Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177087 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1035 on: January 20, 2014, 05:13:59 pm »

If we get shelter, we'd have to enter the city first. If that's going to happen in the first place, they'll want to be sure we're not bringing some mass burning device or a particulary vicious vermin or syndrome. Ample reasons to search our bag, and the gauntlet in it does not look benevolent, red smoke and all.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 21, 2014, 12:40:23 am »

Y'know, Nerin could probably take this guy. Even without the gauntlet. Nerin has been in a bunch of fights, and must have decent combat skills by now. He's also wearing leather armour and has real weapons. No way an elf with a wooden sword could beat him.

New action:
Nerin. You can take this guy. His swords made of wood for fuck sake. Wear all your clothes for padding. Dual wield the axe and the knife. Throw metal coins at him. Throw rocks at him. You can do it. You are the lord of the glittering caves. Don't even need the gauntlet.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 21, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »

Y'know, Nerin could probably take this guy. Even without the gauntlet. Nerin has been in a bunch of fights, and must have decent combat skills by now. He's also wearing leather armour and has real weapons. No way an elf with a wooden sword could beat him.

New action:
Nerin. You can take this guy. His swords made of wood for fuck sake. Wear all your clothes for padding. Dual wield the axe and the knife. Throw metal coins at him. Throw rocks at him. You can do it. You are the lord of the glittering caves. Don't even need the gauntlet.

You have a point. Unlike the elf's "sword". Still, we should use the gauntlet just to be on the safe side, this elf seems like a sneaky one full of dirty tricks. If we insist that any spectators are out of melee distance, such as observing the duel from behind a 1st story window, or from a high tree, all we're going to accomplish is butchering exactly one arrogant elf in a very theatrical manner. And if they ask, tell the truth: yes, we do have a dwarven Artifact in our possession. It boosts our martial powers. We obtained it by defeating it's former owner. While we were unarmed and he had an axe too. I doubt the elves would be willing to try and challenge us for the gauntlet, especially after we demonstrate it's/our powers on that mean whoreson. We'll take over and keep his position by virtue of sheer badassery, becoming some sort of sex-addicted artifact-empowered reverse Cacame.

Also the hot chick, while being our challenger's half-sister, appears to hate him. At the very least she won't mind if we redecorate a square with his blood and gore.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 21, 2014, 07:31:41 pm »

New action:

YES!!! I totally agree! the worst that can happen s a few bruises or some blood being spilled! his sword is fucking wooden! I don't think I've ever seen someone amputate anything with a wooden sword (unless he keeps hitting the same area over and over again which is unlikely) plus the bastard is huge and any speed advantage he has will be nullified with our ability to hide under his legs and punch him in the pills (if he has any that is)

New action:
What Nav but before anything try sprinting until you're under him then hit him with a rock in the pills, if that works then jump on his back and attack him with the knife and axe make sure you lodge the weapons in him then keep holding on to them while trying to use it to climb his back stabbing him each step of the way up to his head then administer the skull splitting finally with the axe. I'm the spirit of a dwarven soldier! trust me Nerin I know what to do!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1039 on: January 22, 2014, 09:58:55 am »

Well, there's a lot of opinions back and forth so I'll wait another day for people to change around their vote or post some new stuff before I lock the poll. ???

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 22, 2014, 11:35:29 am »

There might be political undercurrents here. Before we answer, let's politely ask the girl how she would feel about us killing this arrogant asshole. Let's not end up hated by her for actually doing it. Also, ask the challenger what happens if we win, and if the duel is to the death. If it is, and the girl wouldn't mind us killing the guy, proceed with butchering him (with the gauntlet). If his death would mean losing our chances to score with that girl, we should decline the duel, at least for now, claiming injury and ignorance of the situation.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:38:34 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1041 on: January 23, 2014, 08:39:24 am »

There might be political undercurrents here. Before we answer, let's politely ask the girl how she would feel about us killing this arrogant asshole. Let's not end up hated by her for actually doing it. Also, ask the challenger what happens if we win, and if the duel is to the death. If it is, and the girl wouldn't mind us killing the guy, proceed with butchering him (with the gauntlet). If his death would mean losing our chances to score with that girl, we should decline the duel, at least for now, claiming injury and ignorance of the situation.
1.sure
2.The title of Courtlounger is passed on by killing the previous bearer, this act of cruelty might not be common practise amongst elves however the people who go after the title in the first place often lack some of the elven ideals to begin with.
3.Well this came a bit late in the voting so without a general consensus I can't adjust the outcome, too late eh.

And pls guys...give me a bloody tiebreaker, y u gotta do this every week? :P Someone just switch 'round your vote or somethin' -_____-'

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 23, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »

Oh I forgot to vote. Done!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 23, 2014, 01:31:54 pm »

If his death would mean losing our chances to score with that girl, we should decline the duel, at least for now, claiming injury and ignorance of the situation.
Not to mention that it'll likely take his parents a long time to forgive us. They could leave us dry for weeks.

crazedjesster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 23, 2014, 02:05:04 pm »

Maybe we should ask the half sister what she thinks. I still say before we slay the elf we should get him to accept his sister publicly. Holding a elf position should let us into the city. Then the terror and women will fall from the sky!!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 27, 2014, 02:33:55 pm »

Maybe we should ask the half sister what she thinks. I still say before we slay the elf we should get him to accept his sister publicly. Holding a elf position should let us into the city. Then the terror and women will fall from the sky!!
How about we light the women on fire before we throw them off the clouds? We'd be able to say that they got killed in a meteor shower. I'm not sure about doing this to terror, though. I rather like her. Although, if we do kill her, our grief will make others less likely to suspect us.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:36:10 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1046 on: January 27, 2014, 08:03:46 pm »

Gauntlet time!!!
This is our chance! We defeat this douche and get an elven noble title and access to all those hot elven girls!! Then we can reclaim the “Glittering Caves”
(the glittering caves is an imaginary place made up by some of the voices in an early chapter and has nothing to do with Rocklod) with an army of hot elven archers, we'll probably have to clad them with some good ol’ dwarven steel before that!!(there might be some flaws with this part)
If they ask about the gauntlet we can say it's the epic weapon of the Lord of the Glittering Caves!!
The Lord of the Glittering Caves shall now also be the Courtloungerpimp of hot-elf-girl-town!!

Has anyone considered that the gauntlet makes for a rather demonic looking light show? Also note that it won't heal us from big wounds, like getting stabbed in the torso. Also note that scared-to-death elves aren't liable to heal us either.

Use the Gauntlet!!!

There might be political undercurrents here. Before we answer, let's politely ask the girl how she would feel about us killing this arrogant asshole.

USE THE DAMN GAUNTLENT LIKE A MAN!

In the end the voices arguing for the use of the gauntlet overpower the rest and it is decided upon. However before accepting the challenge I quickly managed to ask Sehdul about her feelings towards the fight ahead of us.
-As a dwarf I can’t back down from a challenge like this…I hope you understand that this is something that I have to do…
-What are you talking about?
-I just want to know how you’d feel towards me going through with this…
-No don’t, get away while you have a chance! It’s suicide!
-No I meant about me killing your brother…
-That…Don’t you understand!? He can’t touch you unless you challenge him!
-I guess I won’t get your consent then… it burdens me to know however it shallt not dull my resolve.
-You’re insane!
-Heh, perhaps…
I reach into my bag and turn towards the Courtlounger…
-All right you pompous turd biscuit, it’s on!
He seems to be confused and instead of a proper response he simply grins maliciously followed by a swift nod.
The people outside the city go wild; the more revered people begin vacating the premises while commoners stream in from the sides. Soon a huge half circle of elves had formed around them.
Fuck, I was hoping to fight without an audience, the gauntlet might backfire in a situation like this…
Ah well…too late now.
I pull out my gauntlet as he unsheathes his sword, the air around us grows heavy and the crowd goes quiet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As I put it on I instantly sense that familiar feeling of my core dropping in temperature, and the excruciating pain that follows quickly thereafter. Then the pain remains the same but I start to feel an increasing distance towards it, like an item left behind on the surface after a dive… I’m suddently filled with an intense and unexplainable anger…or perhaps a bloodlust one might call it…it too so very distant…
In a complete rage I throw myself towards the elf swinging my axe wildly at him, he seems surprised by the intensity of my attack and is instantly put on the defensive, the crowd gasps for air. But even though my strikes were both fast and strong he cunningly dodged every single attempt. With every strike my anger grew but no matter how furiously I fought I failed to land a single hit. Then something strange happened, while the gauntlet had at earlier times plunged me deeper into the darkness as the fight went on this time something was strange, as I kept fighting instead of sinking I soon felt myself once again reaching closer to this formless entity of bloodlust and pain. Soon without realizing it I had fully regained control of my own actions and found myself facing the elf. The elf which had been casually dodging for quite a while now probably saw this as me getting tired all of sudden and quickly lashed out towards me. His slash was extremely fast, my eyes couldn’t keep up with the blade at all and blood was drawn followed by loud cheering.
-That’s all you got little man!? 
-…
The next part of the fight was atrocious, not only had the gauntlet stopped working but the elf was a far better fighter than what we had anticipated. His fighting style did not match his bold words at all and he fought with extreme caution even while at an advantage. Always standing at a safe distance and only moving in to strike while having a positional advantage.
At first I tried to stay on the defensive but I repeatedly kept getting cut on my hands and arms by his swift blade while trying to parry. The offensive strategy went even worse as he simply dodged every strike I made only to counterattack in the blink of an eye, the second I manage to bring up my guard he’d already backed off. Slash after slash he kept cutting me up, putting up a great show for the audience I guess…The only saving grace would be that he fought with a wooden sword, a bloody toy for Armok’s sake!  But there’s a limit to how many cuts I can take, at some point I’ll just bleed out…
In my most desperate of moments I decided to accept advice from the paranoid one, whom had devised a battle tactic around the notion of throwing metal coins at the elf to confuse it. It’s cheap but I decided to do it anyway and threw my last coins at him, which he quickly just swiped out of the air with his blade. I even tried to bring out my knife and dual wield aginst him however due to heavy bloodloss my moves were sluggish. This might be hopless...

We should just bail Nerin! Concede and run for it! Fuck this honor stuff!
No come-on we can't let a chance like this slip away!
I agree the elf insulted us, he must pay for his crimes!
Nerin's life is at stake here!
I'd rather die than live in shame!
Then do you have any idea for how we could turn this around then?
This would've been much easier if the gauntlet didn't fuck up...but I'm sure we'll come up with something soon!
What are you talking about? Haven't you noticed that this fucker is so ridiculously fast that he’s practically beating us up with a stick!
I…I don’t know! Stop being so negative!
Well I’d love to hear a more positive viewpoint on us dying from fucking blood loss!

Well the question is really whether to concede the duel and avoid fighting entirely or somehow circumvent the elf’s speed advantage. Either option would however require some clever thinking and perhaps a bit of luck.               

...or something completly different beyond the limitations of my narrow mindset. (Just when you think that you've taken every aspect into account some idiot decides to kidnap a vague acquaintance in a stolen coffin ::))                                                                 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:19:42 pm by slowpokez »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 27, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

THROW THE FUCKING AXE
Crack-a-lack-a

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 27, 2014, 09:49:08 pm »

THE GAUNTLET NEEDS MORE BLOOD

FEED ON THE CROWD AND THEN FINISH THE ELF LORD

:D

Edit: If that doesn't work, run away. We can always come back and kill him in his sleep later or something.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:51:10 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

crazedjesster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 27, 2014, 10:28:15 pm »

Use our blood to power the gauntlet.  Then grab his weapon when he strikes us. Hold the weapon and beat the blood out of him, then eat his heart!!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 90