Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352265 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6975 on: July 14, 2014, 11:59:35 am »

I bet if PW does make a "Limbo" thread, some people will be dying to get in it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: July 14, 2014, 12:01:44 pm »

I bet if PW does make a "Limbo" thread, some people will be dying to get in it.

...Oh wow, I think that one actually caused me physical pain.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: July 14, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »

*rimshot*
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: July 14, 2014, 12:39:00 pm »

The Limbo thing actually sounds pretty cool.

And I would punch you for that pun if I was near you.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: July 14, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »

The funny part is that I meant people would actually try to die to be in Limbo for a while.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: July 14, 2014, 12:48:30 pm »

@Radio

@Everyone else
Hey, why punch him?  That was pretty good.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: July 14, 2014, 04:12:38 pm »

((My general idea for those videos is that I think we can divide them into four categories:

1) Propaganda: why they should rebel, why the UWM sucks balls, why joining ARM is a great idea, ...

2) Technical know-how: how to clean a gauss rifle, where are the weakpoints on a Mk.III, how to open a battlesuit using the emergence release hatch, ...

3) Tactics: how to stage an ambush, how to clear a room, how to give a rousing speech to rally the populace, ...

4) Strategy: how to maintain supply lines and morale, when to stage that ambush, general rules of (guerrila) warfare (e.g. keep the populace on your side), ...

I could certainly do all four, but I'd like to get other people involved so they can have fun as well. Speech-oriented characters could handle 1. The second will probably be mostly done through actions using VR (unless PW wants to describe every item in detail to us). The third and fourth would go towards those that want it, though I'll probably give some of it to Hasala as training (if Swordsmith wants to). Of course, we'd still keep things general, and not type out every little detail.

Any thoughts on this?

@ syv:

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: July 14, 2014, 05:39:01 pm »

I'm just gonna drop the spoilers, because at this point there's barely anything there.

Yes, I agree with you on all counts for the sod composition.

As far as the wiki cleaning: I might do that, I might not.  I'm pretty busy right now.  When I mentioned a duty, I meant more keeping track of sods across missions- I might reformat the mission pages for readability every now and then, but I'm not maintaining them turn to turn.

As far as the last spoiler: I find your overall response interesting.  You're a good person, Radio.

I don't particularly want to talk about my problems, but I don't mind doing so if you're curious.  They're not particularly secret. :P

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:23 pm »

Piecewise, after a bit of arguing among the denizens of the DJ room, a question has arisen. Dodging in a battlesuit, Aux or Dex? The reason I ask was that I was thinking of integrating a braincase directly to a battlesuit, and piloting it that way.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: July 14, 2014, 05:53:56 pm »

I'm just gonna drop the spoilers, because at this point there's barely anything there.

Yes, I agree with you on all counts for the sod composition.

As far as the wiki cleaning: I might do that, I might not.  I'm pretty busy right now.  When I mentioned a duty, I meant more keeping track of sods across missions- I might reformat the mission pages for readability every now and then, but I'm not maintaining them turn to turn.

As far as the last spoiler: I find your overall response interesting.  You're a good person, Radio.

I don't particularly want to talk about my problems, but I don't mind doing so if you're curious.  They're not particularly secret. :P

Good vibes man.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6985 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:28 pm »

Piecewise, after a bit of arguing among the denizens of the DJ room, a question has arisen. Dodging in a battlesuit, Aux or Dex? The reason I ask was that I was thinking of integrating a braincase directly to a battlesuit, and piloting it that way.
It depends on what you're trying to do. Using the rockets uses aux, just moving around uses dex. Or at least that's my experience from flying out of the way of a plasma beam. Granted, I was using jump rocket pods at the time, but I assume it's the same principle. Radio might remember better, his character was in Gilgamesh for longer.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: July 14, 2014, 09:08:39 pm »

The argument was with Radio. Anyway, PW stopped by the room and cleared it up. If you're using extra equipment like the rocket pack, it's aux, and if you just decide to dive headfirst into cover, it's dex.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: July 15, 2014, 02:50:18 am »

Oh hey a Xenonauts game!

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE

Get me Xan who uses only the finest unstable experimental/alien weapons and such.
Failing that, some sort of shotgun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: July 15, 2014, 02:59:59 am »

Oh hey a Xenonauts game!

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE

Get me Xan who uses only the finest unstable experimental/alien weapons and such.
Failing that, some sort of shotgun.
You could probably start unarmed, and pick up a gun off the first alien the team kills.

That actually works btw, but the accuracy suffers, and I'm not sure if it can be done before the weapon in question is researched.

Also, helpful tip.

People delegated to the role of "heavy weapons guy" normally have a whole lot of TUs built up as they level, because firing the heavy machinegun/burst laser/what-have-you takes a good 75% of their TUs and they still have to move. This makes the heavy weapons guy an... oddly effective choice as a last-resort assault. Because the melee attacks deal guaranteed damage and only take 10 TUs per hit, when firing the weapon may take 60 TUs and do collateral damage or suppress your own people.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:04:25 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6989 on: July 15, 2014, 04:29:30 am »

So what you're basically saying is that rather than shooting, it might be more effective to charge at them and beat them to death with Heavy Machineguns?
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 2205