Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177093 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #840 on: October 14, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »

So, how do we counter her sense of self-preseverence, then? Booze isn't an option because of a lack of supplies, so, should we give her a few more whacks on the head before she wakes? I'm all for it.

Edit:Maybe we could put our most sporeous mushroom(s) below her nose? That might leave her pretty sick if she inhales enough, and sickness might lower her ability to think clearly.

Edit2: Would a small mushroom directly inside the lungs hurt? -Much?

For fuck's sake dn't hurt her further. Let's just wake her up and speak to her. If she wants to leave, let her leave.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »

Huh. I figured she'd just wake up naturally. How do you think we'd be able to fasten up that process?

Edit: We could start shouting "wake up" in an attempt to wake her. If the elf asks, we're trying to wake the owls so that they don't miss their shift; they don't have a handy sun to tell them when to wake up, after all.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:10:53 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 14, 2013, 02:39:49 pm »

Huh. I figured she'd just wake up naturally. How do you think we'd be able to fasten up that process?

Edit: We could start shouting "wake up" in an attempt to wake her. If the elf asks, we're trying to wake the owls so that they don't miss their shift; they don't have a handy sun to tell them when to wake up, after all.

Remove the coffin lid, let her breathe fresh air. Leave her tied up for all of our safety for now, but get a clean piece of cloth, find some clean running water like a spring, and clean her head would (or any other) to our best ability, erring on the side of caution. Cool wet cloth on skin can be pleasant, but hard to sleep through.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 14, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »

Wouldn't that be at risk of giving her hypothermia? She's not wearing isolating clothes, hasn't moved for a while and it might be a little on the chilly side. Maybe if we let Wilbur sit on her to keep her warm?

Also, do we want Nerin to look for a water source in the dark, given the excelent swimmer he must be?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 14, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »

Wouldn't that be at risk of giving her hypothermia? She's not wearing isolating clothes, hasn't moved for a while and it might be a little on the chilly side. Maybe if we let Wilbur sit on her to keep her warm?

Also, do we want Nerin to look for a water source in the dark, given the excelent swimmer he must be?

Then we wait for dawn. Or possibly use dew if it condensates on passably clean vegetation in sufficient quality, starlight should be enough for that. And it's green everywhere, so unlikely to be seriously chilly- and she'll wake up before getting to hypothermia if she is cold.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #845 on: October 15, 2013, 02:24:45 pm »

Sorry 'bout the slow progression lately :-\ Been doing some commission work...
Well you know...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
heh...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 15, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »

No problem. Thanks for keeping this thing going for so long in the first place. Even when I don't actively post, I really enjoy reading along.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 15, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »

Indeed. I greatly appreciate your effort as well, slowpokez.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:56:29 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 15, 2013, 10:05:39 pm »

Yes, thanks for the effort!

Sorry 'bout the slow progression lately :-\ Been doing some commission work...
Well you know...
heh...
... and for the seizure...?  ???

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 16, 2013, 03:09:40 am »

Good work needs time. At least the vote is clear now.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #850 on: October 19, 2013, 12:10:25 pm »

What the fuck!!! Nerin, STOP HURTING PEOPLE!
No...I didn't...I never wanted to hurt anyone...
Ah cheer up mate, you already killed a guy.
-No that wasn't...that was all you! You killed him!
-What?
Stop talking out loud all the time!
But...
-You're kind of creeping me out here...
-Uh...Sorry...dwarven joke...?
-Oh...still kind of weird though...

Well, somehow we have to handle this situation...I bet she won't be happy once she wakes up...
Yea we should just blame it on the elf...never liked that pompous turd-captain...pfff
Well we do kind of need him to show us the way...but how 'bout the fisherdorf eh? Looks a bit like Nerin ey? and it was dark at the time ya know.
Yea...YES! Some good thinking there!
Wait wait wait...guys she got called out there by Nerin and fought with him for a good twenty Urists or so...and he got scratches on his face! This will require som serious scheeming...
What are you suggesting...?
A cat did it!
Wha...nevermind...
Blame the elf for putting you up to this, let the nurse go where she can still find her way back, and run for it!
You're saying we should give up both companions in the wilderness, at night? That could backfire, you know...
I'm confused...
Shaddup Nerin!
We could also try to have the elf sing in order to drown out any noise made by the nurse. This has some serious drawbacks, though. The elf would sing again, and to make matters worse people with weapons could try to stop him...
Oh you elitist shit-knob, I'd prefer goblin torture to elven singing! I'd even consider using...soap before I'd sumbit to such a horrid fate!
We could leave the coffin on a hill or something, say we want a little time alone(so we can get our rope back) and leave the coffin and nurse. Amoral, but safe.
But that's cruel...
Yes?
Sigh...new plan, cmon people!
I think we should just let her go...
But then all that effort would be for nothing!
I kinda agree...I don't think Nerin could handle any more trouble...
Since when do we listen to fckn Nerin!?
Dude...this once I think we should just do the right thing and let her go...
This plan is insanely non-crazy! Wait...is that good or bad...?
We'll just tell her what's going on once she wakes up and let her go...

and so their ludicrously slow journey continued...

Once dawn broke they were both exhausted and famished the elf seemingly more dead than living, however the nurse had yet to wake up so Nerin decided to tend to her condition as far as his meager abilities would allow. Due to a clear lack of nearby springs he was forced to utilize the morning dew from various plants as a substitute, this of course after an unnecessarily lenghty discussion about Nerin's ability to obtain waster from said watersource without drowning. Well to noones surprise the nurse was kind of scared and confused once she woke up making Nerin's job of explaining the situation more difficult than expected...wait that sentence makes no sense... "making Nerin's job of explaining the situation more difficult than expected to everyone except for Nerin whom anticipated no problems with this plan." (perfect)

*A few minutes of painfully akward dialougle later the nurse fled vaguely in the direction that we had arrived from*

-That was strange...
-Yes...
-Dwarven tradition?
-Uhmm...sigh...yes...
-Well, I'd expect no less from people whom eat kittenmeat.
mmmmm, I could do with some kitten righ now...
Yea we kinda got to find some food soon.
This elf looks even worse than when we picked him up.
I think elves n' humans need to eat more frequently too, not made for a 3 days shift in the mines ya know.
Hmmm
-Are you hungry?
-I'm not going to eat a kitten if that's what you're thinking!
-Oh wait...no. Uhmm.. I mean we should find some food or something...
-I told you before I'm a musician not a gatherer or a herbalist or anything like that.
-Yea..
-We've been traveling for many hours now...we should rest some...
How many Urists is that!?
-Sure...

*Our party set up camp in a small clearing*

-What is it like at the place we're going?
-Seraté?
-Yea...I'm bad with names...
-Mine is Amathspar.
-Okay...oh..uhmm...I'm Nerin, Lord of the Glittering Caves...
-Well met and you have my gratitude for releasing me from the cell.
-Oh...thank you...
-What were you wondering about before?
-Ah uhhm...just what is it like there...because I imagine it's quite different...
-Well yes...We're more proud and civilized than the other races still consumed by greed and animalistic pleasures. At least we used to be...our pride has been greatly hurt since you dwarves started this wicked campaign. Every day the lands which are safe to wander shrink and soon we will no longer be the protectors of nature but rather the protected by it...
-I'm sorry...
-Don't be, we stand above blaming a collective race for the crimes of a few.
-Are all elves so "righteous"? I mean there has to be greedy or evil elves too right?
-True there will always be those obsessed with desire, however the political system of Seraté prevents those kind of induviduals from reaching a position of power.
-Wouldn't they just take it with force?
-Much like in many old dwarf civilizations was ruled by the superior warrior and how human kings get overthrown by civil wars we have a similar tradition involving the art of the sword. The elf with the fiercest blade and the quickest wit is awarded with a position of unlimited dominance and prestige however completly cut off from the seat of political decisionmaking. That way those driven by greed never lead the nation astray but instead they fight amongst themselves for a spot in paradise.
-cool...
-Yes but...sigh...Things are not going too well as it is...Years of opression has made our nation weak, already fighting the dark ones had greatly dimished our numbers and this recent hunting of my kin has further deepened the wound. Humans and dwarves generally recover fast from the tolls of war and sometimes they even come back stronger than before, breeding like rats and fueling their work with the darkness and hatred within their hearts.
-Hey come on...some vengeance is called for...
-Elves do not concern themselves with petty things like revenge or malice.

Nerin I think it's time to slap the shit outta this anorectic piece of shit!
Yea, before he start sining again!
But I'm hungry! and we need this guy...
Cmon yout dwarven honour is being trampled on! Theach this wimp what beign a man is all about!
What is that?
Uhmm...I don't fckn know it's like...it changes from situation to situation okay?
We'll handle that part later, how we gonna get some food?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kidnapping the nurse really threw me off my track there :P, usually I got a good sense of what'll come up next and got some conversations and backgrounds prepared but this time things
escalated real quick!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 19, 2013, 12:24:02 pm »

I don't think I want to travel with this guy to the elf civilization. I say we knock him out, tie him up and put him in the coffin and then go to the nearest goblin civilization and trade him for acceptance there. We rise our way up the goblin hierarchy and then declare war on the stupid dwarven community that we just left as well as the elves.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 19, 2013, 12:24:20 pm »

C'mon Nerin, you survived in the wilderness before, you know some edible surface plants.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 19, 2013, 12:36:25 pm »

Well, let's just hope she gets eaten by bogetmen. We don't want the dwarven authorities after us.

I guess we should just find some food. Didn't the book describe some edibles?

I don't think I want to travel with this guy to the elf civilization. I say we knock him out, tie him up and put him in the coffin and then go to the nearest goblin civilization and trade him for acceptance there. We rise our way up the goblin hierarchy and then declare war on the stupid dwarven community that we just left as well as the elves.
Joining up with the goblins is a terrible idea. Their lack of ethics might seem apealing, but they don't leave room for intrigue. Goblin:"Why1 don't1 the1 authorities1 do1 anything1 about1 this1 guy1?! He1 slept1 with1 my1 wife1 and1 burned1 my1 bed,1 for1 amoks1 sake1!"

1 *stab*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:38:29 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #854 on: October 19, 2013, 12:39:10 pm »

Well, let's just hope she gets eaten by bogetmen. We don't want the dwarven authorities after us.

I guess we should just find some food. Didn't the book describe some edibles?

Joining up with the goblins is a terrible idea. Their lack of ethics might seem apealing, but they don't leave room for intrigue. Goblin:"Why1 don't1 the1 authorities1 do1 anything1 about1 this1 guy1?! He1 slept1 with1 my1 wife1 and1 burned1 my1 bed,1 for1 amoks1 sake1!"

1 *stab*
xD
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 90