Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176600 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1005 on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:02 pm »

Try to look, smell, sound, and taste like a rock.
The elf can try to look, smell, sound and taste like a tree.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 09, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »

Hmm, so there's a tie between trying to pass off as a rock and using an outrageously powerfull artifact. Seems legit. I went for tasting like a rock, myself.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 10, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

Guess what *I* chose!  :D

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1008 on: January 11, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

Suddently I heard a twig breaking on the road ahead of us, I gave Amathspar a quick wave to get his attention. As we both stop I squint and stare intently into the darkness ahead of us.
-You see something?
-No…but I think there’s something there…
-I get that feeling too, we should be quiet.
A few urists* pass as we look out into the shadowy forest. After a while you could spot small glimmers a few dozen urists* ahead of us, but it’s impossible to tell if it’s just a figure of your imagination. The longer we stand there the more crackling sounds I pick up from all around us…
Without a warning something moves behind me, a swing around quickly knife in hand and the elf is gasping for air. To our relief it’s just Wilfred getting bored with our motionless behavior, with twitchy smiles upon our faces we get ready to keep on walking. However, right there in front of I can clearly pick out the shining eyes of some unknown entities emerging from the solid darkness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-What is that!?
-I…don’t know…
-Shouldn’t we run!?
-I don’t know!
What are those things?
How are we supposed to know? If you can’t see them neither can we.
What am I supposed to do!? Think they might be harmless?
Nah man, it’s probably just some ‘ol wolves or…
That’s bad for fuck sake!
…or they might be with the elves. If were real unlucky they could be with the humans from the last town or wait a second… I think that my Crundle Sense might kick in at any moment now!
Whatever they are theyr’re getting closer! We have to do something!
I guess that reasoning with them is out of the question.
I’d say the same thing goes for fighting, we have no idea how many is out there.
So…we run!?
I guess…
No, I have a better idea! Let’s try to look, smell, sound, and taste like a rock.
The elf can try to look, smell, sound and taste like a tree.

You’re an absolute genius!
Wait…I don’t even…
I really wish I’d thought of that
No. No more of this bullshit, we’ve done enough of this stupid bullshit. Whenever we listen to these guys we end up burning down towns or kidnapping nurses or…that time we don’t talk about(the ominous chapter 38)
So what’s the plan then?
WE FIGHT!
Seriously? Last time I checked we could barely beat a retarded goblin.
Fear not weak one, for it’s… Gauntlet-time!
GUYS THEYRE COMING CLOSER!
Put on the gauntlet Nerin!
-Nerin!?
-Eh!?
-What should we do!?
-We… *gulp* we fight!
It’s a wolf!!!
That’s good! Let’s teach these feral beasts about the wrath of Armok!
This guy sure is optimistic…
-Waaaaaaarggghgh!
See what I tell ya’ll!

I felt their teeth sink into my flesh but there was no pain or… I guess I felt it but distantly, there was no fear or anger either it all just felt so insignificant. There was this chilling feeling though, the same one I had felt earlier with the goblin, I wanted it to stop but I was powerless in its presence. I felt it pouring into me like the last breath you take while drowning, one desperate but futile attempt at recovery only to slowly fade away into the depths…

Uhmm...this is all going according to plan...
Yea, I can see that.
Right now we're just observing the enemies tactics, getting ready to counter attack!
You'd better get going with that then 'cause that one lookin' mighty hungry.
Oh shit! Uhmm... Nerin, get yourself together! Counter attack!

Suddenly Nerin starts shaking furiously and manages to shove his foot into the face of one of the wolves while he grabs another around the neck with the gauntlet and performs a massive feat of strength holding the wolf above him as it lashes out towards his face. With his other hand he reaches for the dagger, all while he kicks the other one repeatedly. Still with the massive wolf hanging suspended just a few urists away from his face he begins carving its neck open pouring deluges of blood down on him. The beast panics and tries to escape his grasp but he shoves his sharp fingers into the wound and tears the neck wide open instantaneously putting an end to its days. The other one which has managed to gain an advantage and sunk its razor like fangs into his leg once again has no chance to react when the little enfeebled creature before it finds new power and jumps on to it.

Your mortal souls shall feed my eternal wrath!
Yea! That's more like it Nerin!
Uhmm...
I like the new attitude!
Feed!
Yea, we should totally eat 'em later on!

At this point Nerin is no less of a beast than the wolves around him throwing himself wildly at his opponent, disregarding any attacks coming his way, completely unaware of his surroundings. For every stab the wolf grows more panicked until it gives up on clawing at his eyes and begins limping away still entangled with its rabid attacker. In the end it only manages a few steps before it bleeds out and fall down on top of Nerin. The other wolves seems to have caught up with the situation and begins to retreat into the dark forestry.

I can’t believe that actually worked!
Good job Nerin!
Phew…
Feed…
Nerin?
Eh…
Nerin?
Feed…

In an instant the wolf’s carcass gets thrown aside and a figure covered entirely in blood emerges, without a moment of reluctance the blood-soaked dwarf rushes into the forest after the wolves.
Nerin stop, we’ve won!
What the fuck…
Nerin what’s going on?
If someone is pulling some stupid stunt this’d be the point to give it up…
Running like a madman he suddenly hears a muffled howl a few urists to his right. Sprinting through the shrubbery he reaches the edge of a man-high hillside, not taking second to think through the situation he throws himself off and onto the beast below. A loud crack is heard from his ankles as he lands beside the wolf which leans back and growls at this unforeseen predator. As he rushes towards it knife in hand the wolf decides to make a final stand, a second too late though as the first knife is quickly followed by another digging itself into the side of the wolf. As soon as it falls he starts to run off into the forest like a madman again.
Nerin!?
Is Nerin gone?
Wtf?

I wake up as I feel someone licking my cheeks...wtf?
That's wierd...
Wait!? It's a wolf!?
I jump up and try to fend of the attacker but Wilfred manages to overpower me.
-Oh...It's just you...
-Where's the other one? You know, the elf.
-Baahhh
-Hmmm.
I start to scratch my beard but instantly stop.
Why am I wearing the gauntlet!?
Why am I covered in blood!?
Why is it morning!?
What...
Oh yea the wolves...
What happned back there...

Nerin you're back?
Yea? Did i pass out?
Kinda...
What happned?
Short version, you killed some wolves and ran off in to the forest.
Is Amathspar okay?
Last time I saw him he was fine.
Kay, so he's not with Wilfred?
Wilfred just came here he's probably on his way.
Good...
Hide the gauntlet.
Oh yea...
Didn't he see it during the fight?
Probably not, I'd guess he was quite busy.

-Neriiiiiiiin!
-Neeeriiiiiinnnn!

-Yes, I'm here!
-Oh my god there you are! What happned?
-Uhhhh...
This is an easy one, you just got carried away fighting.
-I guess I got a bit carried away fighting, heh.
-That was insane, not only did you fend of the entire pack but you actually went after them!
-Yea, shouldn't mess with a dorf, heh...

After that we went through our injuries which there were surprisingly few of, after a bit of rest and a bit of bandaging we were good enough to hit the road again. Even my shoulder wound had closed up a bit, the gauntlet sure is strange...
For another few days we kept traveling without any major inconsistencies, it wasn’t until we were just about to run out of supplies that we came into contact with anyone at all.

In the distance we could spot a solitary character kneeled down at a small glade, it looked pretty human and its long dark hair indicated that it was woman. As we moved closer the figure jumped a bit, clearly startled by our presence. At this distance we could clearly identify her as an elven female, she also appeared to be unarmed and seemed fairly hesitant in her reaction.
In a swift motion she rose into a fierce but trembling pose, fists out in front and facing our direction. I would never claim to be a skilled fighter but even I could point out her unusually low guard, it’s probably safe to assume that she’s not much of a warrior. After standing there wavering for a bit she shouts loudly at us, her eyes filled with courage but her voice failing her.
-WHO ARE…Who are you!?
As I start walking over to her she takes a step back and starts glancing over her shoulder, I stop and let Amathspar stand in front to clear up any unnecessary complications. After a while she seems to calm down and begins to slowly come closer to meet us.

The questions is how we want to handle this, be really honest and tell her about the situation or maybe tell her some beneficial lies, should we try and get some supplies from her or should we avoid making too much contact before we get into a more safe position.
Really just, how do you wanna aproach the situation?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:31:34 pm by slowpokez »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 12, 2014, 08:30:39 am »

Ha ha! I told you guys! a piece of cake! we even got healed!
Didn't we loot the wolves? a bunch of food and pelts gone to waste...

Did we caught the female elf while she was masturbating!!? what's that thing in her hand?

Can we trade Amathspar for the female elf? pimping time!!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 12, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

Did we caught the female elf while she was masturbating!!? what's that thing in her hand?

Let's err on the side of caution as far as this elf's gender is concerned. We know how they like to cross dress, after all. Sure, it's no particular intrest to me, but we might offend them if we make the wrong assumption.

Anyway, the first thing we want is information. Who this elf is, what it's doing and why. If it's a citizen of the elves' place it might serve us to let our elf do some talking if he tries. Still, if he weirds it out, we should take back the conversation, apologise and tell it he had to endure a pretty tough time in prison.

We need an excuse to not tell our name first. Feign (a different kind of) paranoia and ask it if it's part of the bandits. Mention that the bandits are pyromaniacs if it turns out not to be a bandit(tree lovers have some weird kind of grudge against people who cause forest fires, so not liking these bandits might get us a few bonus points.)

If it seems not to have any reason to screw us over, we can tell that we're travelers and where we're heading.

If it does turn out to have a reason to screw us over, pretend to have some kind of traumatic flashback to our previous combat encounters and start shouting wildly about them, in an attempt to scare it away. Then, once it no longer looks at us, drop to a fetal position for a few moments and ask what happened.

Of course, we could also start making wood-pun filled innuendo at him/her.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 12, 2014, 05:37:02 pm »

Why not just be honest?
"Hello. I'm Nerin, this is my friend Amathspar. We are travellers heading for the elven capital. Do you know the way there?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:39:10 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 12, 2014, 10:22:20 pm »

tell her he was raped by a goblin it had to endure a pretty tough time in prison.
FTFY
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:23:52 pm by Kaos »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 13, 2014, 10:16:47 am »

tell her he was raped by a goblin it had to endure a pretty tough time in prison.
FTFY
I think it might be better if we just imply that, rather then say it bluntly. We found him in a prison, most of the prisoners weren't fully clad. He was in a cell with a sweaty shirtless goblin. The first time we tried to save him, it went wrong. We ran away and heard a loud thumping. We rember something about a thick, hard cog in someones face.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:38:45 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1014 on: January 13, 2014, 11:05:17 am »

ಠ_ಠ '

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:06 am »

I tried to put 'come' in there somewhere, but it felt forced in.

Edit: Ah crap, now everything sounds suggestive.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:25:56 am by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 14, 2014, 08:27:54 am »

Why not just be honest?
"Hello. I'm Nerin, this is my friend Amathspar. We are travellers heading for the elven capital. Do you know the way there?"

That, and some flattery. The elf chick is hot.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:24 pm »

Maybe we should ask about her relatives before flirting, in case she runs away in terror. Both as to possibly blackmail her and to practise our flattery with said family members.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 14, 2014, 09:08:26 pm »

go all out with the sexual innuendos!! if it backfires we can still say is a dwarven custom to which our elf buddy will probably agree saying that dwarves do indeed have weird customs and such.. :)

Edit: also ask her if she hasn't happened to have seen a lost nurse

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:51 am »

go all out with the sexual innuendos!! if it backfires we can still say is a dwarven custom to which our elf buddy will probably agree saying that dwarves do indeed have weird customs and such.. :)

Edit: also ask her if she hasn't happened to have seen a lost nurse
-cause she's got one heck of a sick ass?

Edit: No, really, she should get that checked. Did we mention we're a doctor?

Edit2: Cause we really are a doctor, and a mayor too. Yes, we're a very important person. We didn't ask for dwarves to kill elves, though, oh no. Doctors shouldn't meddle in politics, that's what mayors are for. But in our oppinion, we'd rather be the only one *thrust* skewering elves.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:51:59 am by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 90