Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177008 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1305 on: June 28, 2014, 07:55:41 pm »

So, what happened? (Sorry if that's a too personal inquiry. Don't feel obliged to answer.) Computer problems? Family? Overall business?
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1306 on: June 28, 2014, 08:17:57 pm »

So, what happened? (Sorry if that's a too personal inquiry. Don't feel obliged to answer.) Computer problems? Family? Overall business?
Well at first I got a new girlfriend which led to me kind of like putting other stuff to the side for a while, we broke up a few weeks later though(short but sweet). Afterwards I had a sudden urge to do some soulsearching(no idea how you'd really explain it in english) which wasn't really related to recent events but rather me being unsure of what I want to do with my life. So two friends and I went out to travel across the world, we were gonna go through europe and asia and then take a ship over to south america, drive up to north america and follow the southern cost line and finally take a flight back to europe. We never got that far 'cause we ended up in some trouble in india during the second month but all in all I have to say that it was one  of the best experiences of my life :D   

But nevermind I'll see if I can find my notes and get the story goin again sometimes soonish :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 28, 2014, 08:21:47 pm »

but all in all I have to say that it was one  of the best experiences of my life :D   
All right, good for you! I'm glad to hear it's not a "My dog took my credit card and ran off with my mother" kind of thing that kept you busy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 28, 2014, 08:24:45 pm »

Sounds like good times. I'm kind of interested in the full story.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 28, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »

In illustrated suggestion game format :)

Welcome back Slowpokez.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 28, 2014, 10:56:42 pm »

Just glad you're alright.

Despite not actually knowing you, I was pretty worried when you disappeared so completely. :P
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 29, 2014, 06:28:53 am »

Igor, fetch me the electrodes.
It's alive! ALIVE!!!  8)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1312 on: June 29, 2014, 03:27:39 pm »

all right xD but even the short version is really long-
(It's written really fast so it's misspelled to such an extent that it's almost incomprehensible)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:29:36 pm by slowpokez »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 29, 2014, 09:05:08 pm »

Haha man your adventures were almost as crazy as Nerins.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 29, 2014, 10:09:58 pm »

Sounds like quite the time. How much money did you set off with?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1315 on: June 30, 2014, 05:36:46 am »

Haha man your adventures were almost as crazy as Nerins.
I did purposly pick out the interesting stuff, did lots of waiting in airports and all the other boring stuff aswell :P
Sounds like quite the time. How much money did you set off with?
bout' 2500€ or so, same for one of my freinds while the other brought a lot more and funded the end of the trip. Like I said we kind of frontloaded the spending quite a bit and I'm convinced that it'd been possible to make the original trip with some better management :P

anyways back on track soon, I'm just haveing some serious trouble deciphering my own notes atm... ::)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »

I thought about answering this one a while back, but I didn't because, well, necromancy.
So, about those tracks. I couldn't tell from the picture, but what do they look like?
The animal seems to have three toes, which narrows it down quite a bit. I've added some contrast and removed some color to make that clearer:
Most animals don't have three toes. Rhynos do, as do Sloths. Then again, at the rate where creatures lose their body parts in DF, this doesn't say much. (Though, I guess this would mean there are a lot less were-creatures to pick from. With their regeneration, there would be but a small chance of it missing toes.)
You could also connect the two toes on the upper left and get a cow-like pawprint, like a minotaur.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:06:09 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1317 on: July 03, 2014, 06:13:41 am »

I thought about answering this one a while back, but I didn't because, well, necromancy.
So, about those tracks. I couldn't tell from the picture, but what do they look like?
The animal seems to have three toes, which narrows it down quite a bit. I've added some contrast and removed some color to make that clearer:
Most animals don't have three toes. Rhynos do, as do Sloths. Then again, at the rate where creatures lose their body parts in DF, this doesn't say much. (Though, I guess this would mean there are a lot less were-creatures to pick from. With their regeneration, there would be but a small chance of it missing toes.)
You could also connect the two toes on the upper left and get a cow-like pawprint, like a minotaur.
This be some CSI shit right there... :o
The reason why it's taking so long is that I've written all my notes in image files instead of a word document like normal person would have done... :-\

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 03, 2014, 06:29:08 am »

The reason why it's taking so long is that I've written all my notes in image files instead of a word document like normal person would have done... :-\
That does sound like a problem.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1319 on: July 06, 2014, 04:36:29 pm »

Guess whos back! ;)
The amount of fucking maps and notes I've been forced to go through...never thought I'd have to study something written by myself :-\

The discussion whether we should approach the unknown woman or simply investigate her things became rather heated and it took quite some time for the voices to settle for a decision. Some were vary of the potential repercussions while others were merely overwrought by the opportunity…
We should go through her stuff and look for clues, no reason to steal anything though as we don’t know who we’re dealing with. And perhaps we should investigate those tracks as well; I can’t tell what they are…
What!? You want to follow the tracks of some random fucking animal when we’ve been presented with such a glorious encounter.
I may be paranoid... I may be very paranoid... but doesn't anyone find this kind of weird? We should check her stuff and then go back to camp and report what we saw.
Oh! We can light up the nearby trees as a distraction! The impending forest fire will be sure to scare our elven comrades away!
Why!?
Uhmm…they seem like shady meddlers to me!

We should be nude when we approach her!!
There are multiple risks associated with such an action. First off she may not be alone. Secondly she might overpower us, as most things seem to… And thirdly it might be a trap anyway.
I got it! Use the rope we have to make one of those tree snare traps right next to the person's belongings. When they come to get their stuff, they get hoisted up into a tree and dangle there until someone rescues them.
We must be naked even if going through her belongings!  And let's stack her belongings in alphabetical order then write this in the dirt next to it something like-

Be more orderly or bad things will happen.
Love, The Vengeful Spirit of the Woods…

In the end no proper solution was reached so a compromise was decided upon, where we’d attempt to fulfill as many suggestions as possible (OOC, I had multiple updates finsished due to drastic changes in the votes :P)
First off I made my way over to the spot where I had spotted her belongings earlier; I did so in as quietly as dwarvenly possible while staying out of sight. The ground was littered with clothes, seemingly quite well worn so it’d be safe to assume that the woman’s a traveler of sort. Amongst them was also a bag, presumably used for miscellaneous items as it shared the same signs of frequent use with the clothes.
After going through the clothes I found nothing of note as her pockets were empty except an emblem, an emblem which if I recall correctly was used by the family of Mui, indicating that she’s somehow employed by the state of Capitol. This does however not mean much as she could be anything from a diplomat to a secretary.
The bag on the other hand held a few surprises, a dagger made from copper or bronze, a metal flask with the mark of Capitol, some overcooked meat seasoned with an unknown spice, some eatable herbs which hold a very low nutritional value but keeps you full (commonly used by people traveling longer distances), 20 or so coins, a sealed off document with the sigil of Mui as well as a lot of random stuff like house keys, hair pins and string. There were also some horse related things which indicates that she might have a horse somewhere nearby, I might’ve gotten more in touch with nature during my time in Seraté but just the sheer size of horses still frightened me a bit…
I don’t really know what to make of it all except for the fact that she’s defiantly on traveling foot and has been for quite a while. But the voices left me no time to ponder on such trivial matters; I was to set up a snare trap of some kind. Something which I had never done before and had very little knowledge of… Some of the voices knew however and with their guidance I somehow managed to produce something looking like a proper snare trap. 
I even signed it with a warning from the vengeful spirit of the woods due to a request from Gili…
However, I was now moving on to the most intricate part of the plan; I was supposed to make contact with this unknown human…and to make matters worse do it naked. But as always there was no point in arguing once the voices had decided upon something, I guess I might as well pretend I’m there to bathe myself…
I had no idea really how I’d approach this situation without it ending horrendously, so I did whatever I could not to scare the life out of this poor lady. Which in this situation surprisingly enough meant that I’d be attempting to strike a casual conversation with a stranger while disrobing… never thought I’d hear myself utter that sentence…
-Uhmm…how’s the water…

(The story took an unnecessarily nsfw turn at this point…contents of spoiler is only for the bravelewd)
But as all good things it soon came to an end when I spot an undesirable sight showed itself just over the shoulder of my recently acquired acquaintance. 
-In the name of the Sun! What…!?
-Ohhh…
-Ahhhhh!
-Courtlounger this is….is highly unsuitable behavior for someone of your stature! And don’t forget that you’re under parole!
-Don’t worry I know this guy!
-It’s a friggin’ elf!
-Nerin, provide an explanation immediately!
-Calm down both of you…we’ll…we’ll sort this out…
-What’s going on!
-You’ve just compromised our entire mission!
-No no…uhmm…she’s okay!
-She could be a Spy you imbecile!
-She knows nothing!
-We can’t be sure about that…she must die here!
-Aww hell naw! I’m outta ‘ere!
She sprints away in the direction of her belongings…
At the same time I manage to blind body guard with my manhood.   
-Oh for the love of Tyraltin put on some pants dwarf!
Now I was put up before a difficult choice…should I leave with the Becca or the elf…
I can’t just leave my mission put at the same time I wouldn’t want the elves to kill off the girl due to my mistake.
The voices reactions varied…some said we should leave these long-eared tree-huggers for this clearly superior traveling companion while others meant that she’d be an unfortunate but necessary sacrifice on the road to meet the rumored necromancer. 
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90