Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177106 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1245 on: March 16, 2014, 05:27:15 pm »

Can we wait on antagonizing these people until after we don't need them anymore? I don't want to damage our chances of actually gaining something useful out of this. Afterwards we can act like a maniac :P.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 16, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »

They wouldn't know it was us drawing those arrows. It'd just keep them on edge.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 16, 2014, 07:04:59 pm »

Out of all the suggestions you made, that was probably the one I was referring to the least ???.
Sure thing peanut man!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 16, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »

Can we wait on antagonizing these people until after we don't need them anymore? I don't want to damage our chances of actually gaining something useful out of this. Afterwards we can act like a maniac :P.
+1 to this, though not the maniac bit.

I guess I'm going to be the designated nice one and try to counteract some of our more violent, self-destructive impulses.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 16, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »

We should socialize with one of them. Improve our standing with the priests, who seem to hate us; improve their thoughts of us, suck up to them if we have to(not the way you're thinking about AFD)
Then we could use their political power to establish a better political foothold back in town, and forward our own political aganeda, with control over the Elven stone economy.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 17, 2014, 10:10:26 am »

But where would we get the leaches?

Edit: Hmm.. I wonder if a net would work. We could craft one out of elf hair.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:54:06 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 18, 2014, 04:34:30 pm »

We should socialize with one of them. Improve our standing with the priests, who seem to hate us; improve their thoughts of us, suck up to them if we have to(not the way you're thinking about AFD)
Then we could use their political power to establish a better political foothold back in town, and forward our own political aganeda, with control over the Elven stone economy.

Agreed, but I think we should socialize with the female. Because she's the most mysterious of them all. Not because I'd fuck her. Honest. [Makes a roll for Tirion's Liar skill]
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1252 on: March 18, 2014, 05:05:35 pm »

Agreed, but I think we should socialize with the female. Because she's the most mysterious of them all. Not because I'd fuck her. Honest. [Makes a roll for Tirion's Liar skill]
critical failure....(I actually rolled it)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1253 on: March 18, 2014, 06:03:53 pm »

As the others slept I got a chance to roam around as I wanted, some of the voices wanted me to stay at the camp and attempt to make friends but I decided against it since I didn’t want to wake them up. Perhaps I could’ve gotten some information on the mission but then again I was not too keen of socializing with any of these snarky bastards. Instead I went on a stroll around the area, scouting out the environment around the lake. Even though it was late the sky was clear and the moon almost full which allowed me to see very well. But even considering this I noticed that our camp was very well camouflaged and could only be spotted from the lakeside which seemed unreachable without a boat, adding on the fact that there was no campfire or raised voices we were practically untraceable.

I began my search by exploring the lake which looked almost surreal with the moonlight reflecting off the surface like a silvery web across the ripples. I tried to view out across the lake to the other side but the water was too bright and the shores too shady. The lake itself looked serene at first but at closer look it was bursting with life, shoals of tiny bottom feeders frolicking around the reeds, glimmering dragonflies hovering above lily pads and the majestic yet frightening outline of carps deep beneath the surface. I was tempted to bring out my fishing rod and give it a go but I wouldn’t want the elves to catch on to what I doing…but two years was living off bread and vegetables made it seem excruciatingly tempting. I continued my round while still thinking about the lake’s delicious secrets but, perhaps I’ll give it a go later? Hmm…

In the opposite direction there was dense forest, while the trees were comparatively sparse the other vegetation was quite the opposite and created what at first glance appeared to be a solid wall of shrubbery. After a while though I managed to find my way through and began exploring. My meager height helped me out greatly when it came to navigating around the area as I could with little effort duck beneath any low hanging branches. I finally found a more open area once I reached a small creek weaving its way through the forest. This was a true stroke of luck since now it’d be impossible to get lost as I could just follow it back to the lake which it presumably flowed in to. While my trip did not live up to the expectations of the voices concerning adventures I had a felt ecstatic after finding a colony of mushrooms, I managed to identify both eatable and poisonous ones. A happy surprise especially due to the fact that mushrooms wasn’t too common on the elven menu. As I munched down on some delicious fungi the voices also suggested I’d grab a hold of some poisonous ones as well, to which I complied hesitantly making sure I didn’t mix up my stashes. High in spirit I continued onwards for quite a while finding little of interest but contently enjoying the nature around me. Just as I was about to turn back I found some strange tracks on the ground, it was really hard to tell in the dark but even after a closer inspection I was unable to discern their origin.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just as I’m about to follow them into unknown territory I hear movement not too far away. I panic and drop to the ground. I cover my mouth and lie completely still….listening, listening intently. The sound of splashing…hmm…but the lake’s too far away…
I remain still for another urist before I begin crawling towards the source… As I get closer the sound gets more distinguishable and suddenly accompanied by what could be a canal or a waterfall. Between the leaves of my concealment I spot an outcropping cliff with a waterfall flowing over the side. As I silently brush away a few branches I get a look of a small pond at the base of the fall where a lady is currently bathing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I realize that perhaps I should notify the others…she could be an enemy. And even though I had been walking for quite a while we were still relatively close to the camp if one would count out the rough terrain. The voices weren’t as conclusive and decided that we shouldn’t make any rash decisions. While the voices were planning out our next move I found myself disgusted by the foamy stuff…the…the soap. Seemed terribly unnatural and as we all know soap belongs in a hospital and should only be used in extreme emergencies. And even then it’s questionable. But I was awoken from my pondering upon the subject of soap as the voices spotted something in the distance, a good 30 urists from the pond. (Undeliberate pond puns are the best puns). It appeared to be a small collection of bags and clothes and other miscellaneous items, probably belonging to the nearby woman. The obvious idea of robbing the shit out of this poor unknowing lady was naturally suggested in our ongoing internal discussion, while I was to no extent encouraging behavior I was on the other hand fairly positive about going through her belongings to finds something that might indicate her intents or identity.
But I kept waiting in hiding for the voices to reach a conclusion. While robbing her might not have any repercussions I was not too keen on the idea from a moral stand point, meanwhile it would still be a no risk potential reward option. To interact with her would be detrimental if the elves somehow caught wind of it as this mission had thus far been executed as a covert undertaking, still the keyword is if. There is also the more sensible option to leave her alone and either notify the party or to keep on exploring. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:15:32 am by slowpokez »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 18, 2014, 06:10:59 pm »

Look at her stuff for clues, but don't take anything. We don't know who we're dealing with here.

Then perhaps we ought to look at those tracks. I can't tell from the picture. Could be hers, could be someone or something else.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 18, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »

Go fish in the pond.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 18, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »

Yeah, smoke pipe, waggle eyebrows at the bathing girl, and fish in the pond. If any elf asks, we're doing catch and release.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 18, 2014, 09:47:18 pm »

I may be paranoid... I may be very paranoid... but doesn't anyone find this kind of weird? We should check her stuff and then go back to camp and report what we saw.

Alternatively, I'd be cool with knocking her out and dragging her back to camp for interrogation but this still feels like an odd situation to me.
Sure thing peanut man!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 19, 2014, 02:58:04 am »

I may be paranoid... I may be very paranoid... but doesn't anyone find this kind of weird? We should check her stuff and then go back to camp and report what we saw.

Alternatively, I'd be cool with knocking her out and dragging her back to camp for interrogation but this still feels like an odd situation to me.

Definitely wierd, I agree. While her shapely backside definitely gives me a raging boner, and reminds me how long it was since we had any, the fact that we don't see her face and her feet, coupled with how we've seen strange monster tracks nearby, screams "it's a TRAP!" even to me. While we sneak to her stuff we should try to steal a glance at her face and feet if she lifts those out of the water for some reason, as she's either the monster who left the tracks or some idiotic girl with no sense of survival who comes to bathe, alone in the middle of the night, with monsters roaming nearby. In either case the monster could follow our tracks back to our sleeping defenseless companions. Whick would be bad.

-Though she does have a shapely backside... -
-Dammit Nerin, I didn't live to a ripe old age because I was so easily distracted by things like this!
-As I remember you died quite young.
-Like I said, I didn't live to a ripe old age because I was so easily distracted by things like this!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:01:40 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:56 am »

We really don't know who (or what) we're dealing with. There are any number of things that could go wrong if we make ourselves seen. She could be a hostile, or a monster. She might be from a nearby village or encampment and raise an alarm. And taking her stuff would likely draw her attention. Let's look through it, so we get some clues, but not take it.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90