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 30, 2013, 10:53:16 am »

What's up with you wanting to sell sex all of a sudden? weren't we leaving the fortress a minute ago because it's too dangerous for us?
Leaving the fort undersupplied would be dangerous as well, and money buys supplies. Otherwise, getting good relations with the pimp will be usefull for future plans, and telling Nerin to be a prostitute would be amusing.

If I'm not mistaken we do have an armor that we stole from a dead guard right? does that mean we also have a sword?
We've got an axe off Teneborsus, and a dagger from the guards. A sword probably isn't neccerairy, and I doubt we will be able to buy a good one with our current funds.

If so we should do as I said before and buy some supplies for the trip and a pack mule for us to ride on.
Let's say Nerin somehow becomes so good at bartering, all of a sudden, that he'll be able to purchase things at buy-in price. We'd still have about half the gold we need.(We could try to buy a muliated mule at discount, if one's for sale. But we'd probably have to buy him some wheels, driving up the cost.) If we learn a little animal training, on the other hand, we could get an animal for free once we're outside.

Then get to the bar and ask around if anyone knew where did the smugglers go so we can follow them, we'll be able to reach them since they're traveling with a lot of merchandise and it will surely slow them down.
Why go to the smugglers? I doubt they'll get along with the elf.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:39:32 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #741 on: July 30, 2013, 05:18:17 pm »

All right, I'll be gone for a while so I'll just leave this poll up to kind of like...get a feel for how you'd like to proceed from here on. :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 31, 2013, 04:05:22 am »

Dear amok, that's one tough poll.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #743 on: August 13, 2013, 03:43:53 pm »

As I walk throughout the field of different shops still mesmerized by their quantity I manage to catch a glimpse of a guard on patrol.
I manage to duck away without raising too much suspicion, thanking whatever dieties might hear me that I saw him and not the other way around.

From there on I go through a list of supplies I could need, or rather key components of the voices strange schemes. First off the paranoid crossdressing one needed a couple books, even though I might not be very familiar with books I certainly don't think they'll be particularly‎ cheap. However it seemed quite sure in its ability to get a hold of them at a reasonable price. Not before long I spot a dimly lit shop filled with old books and layers of dust, the shopkeeper's a female dwarf wearing a pair of glasses. It's not the first time I've seen someone wearing glasses but I still haven't really figured out their purpose.
Feeling a bit uncomfortable around all these strange bookrelated products I decided to trust in the paranoid one's confidence and allow him to do the talking. They got caught in a long drawn out conversation going through heaps of books and discussing prices. The shopkeeper seemed a bit frightened by the paranoid one's strange ways, and even though she had appeard quite confident when we arrived she was now stuttering and sweating profusely. Suddently without a warning the paranoid voice goes on a rampage spewing hostilities at her shop and her panoply of books, people around us turn their heads but the it manages to put on such a convincing act that they can't really judge the situation. A few moments ago the shopkeeper had felt a bit uneasy but now she was straight up panicking, trying to muster up some words but faling to do so. In the end she just breaks down crying and even though I would like to stop the situation from escalating any further I feel as if the damage has already been done. In the end it manages to talk the crying woman into giving him a set of books for free but even after achieving what I presume was it's goal the paranoid crossdressing one still manages to threaten her again as I walk off. I have some mixed feelings to what just happned, on one hand I got the books for free on the other I just witnessed one of the voices demolish someones psyche.     

Next up on the list is apperanly a boneshield, I can't see the reasoning behind it however I generally don't when it comes to the voices. I look around for a while but neither the armory nor the weaponry had anything of the sort. In the end there's a one-eyed butcher who gives me directions to a guy who lives near the refusepile, however he advices me not to go there unless I'm desperate. It turns out that the butcher is a generally nice guy and he even gives me a hunk of rotten meat for free.

The hook and hammer was hard to get a hold of at a decent price however after a drawnout session of haggeling I get a hold of a clothrope, the merchant is clearly upset with the price you got it at and when you ask him to throw in a sock for free he snaps and chases me across the the market equipped with a cookingpot.

The list is just getting wierder and wierder..."something sticky"...well I try to ask around but people just give me really strange looks, in the end the waxcrafter gives me a clump of wax out of pity.

At this point I feel a bit worn down so I grab some cavewheatbread with goose-liver from one of the stands, while I'm eating the voices spots out some people in the crowd. As soon as I'm done the paranoid one proposes that I approach a sadlooking woman carrying a child. As I talk to her I try to find out what's wrong but she's every elusive and I can't really get to the point, in the end I'm still content as that was perhaps the first coversation of the day where I didn't humliate myself in front of a crowd. It's the same thing when I try to ask for artifacts, can't really get to the point. I wouldn't say that people didn't know anything about it but rather that they didn't have time to waste on me.

Some of the voices who generally just mutter things about whores and the like of suddently spring to action as a tall(dwarven standards) figure in a bright robe glides by. I'm trying to catch up with the situation as the they are apperantly discussing prices, can't really tell what they are talking about but they are for some reason trying to haggle the price in the same direction. Obviously the situation collapses a few minutes later as the pimp realises that you are not attempting to buy but rather sell. He pulls back his hand preparing to crush my face with a divine slap but starts to laugh uncontrollably giving me an oppertunity to scurry away through the crowd as his stuttering chuckle faints away.

One of the voices expresses it's discontent towards the latest operation and suggests the acquiring of a mule. After a swift inspections of the local establishments where one might perhaps purchase such a beast I came to the conclusion that we could not afford it. However meanwhile the whole "inspection" is underway I spot I peculliar fellow in at a street corner, sort of like tucked in between a darkened wall which connects to a grand gate and the side of one of the less prestigious shopkeepers stand. Filthy, famished and febrile he resembled an outcast more then a trader even though he made it clear to the rest of the world that was not the case with a poorly made sign hanging over his head. As we made eye-contact he broke out into a wide smile revealing several missing teeth, I didn't take much notice to it but his warmth had already melted the heart of my one of my companions. Somehow a bond had been formed between him and the paranoid one, I started coughing in disgust as it's intentions became clear. I managed to brace myself and approached the salesman while supressing the voice with all my might. While most other dwarves we'd met that day had clanced at out hunk of rotten meat with disbelief this guy widened his eyes and looked upon it with a certain desire. The animals he had in stock were in the same state as him, uncleaned and sick. One of the donkyes appeared to have been chewed upon and most of the chickens were'nt even moving. But sadly even under these conditions I were'nt able to aquire a mule, however after a bit of pleading from the poor dwarf I decide to take one of the more reasonably looking goats off his hands. Considering all the havoc I've caused to see him being able to feed his family's  a good thing, on the other hand this goat won't handle more then 1-2 hours of riding without a deadly outcome.

In the end I manage to dodge the guard again and I settle down in a quiet corner and light my last sock, I still question this continuous but at this point it feels like bit of a tradition.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok I'm b even though I'm a bit late ;D
Thing is I might've been suffering alcohol poisoning for a few days, I'm not even joking :-\

Btw, Nerin can't read...so...
Can anyone of you read? If you picked a part of the timeline before year 400 that's highly unlikely...

Also is it Tirion or Kaos who keeps wanting to kill people all the time? I've forgot :P

Pretty much down to 35 coins at this point.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:33:28 am by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 13, 2013, 07:29:44 pm »

Can anyone of you read? If you picked a part of the timeline before year 400 that's highly unlikely...
It'd be a pretty undwarfish move to call you out on the few signs Nerin's read in the past.
I guess that leaves me, Nav and Tirion. I'd be the most trustworthy source, of course. If I'm able to read. If we badly want a neutral party, though, we could ask the goat. Put the glasses on it first; the book seller wore them, after all. They might help with reading.(Also, don't keep the book within biting range.)

We may want to get our goat some time in the caverns, so he can eat a little moss.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 13, 2013, 08:37:30 pm »

Glad to know you're okay now Slowpokez.

I like how my voice is turning out to be, the more rational one of the gang.
I say now we try and read the books, as Afellowdwarf stated, Nerin has read sign posts before why not now? we should read the books for any information then sell them, they're expensive, we got them for free, profit is highly possible.
Then we can buy that mule, also we can take the goat and have the butcher butcher it for us, we can pay him by giving him a cut of the meat.
I don't know where a bone shield was mentioned, but if we need it we can take some of the meat and offer it to the bone carver near the refuse stockpile to gain his trust and get him to carve the shield for us, maybe even decorate it with teeth.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:32 am »

Also is it Tirion or Kaos who keeps wanting to kill people all the time? I've forgot :P

I can read... and I want to fuck sometimes instead of kill, so not me. For example, I feel we've been horribly unfair to the bookstore chick, we should go and apologize to her... with our dick, if you know what I mean ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41:54 am »

We should read the books for any information then sell them, they're expensive, we got them for free, profit is highly possible.
Slowpokez isn't going to write out We're not going to remember the entire books. We may need some information from them later. Regardless, if we're going to read, I say we should find someplace quiet first. (Our chosen subjects are a bit out of the ordinary) Either start with the animal training and train the lice, or start with herbology and identify our plants. The grey king can wait

I feel we've been horribly unfair to the bookstore chick, we should go and apologize to her... with our dick, if you know what I mean ;)
After my.. compliments.. she's liable to call the guards if we try. And not in the fun way.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:44:45 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #748 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:47 am »

1. Nerin is not particularly well educated so even though he might recognize some letters on a sign reading an entire book is beyond his ability.
2. Nerin is carrying a lot of shit, think ya'll gotta drop some stuff at this point.
-Bag-
3.About the whole "roleplaying part" with the voices you could pm me if you want a colour or if you'd like pick a few years of history.
4. Even though I put up a poll you can still come with more suggestions :D cause the ones we have right now are pretty shit  ;D

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 14, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »

Hmm.. To rid ourselves of our excess stuff, we could feed the goat our ratweed, and sell the marble sometime. I guess we can drop the toothpick in someone's drink if we get the chance. It's like spiking someone's drink, but instead they choke on a toothpick.

We could also read the books up the ghost-free stairs near the well.

Another thing, we may want to check if we have a billy-or nanny goat.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 90