Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DFHack plugin: Autobutcher with GUI / additional zone GUI filters  (Read 44469 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Download: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7517

Installation:
First of all you need dfhack 34.11.r3 since this is an updated version of the zone plugin plus some new stuff. Extract the archive somewhere, then copy the folder "hack" into your DF folder. Or copy the files manually, see installation.txt for details. Currently this is only for Windows as I can't build Linux or Mac versions. You will also need to add a new keybinding to your dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Shift-B@pet/List/Unit "gui/autobutcher"

Assignment filters:

When assigning creatures to pens/pastures, pits and cages you can filter out certain conditions. In additions to the filters Falconne added it's now possible to filter for caged, male and female. Caged will only show creatures which are in non-built cages to make it easier to assign those animals you bought from a caravan or those goblins you just caught in cage traps to their new home without listing all those which are already in zoos or built in bedrooms etc. Male/female helps with stuffing males into cages (they are mostly useless and spread their spores even if caged) and pasturing only females in case you want to get some breeding going (caged females don't get pregnant anymore).

Autobutcher GUI:

Autobutcher helps with managing livestock in your fortress. Basically you set target quotas for races and genders (seperate ones for kids and adults) and when the plugin is running it will periodically check your stock and try to flag animals which exceed that quota for butchering. For more details check the documentation here: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack#autobutcher

Readme for the GUI:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:29:23 am by robertheinrich »

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack plugin: Autobutcher with GUI / additional zone GUI filters
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:54:27 am »

This is magnificent!

turabeasel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:28:11 am »

I could try compiling it on OSX, if you'd like.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:40:26 am »

I could try compiling it on OSX, if you'd like.

That would be nice. Gimme a sec and I'll push the newest version to my fork (gotta tidy up a bit and remove some silly comments; I have the bad habit of writing more comments than really necessary), then place a link to it here.

Edit: alright, here's the link: https://github.com/rh73/dfhack/commits/master
If you already have a dfhack dev version on your system and don't feel like pulling the whole fork take a look at the last couple of commits (since the latest merge with peterix' master version done on March 27, 2013).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:23:29 am by robertheinrich »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:02:09 pm »

I have been asked to include this in my mod pack, and would very much like to do so. Would it be ok if I bundle it directly into MasterworkDF, together with dfhack r3 and  falconnes/putnams plugins?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:44:05 pm »

Oh wow. This is some great functionality. Thank you.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:54:41 pm »

Would it be ok if I bundle it directly into MasterworkDF, together with dfhack r3 and  falconnes/putnams plugins?
Yes of course, feel free to use it. Keep in mind that this version of the zone.plug.dll is newer than falconne's and it's necessary to use this version since it contains a handful of lua api functions which are called by the UI script.

Also generally, if you think something should be changed or improved, feel free to point it out.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »

Keep in mind that this version of the zone.plug.dll is newer than falconne's and it's necessary to use this version since it contains a handful of lua api functions which are called by the UI script.

I'll pull your changes into my fork before I do another plugin release, so there's no confusion.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »

Whoops. I found a little conflict when trying to toggle a pit to a pond. The hotkey in the DF UI for that is 'f'. So I changed the hotkeys for the filters DFHack adds (except for search) to upper case:
G - grazer
C - caged
P - pastured
M - male
F - female

(It would have been silly to only change female to F and I didn't want to remove it completely from pit assignments because I think being able to pit only male creatures is useful for getting rid of an "overproduction" when breeding certain races which produce enormous offspring if you let them, for example turkeys, and your butchers already have enough to handle.) Updated version of the archive can be downloaded from the link in the first post.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 03:02:10 am »

Keep in mind that this version of the zone.plug.dll is newer than falconne's and it's necessary to use this version since it contains a handful of lua api functions which are called by the UI script.

I'll pull your changes into my fork before I do another plugin release, so there's no confusion.

Does that mean there is or isn't an issue currently if i want to try this plugin? will it's zone.plug.dll cause issues with Falconne's plugins?
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 03:26:49 am »

Does that mean there is or isn't an issue currently if i want to try this plugin? will it's zone.plug.dll cause issues with Falconne's plugins?
No, there won't be any issues. It's only that currently there are 3 versions of zone.plug.dll floating around. The one distributed with the full dfhack 34.11.r3 release which I wrote last year (it contains autobutcher, autonestbox and a bunch of zone commands, but no GUI). Then Falconne's version where he added GUI filters for grazers and non-pastured animals and searching for strings to the pen/pasture and pit menu of the DF UI. I took this one and added some more filters and a GUI for autobutcher on top of it. So right now (until Peterix merges all our stuff into dfhack r4 when he has the time for it) my version is the newest and Falconne's other plugins are not affected at all, they will still work fine if you replace the zone.plug.dll.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:32:55 am by robertheinrich »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 04:21:45 am »

No, there won't be any issues. It's only that currently there are 3 versions of zone.plug.dll floating around. The one distributed with the full dfhack 34.11.r3 release which I wrote last year (it contains autobutcher, autonestbox and a bunch of zone commands, but no GUI). Then Falconne's version where he added GUI filters for grazers and non-pastured animals and searching for strings to the pen/pasture and pit menu of the DF UI. I took this one and added some more filters and a GUI for autobutcher on top of it. So right now (until Peterix merges all our stuff into dfhack r4 when he has the time for it) my version is the newest and Falconne's other plugins are not affected at all, they will still work fine if you replace the zone.plug.dll.

Thanks for the info!
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »

will this let to pasture animals by type / race / age as for auto butcher (like keep 5 female dog and 2 male dog in this zone, instead of this dog that dog and that one too) ?
if it would it would make an excelent synergie with autobutcher and autonest i think as you would not anymore make an impact on animals even without modding them.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 12:33:24 pm »

This is totally awesome.  Does this butcher the oldest animals first?  I'd hate to limit to 2 males for breeding purposes only to have the youngest slaughtered and the eldest die of old age just after my butcher got done.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 03:08:04 am »

This is totally awesome.  Does this butcher the oldest animals first?  I'd hate to limit to 2 males for breeding purposes only to have the youngest slaughtered and the eldest die of old age just after my butcher got done.

Sorry for the late answer, I'm preoccupied with other stuff. Yeah as far as I recall the logic it butchers the oldest adults and the youngest children (this is to allow kids to mature and become fertile yet prevent overpopulation with races who have lots of kids).
Pages: [1] 2