Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176626 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #795 on: September 11, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »

I'm okay with traveling alongside an elf but traveling with JUST an elf (much less one so lame) seems a little lame. Don't hate me too much but I suggest we go back and grab the nurse for a healthy 3 person team along with the essential female member.

Also begin training our new protege in the art of proper dwarven culture. With proper time and training, it may just be possible to train him into something useful and preferably a bit crazy.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 12, 2013, 06:14:34 am »

I'm okay with traveling alongside an elf but traveling with JUST an elf (much less one so lame) seems a little lame. Don't hate me too much but I suggest we go back and grab the nurse for a healthy 3 person team along with the essential female member.
Maybe we could send Wilbur to collect them, and give him rope in case they decline.

Why not get Ironion, ass-crack and the non-elven lady? I mean, who'd we rather watch fight to the death with wolves?

Edit: We could also visit the nearest human town and break someone else out of jail.

Edit2: ..We... we forgot the booze...

Edit3: If we meet a human traveler, we could train the elf as a bone-carver. We'd get shields, too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:36:58 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #797 on: September 14, 2013, 12:47:04 pm »

Hmmm, so we got some differencing opinions here. All right yet another poll :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 14, 2013, 01:31:44 pm »

While I don't have anything against fucking elves, now is not the time. Besides, we might want to press our advances to something less crazy.

Edit: Anyway, if we're going to get a new ally, I say we grab a prisoner from a human settlement rather then the nurse, or perhaps team up with an elven marksman. We could use someone who knows a little combat.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:27:34 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2013, 04:51:50 pm »

We should totally grab the nurse.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:37 am »

While I don't have anything against fucking elves, now is not the time. Besides, we might want to press our advances to something less crazy.

Edit: Anyway, if we're going to get a new ally, I say we grab a prisoner from a human settlement rather then the nurse, or perhaps team up with an elven marksman. We could use someone who knows a little combat.

I too have nothing against fucking elves as long as they are female. There may not be as many differences between genders as in dwarves, but they still matter.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 17, 2013, 10:32:09 am »

Gee, you're picky. So, what are your thoughts on sperm whale people? Only females as well?

Edit: So, how do we plan to get the nurse to join us? Rope?

Edit2: Hmm.. Leave the elf outside with Wilbur, tell him to gather food without venturing far. Take a dirt-cheap coffin off the market, bring it to the lookout point. Lure the nurse there. Knock her out1 2, tie her with the rope. Roll up the fisherman's cap and put it in her mouth.(add hair for flavor)3 Then put her in the coffin and drag it outside.

1We could do this using the round end of our axe, or by pushing her off the stairs. We may also try to strangle her.

2We could even pretend she is halucinating the whole 'elven' bussiness(or the whole 'dwarven' business if that's prefered) as a result of a nasty bump to the head.

3We can tell her that we know one another from the AEA(Anonymous Elven Alchoholics) to justify our alchohol dependency, and that's she's been 'lending her services' to old hairy dwarves in exchange for alchohol to mess with her head.(The round ears are a birth defect that stop us from hearing trees.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:35:43 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 17, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »

Or we could... you know... ask her to come with us without turning this into a clusterfuck like we always do, we can persuade her, no dwarf would ever turn down a chance to gather a fortune, how exactly are we going to be getting that fortune is a matter of debate. we don't really have to get a fortune for her to come with us, we can just say that untill we're far enough away then tell her the truth and say that we did it because we couldn't stand living without her in close proximity.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 17, 2013, 02:39:54 pm »

Why not get the doctor to join us himself instead of the nurse? His insanity makes it a heck of a lot more likely that he'll join us.(and he's effeminate enough to count as a female member) We can even play the 'study of elven atonomy angle.'

Why not ask Esmar? She might not care how we get power(don't mention elves untill comfirmed), helping the elves would be a means like any other to her if that's the case.

Edit: Ironion would be dumb enough to join, and we could use the glasses and cape to convince him of our conspiratorial might. His wealth may prove usefull. He might not be a female, but if he's in enough dresses...

Edit2: We could also try the warden's slave hordes. His guards have taken a hit, so he'll be worse at checking up on them. As for the slaves themselves? They can have a variety of skills, are rather likely disengruntled with the dwarves and don't have much to live for at the moment. Low risk, high gain. Just make sure we don't pick up a woodworker or woodcraftsdwarf.

Edit3: If we get an entire family to come with us, we'd have two pairs of extra hands on board. We could use the children as pack-mules.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:48:06 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #804 on: September 19, 2013, 12:42:42 pm »

On one hand I was kinda glad that I brought the elf along as he accually knows the way but due to his shitty condition we were moving at the pace of a bloody tortoise. The trade caravan he arrived with had made the journey in about two weeks while we were looking at more like six. Apart from our elven companion being all beat up we have some other problems right around the corner such as the lack of food, apart from Wilfred we didn't really bring anything edible. Sigh...let's not even think about the apparent absence of booze...
I guess we'll have to solve those things as they come up along the way.

As the vegitation grows denser I begin to feel uneasy as memories of my crazed journey within the wilderness starts emerging, I need a distraction...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One of the voices suggests that perhaps I should strike a conversation with the elf...this decision was greatly opposed by some voices whom still did not agree with treating an elf as anything but a prisoner.
-Uhmm...
I don't really know what to talk to him about...I got fckn problems talking to dwarves and I've never even seen an elf before...
Ask him if he can speak to trees, it might come in handy later down the line.
Yea otherwise you might just ask him about the elven culture in general, our collected knowledge is quite slim after all...
-What?
-Uhmm...can you talk to trees?
-...what?
-So elves can't talk to trees?
-No, how the do you imagine a tree speaking anyway?
-Uhmmm...
-Dwarves, pfff.
-Uhmm, what is the elven culture like?
-Well...For starters we're a proud race with acual moral standards as opposed to you dwarves or those backstabbing humans whom are slaves to your own greed. We value life over all, to kill another creature the absolute sin. Of course sometimes one has to fight to protect and even though the elves are not eager to draw arms we fight with a grace unparalleled in any other culture.
-Wait, I thought you ate people!? Like a cannibal...
-That...uhmm...Well some warriors do that to ridicule the ways of the other races, proving that all life is sacred and thus they should be treated equally. Furthermore we understand the concept of beauty and appriciate it in all its forms. The simple beauty of a single drop of moring dew slowly climbing across the rigid surface of a têran petal or the shear complexity the stars form across the celestial drapes of the gloomy nighttide....
Boooooooring....
Guys, quiet!
Fuck this shit man just kill the elf, I can't take anymore of his bullshit!
But...
We can't go all the way with this bastard, let's go back and get some better people!

*Almost an hour of elf talking to noone and voices arguing amongst eachother later*
So...we're going back?
Yes.
Well...I...uhh...sigh...

-I...think we ahve to go back...
-What? Why? You forgot something?
-Yea...you might say that...
-Well, I'm not going back in there!
-No, just wait for me outside and I'll get it done...could you maybe fget some food while I'm gone?
-I'm a bloody musician, how do you suppose I'd get a hold of some food!? Play some elven tunes and hope that some nice dwarf walks by and drops me a loaf of bread or what!?
-Ah well...you're an elf I've heard you're good with nature and all that...
-Now we're just being racist here.

Okay, that's it Nerin cut his bloody head off!
Stab him in the eye!
Burn him on a bonfire of fresh oak logs!

-I think...*hand begins reaching towards the dagger* ...I'll move on...*eyes twitching and arms shaking as I muster up enough strength to contest the murderous intentions of the voices* ahead...
-Bring something to eat...and no animals!

*Back on the road traveling south*

So... why are we going back again?
To find more reliable allies!
Well...who did you have in mind, as you might've noticed I'm better at making enemies than friends...
Don't hate me too much but I suggest we go back and grab the nurse for a healthy 3 person team along with the essential female member.
How did you plan on... persuading her to join our cause?
Rope. Definitely rope.
That...I'm not sure if I'm okay with this...
Yes, maybe you're right. Then how about we just do it like this instead-Take a dirt-cheap coffin off the market, bring it to the lookout point. Lure the nurse there. Knock her out1 2, tie her with the rope. Roll up the fisherman's cap and put it in her mouth.(add hair for flavor) Then put her in the coffin and drag it outside.
Alternatively we could do this using the round end of our axe, or by pushing her off the stairs. We may also try to strangle her. We could even pretend she is halucinating the whole 'elven' bussiness(or the whole 'dwarven' business if that's prefered) as a result of a nasty bump to the head. We can tell her that we know one another from the AEA(Anonymous Elven Alchoholics) to justify our alchohol dependency, and that's she's been 'lending her services' to old hairy dwarves in exchange for alchohol to mess with her head.(The round ears are a birth defect that stop us from hearing trees... at this point the ramblings of the paranoid one just dissolves into loose words of conspiracies and spermwhales...

How about we don't do that...
Or we could... you know... ask her to come with us without turning this into a clusterfuck like we always do, we can persuade her, no dwarf would ever turn down a chance to gather a fortune, right?
I still don't know... 'cause at the same time most dwarves aren't much for traveling...
I think we're not looking over our options properly here! Why not get the doctor to join us himself instead of the nurse? His insanity makes it a heck of a lot more likely that he'll join us.(and he's effeminate enough to count as a female member) We can even play the 'study of elven atonomy angle.'
But he's crazy...
Crazy enough to join us! Ok, ok how about Esmar!? Or Ironion!? He would be dumb enough to join us for sure!!!
Calm down a bit...
We could also try the warden's slave hordes!This is brilliant! His guards have taken a hit, so he'll be worse at checking up on them! As for the slaves themselves!? They can have a variety of skills, are rather likely disengruntled with the dwarves and don't have much to live for at the moment!! Low risk, high gain!!!!!!
That is the epitome of stupidity! You really want to try recruit people under direct control of our enemy?
That's why it's so brilliant!Noone would ever expect it!!! Oh wait, wait!! I got another idea!!! If we get an entire family to come with us, we'd have two pairs of extra hands on board!! We could use the children as pack-mules!!! And...
Once again the ramblings slowly disintegrate into nothingness...

*A few hours later we reach Silverdrop again*
Seems like they've got a guard up...
Should we maybe just try and get in as a resident of Blackgate? Or maybe it'd be better to wait for someone else to come by and sneak in then...but that might take a while...Then there's always the possibility of waiting until nightfall...perhaps it'd be better to just go with the original plan if we can't get in? hmmm...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 19, 2013, 01:36:59 pm »

Why not light something on fire? It'd distract the guard.

Edit: How about we get a flammable plant and a little vine? Tie it as a little package around a stone, light it on fire, and throw it at the guard from a distance. He might go check the direction from which the marble came(We'd have moved, gaining entry.) If he gets hit, he might o back inside to get treatment for his burns, leaving the way open. In the best case, he'd panic and we'd have the opportunity of murder.
We should probably check in with the militairist factions once we get to elfopolis. Inquire after the politics when we arrive, advance their agenda. This elf is likely not to be one of them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:55:01 pm by AfellowDwarf »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 19, 2013, 02:06:59 pm »

The nurse couldn't resist our charms before so I really don't see why we'd need to use force. Besides we're not in a position to take prisoners, we're looking for allies or at the very least people to entertain us on the journey.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 19, 2013, 02:17:58 pm »

The nurse couldn't resist our charms before so I really don't see why we'd need to use force.
The nurse couldn't resist our charm when the biggest risk she took was getting a nasty disease. Since she is employed by a medical expert, that'd be a temporary inconvinience. We're planning on asking her to risk poverty and death.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »

You wanna know what I think guys? I think we should just move it, walk right past the guard, its not like we'll get arrested or stopped, guards only keep a lookout for a ambushes by other races, and judging by the caravans and all that this fort has, I think the only possible ambush is from goblins, Nerin is no gobbo, and even if we get stopped, we can claim we're diplomats from another civilization, keep the hood down and hide our face so nobody would know its us again, if asked why we can say its a tradition enforced by our king.
once inside, we can go get the nurse and use our charm to get her to come with us, maybe visit the tavern and look for any soldier types or that dwarf girl Nerin had action with then got kicked out of her home, you know that strong chick.
the most important thing though is not to make up lies out of our collective asses, be truthful and not deviate from the darn plan.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 22, 2013, 02:24:10 pm »

If an important thing is to not-lie(to the point of not having Nerin tell people he's acting on our behalf) then we should certainly not claim to be a diplomat. What if this dwarf has rudimentary political knowledge? He could ask all kinds of questions we're not prepared to answer.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90