Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 175676 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1320 on: July 06, 2014, 05:32:59 pm »

I like killing humans as much as the next guy, but I don't fancy chasing one about the woods. We might attract predators or worse.

We could try telling the elf that she'll alert her bodyguard (Chester 'the horse'), which is why we went along with the insanity he just saw. Tell him that we need to alert the camp quickly.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 06, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »

We've got a good thing going for now. Venture on with our current companions to the necromancer...

Well actually I would like to see if the snare caught... anything... first but yeah after that, lets just move on.

Not a priority but it would be entertaining to fit in if there's time. The elf can even come with us.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 06, 2014, 08:47:36 pm »

We have an excuse at the ready: we were about to bathe but we happened upon this human doing the same, much to our surprise.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 07, 2014, 12:33:42 am »

She went running towards her clothes right into the snare trap, we just have to convince the elf that we have the situation under control and that she'll be our prisioner

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 07, 2014, 03:21:59 pm »

She went running towards her clothes right into the snare trap, we just have to convince the elf that we have the situation under control and that she'll be our prisioner
Except if the trap fails to work, we'll be blamed for letting her get away.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1325 on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »

Guess we're goin' for adf's plan, does this mean following the elf in case of a potential chase or do you wish to leave him to his own devices?  ???
Becca's belongings are actually quite a bit away from your current position (approximately 50m away)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 17, 2014, 06:03:54 am »

I didn't fancy hunting down the human, myself, due to the dangers involved. Then again, joining the elf did finish in second place.

Edit:
It goes without saying that leaving would be paired with the excuse of warning the camp about Chester.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:39:15 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1327 on: July 17, 2014, 08:35:47 pm »

Ah fuck, this was quite a blunder…uhmm how should we proceed from here…?
Should…should we run!?
Nah the situation is still salvageable…for now…
Oh no I just realized! She might get caught in the trap…
No…that might actually work in our favor! I’ll just feign innocence and tell the elf that she'll alert her bodyguard (Chester 'the horse'), which is why we went along with the insanity he just saw!
This was obviously not a hostage situation!
You’re just gonna let her die!?
I think she’s beyond saving now…and she might prove a necessary scape goat.
But it’s our fault she…she got involved in this!
I say we leave it up to fate and pursue our own goals, sweet, sweet necromancy *a harsh giggling*
We even laid a freaking trap for her to get caught in!
Aww life’s never fair, don’t worry Nerin.
But…but…
May I work my magic?
*A sort of unanimous but hesitant agreement*

-Oh thank the Sun she’s gone…phew…
-What are you on about now dwarf!?
-Listen very carefully! That woman has a bodyguard named Chester nearby, she’s probably contacting him right now, she held me hostage here for hours!
-What was she after!? Information!? *As he says it he’s obviously unconvinced by your story but at least concerned enough to hear you out*
-Uhmm…no…She was just after my enticing dwarven body!
-Uggh…*he chokes on his words looking flabbergasted*
-Don’t worry my friend! For I have laid a trap in her path, a good 50 urists down that way! It should slow her down if nothing else.
He just looks at you quite chocked…then he starts running after her.
-Happy huntin’ my friend! I’ll warn the others of Chester’s presence!
He doesn’t even turn around to acknowledge your comment, seemingly completely focused on his task.
Man you should maybe tone down the Gili a bit Gili…
What? That went excellently!
Nerin would never call that guy “my friend” though…
Ah details…pfff
Do…do you think he’ll kill her?
Don’t think about that Nerin, we’ve got more pressing matters on our hands here! We’re not really out of the blue yet, some of these other elves will need some convincing as well.
Oh…okay…
Fix ya beard and get back in those robes quickly!

I rush back to the camp and as I arrive they’re all up looking slightly agitated. I explain the situation to them and they immediately prepare for battle, the ranger takes a few steps into the forest and suddenly disappears from my vision. His presence completely erased. Meanwhile the priest takes a proud stance and stands there motionless, perhaps awaiting a signal? The last disciple chose to take a defensive stance at the back of the camp, looking back and forth shiftily. I was not expecting the bodyguard to be back so soon but just a few Urists later he came walking down to the camp with a huge frown. I attempt and interpret it but can’t really reach any conclusion.
-Did…did you get her?
-He holds up her bag and nods slowly…
-That’s great!
-And the other one?
-Huh? Oh you mean Chester!
-Chester’s a horse.
-What?!
-Uhh…what!?
-…
-You must be mistaken!
-I asked her as she got caught in your trap.
-Oh that actually worked!
-What’s the intent of your actions!? I fail to find any resemblance of continuity in them!
-Uhmm…well I didn’t know that Chester was a…horse…
-I can’t tell whether you’re planning something or if you’re just stupid…
I think it’d be best to play the fool here…
-Oh let me assure you that I’m quite stupid!
Perhaps not to that extent…
-Dear Tyraltin give me the strength to deal with this dwarf…
-So do we go back to bed or do we start off the day early…
-If I didn’t despise the freakin’ dwarf before I sure do now…
They all give you disapproving looks as you pack up and the body guard makes it clear that you can no longer leave his presence. But at least you appear to be out of harm’s way…
The trip continuous on uneventfully and there’s not too much idle chatter either, actually the only one speaking to me is the ranger either leaving snarky remarks aimed at my intellect or from his point of view-lack thereof or a general threat. I guess things had suddenly turned quite hostile…but then again they didn’t seem to like me from the start.

The closer we got to Blackheart grounds the darker the forest appeared to get, flowers and bird song was soon replaced by mushrooms and the squeaking of rodents. I even think I heard a troll growl in the distance…This was perhaps not especially strange to dwarf but after a few years in the lush wilderness of Seraté I’d gotten used to more pleasant scenery. Yet it did not live up to any of the legends I’d heard…however there was still at least another two weeks left until we’d reach the fathomed spire…

It all went fairly smoothly until we reached The yearning stream, a deceptively dangerous river with a calm surface but strong currents deep below. The priest knew of a hang bridge nearby but as we reached the location we found out that it had broken down. Some remains were still intact but all in all it seemed unusable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We concluded that not all of us would be capable of climbing over and that none of us were too keen on attempting to best the rumored stream by swimming across. Jokingly the ranger patted you on the back and told you to use your “dwarven ingenuity“ to get them across before returning to the other in some kind of scheme to “borrow” a boat from a ferryman further down the river. Their plan would delay you even further and bring unwanted attention to your group but the broken bridge was an unforeseen hindrance.

So got any plans? Or ya’ll just goin’ with the flow?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:46 pm »

Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. Make it clear that you're not suggesting cutting down a tree.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1329 on: July 17, 2014, 08:45:22 pm »

Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. Make it clear that you're not suggesting cutting down a tree.
Man you're fast :o I haven't even spell checked or put up a poll yet :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 18, 2014, 04:31:42 am »

Flirt (or pay, I suppose) the ferryman into bringing us across, then tie the rope to a something high up on the other side of the bridge. The elves can proceed to climb their way across, and the ferryman won't notice them.

Edit:We could add a second rope for easier climbing. We just need to tie it to something at one side of the bridge and a small rock. Once we're on the other side, we have the elves throw it across, so we can tie it on something else.

Edit2: Maybe we could throw someone across and bypass the ferryman altogether?

Edit3: We could pretend we're a variation on the wolf goat cabage scenario.(Perhaps two seperate iterations if we find something cabage-like for the second group?) Ferrymen have to deal with this so often that he'll hardly notice the presence of elves.

Edit4: Get Nerin across, pretend to be a fisherdwarf and hit the ferryman with a hook on accident. The elves can ferry across while we argue with him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:03:13 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1331 on: July 18, 2014, 08:51:05 am »

Flirt (or pay, I suppose) the ferryman into bringing us across, then tie the rope to a something high up on the other side of the bridge. The elves can proceed to climb their way across, and the ferryman won't notice them.
Oh, I forgot to mention that this rumored ferryman is quite far away(days worth of travel)
Edit:We could add a second rope for easier climbing. We just need to tie it to something at one side of the bridge and a small rock. Once we're on the other side, we have the elves throw it across, so we can tie it on something else.
Create a makeshift bridge? So you'd be sending over one of the elves to fasten it on the opposite riverbank?
Edit2: Maybe we could throw someone across and bypass the ferryman altogether?
While the bodyguard and the ranger(have I named these guys?) could probably get a across and there's a chance you could potentially be thrown over, it'd still leave 2 elves on the wrong side...
Edit3: We could pretend we're a variation on the wolf goat cabage scenario.(Perhaps two seperate iterations if we find something cabage-like for the second group?) Ferrymen have to deal with this so often that he'll hardly notice the presence of elves.
Can't say that I'm familliar with the..."wolf-goat cabbage scenario"
Edit4: Get Nerin across, pretend to be a fisherdwarf and hit the ferryman with a hook on accident. The elves can ferry across while we argue with him.
While feasible the same problem regarding the ferryman's locations remains.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 18, 2014, 09:46:49 am »

While the bodyguard and the ranger(have I named these guys?) could probably get a across and there's a chance you could potentially be thrown over, it'd still leave 2 elves on the wrong side...
This was a way I suggested to get someone to attach the rope on the other side of the river without using the ferry. If two elves could get across, though, that leaves us with more options.

We could bind the middle of the rope to someone's waist, then have the two elves move across the river. Two people on each side span the rope, and the rope is slowly released by one side and pulled by the other. As the other side becomes more crowded, the mobile elves move back to compensate. When only they remain there, they move back over the river

Can't say that I'm familliar with the..."wolf-goat cabbage scenario"
You have a goat, a wolf, and a cabbage, and you need to cross the river. The wolf eats the goat if left alone with it, the same goes for the goat and cabbage. You can't take them all on the ferry at once. It's one of the standard, generic puzzles.(Like the one with the guy who tells the truth and the one who tells lies.)

Edit:
The rope thing would, of course involve practice above land before moving onto the river.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:25:19 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 08, 2014, 12:51:49 am »

Create a makeshift bridge? So you'd be sending over one of the elves to fasten it on the opposite riverbank?

I think a makeshift bridge sounds fine....

Also, NEVER THROW A DWARF! Gimli disapproves....  >:(

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 27, 2014, 02:17:55 am »

Does this have a tropes page yet?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90