Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 256865 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nitro378

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2016, 09:15:58 am »

Hey guys, what's the latest build? I still get a hankering to play every now and then.

Oh, sorry, didn't see the other topics, never mind then.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:18:40 am by Nitro378 »

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2016, 07:13:36 pm »

This game is pretty cool :)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2016, 12:30:32 am »

I had a thought while going through my piles of research papers and Judicial corruption evidence. If I publish this huge pile of dirt, they hate me. If I sell it to a public pawnshop, not only is it valuable, but they don't hate me and it somehow doesn't get out.

I can't help but feel like that could do with some revamping.

I just can't see pawnshops rolling out the carts of dosh for dirty laundry. I also really can't see that laundry staying private after the pawnshop owner spends weeks trying to sell the worthless stacks of paper. Anyway, I think there should be two new ways of dealing with the special files. One, handing it in to another liberal newspaper, which decreases both the impact and the backlash from the conservatives, while netting a small finder's fee, and the other ransoming it back to the owners. Imagine selling the tax files to the CEO for a huge pile of money, and some hate if you don't hide your tracks. I imagine it as a hugely high-risk, high-pay endeavor with a chance of mercenaries, cops, or what-have-you breaking up the deal, and the option of you being the one to break faith and gun down the other negotiators... in the middle of the park, creating a publicity nightmare.

Admittedly I'm more interested in the second option, and I'm starting to doubt the use of the first. The Guardian is probably better for most purposes. But yeah, I feel like ransoms would fit the feel of the game and could probably extend to kidnapped prominent conservatives. Just in case you needed even more ungodly amounts of money, or maybe even prisoner exchanges.

tl;dr: Ransoming special files and prominent conservatives for money or Liberal prisoners.

What do you think, coders et al? Can it be done? Should it be done?

This isn't really a response to the person above; it's directed towards the reader.

The pawnshop can be thought of as a go-between for the crooked judges, corporations, etc..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

drksa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 30, 2017, 02:07:43 pm »

yo no one report the bug where the game randomly fuckin crashes after elections lol gdam that freakin sucks man. slike u get too many of one kind and the game breaks or something??? dam dude frickin shitty uk but rly game gud shit tho 8D

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2017, 12:17:15 am »

Is there a Liberal Crime Squad subreddit or Discord server out there yet?

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:07 pm »

/r/LiberalCrimeSquad is exceptionally inactive (12 posts in 2 years), but does have respondents to legitimate inquiries.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2017, 11:44:05 pm »

Yeah even if they do exist I wouldn't imagine they'd be much more active than the Curses subforum as is, sad it is to say but it's not nearly as active as it used to be when J. Fox was still actively on the forums.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 10, 2017, 12:49:19 am »

I imagine with the Conservatives back in the White House, that activity will pick up somewhat on these forums.  Hell, that's why I'm here (although, frankly, the head honcho is better although the backup is far worse).

FYI, 4.07.0 is outdated (although still quite playable)

This is the current version, from what I can tell

I had a thought while going through my piles of research papers and Judicial corruption evidence. If I publish this huge pile of dirt, they hate me. If I sell it to a public pawnshop, not only is it valuable, but they don't hate me and it somehow doesn't get out.

I can't help but feel like that could do with some revamping.

I just can't see pawnshops rolling out the carts of dosh for dirty laundry. I also really can't see that laundry staying private after the pawnshop owner spends weeks trying to sell the worthless stacks of paper. Anyway, I think there should be two new ways of dealing with the special files. One, handing it in to another liberal newspaper, which decreases both the impact and the backlash from the conservatives, while netting a small finder's fee, and the other ransoming it back to the owners. Imagine selling the tax files to the CEO for a huge pile of money, and some hate if you don't hide your tracks. I imagine it as a hugely high-risk, high-pay endeavor with a chance of mercenaries, cops, or what-have-you breaking up the deal, and the option of you being the one to break faith and gun down the other negotiators... in the middle of the park, creating a publicity nightmare.

Admittedly I'm more interested in the second option, and I'm starting to doubt the use of the first. The Guardian is probably better for most purposes. But yeah, I feel like ransoms would fit the feel of the game and could probably extend to kidnapped prominent conservatives. Just in case you needed even more ungodly amounts of money, or maybe even prisoner exchanges.

tl;dr: Ransoming special files and prominent conservatives for money or Liberal prisoners.

What do you think, coders et al? Can it be done? Should it be done?

This isn't really a response to the person above; it's directed towards the reader.

The pawnshop can be thought of as a go-between for the crooked judges, corporations, etc..

In response to the first, I think handing off those docs to Mainstream Liberal Media for a small tip fee, or just breaking into one of their reporter's cars and leaving the files, makes a ton of sense.  I imagine its impact would be limited by the status of Free Speech and the applicable law.  Note: I can't code crap, I just like discussing ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]