Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 207972 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:07 am »

Lyra, Team G

Travel with Faith ((to bunker 3 I think?)), Continue to be ready to use my amp if needed, If we come under fire while moving then shield us both, otherwise just sit on that dynamic bonus I readied up 2 turns ago.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:25:57 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2014, 11:25:10 am »

Pancaek - Team B - bunker 4

"Allright guys, stay low and look for hostiles. Engage if you can get a clear view on them. We can't start letting down our defences now."

SHuffle around the bunker, looking around with the fingercam while staying in cover. If I can see enemies (double check to make sure they're enemies) at a reasonable range, so that I wouldn't get a penalty, heat one foot spheres 100 degrees in their center mass, attacking the more powerful targets first. If no enemies are in range, charge an exo bonus.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:19 am »

Jim, Team G

"...Leave the battlesuit to me. Wait until I've made my move before you make yours."

Jim focuses on the enemy battlesuit and attempts to heat the inside of it to about 3000 degrees Fahrenheit.

(Apparently that's how hot crematoriums are, so... screw that sod. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2014, 11:48:22 am »

Waiting for radio to tell me what I got wrong. Because apparently I got something wrong.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »

Waiting for radio to tell me what I got wrong. Because apparently I got something wrong.
Sorry for holding up the game guys. pm Send, gonna do Miya's action real quick now.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, shooting sods.

Miya will advance towards the flying sods and use his cameyes to get an accurate count on their number and their equipment. Then, he uses his manip to heat up the fuel reserves of the jetpack of a few of them so it detonates, hopefully spraying near ones with shrapnel.

The snipers at bunker 1 shoot at the fliers, use special ammo if needed.
Second sniper squad stays with Lyra and Faith.
Regular Sods with team C shoot at the fliers that slip through.
One heavy artillery gun fires at the group of soldiers advancing from the west, the ones heading for the ground between bunkers 5 and 6.
Two of the mobile artillery fire at the sods that were going towards team F and are now going to the shipyard, but not if they are so close already that they would hit our ships.
Two mobile artillery move to support team C, let them use airburst rounds to help take out the fliers. Or let them detonate their (shrapnel)rounds mid-air to take them out in a wide area.
Final two mobile artillery fire at the sods advancing from the west, or at least move into position for that.
One Steve bot will engage the sods that were going towards team F (you already told me a Steve bot would defend the battery, but it's to help you not forget).

Not using ships yet until I know whether they are remote-controlled or not.

"Team E, engage the enemy coming in your general direction, but don't leave your bunker unguarded. Work it out amongst yourselves, but there is artillery support incoming so be advised."

"Team G, send some extra people towards where bunker 2 used to be. It probably got destroyed, so I'm not sure how many are left. Gonna have mobile artillery provide support so 3 or 4 people should be able to handle it."

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:42:55 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2014, 12:46:59 pm »

"...Leave the battlesuit to me. Wait until I've made my move before you make yours."
"Affirmative."

Wait for Jim to engage the enemy, then pop out of cover and start light(n)ing up the sods.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »

"Team G, send some extra people towards where bunker 2 used to be. It probably got destroyed, so I'm not sure how many are left. Gonna have mobile artillery provide support so 3 or 4 people should be able to handle it."

"Yeah, I know. Hands full at the moment."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »

"Yeah, I know. Hands full at the moment."

((I'm not sure whether other team leaders also get the same intell Miya is getting, so that was more for making sure Milno had the IC knowledge than Miya giving an actual order (since ha was pretty much already doing what Miya wanted anyway).

Now, PW told me in pm that sniper squad 2 is still alive, the sods that got killed in bunker 2 were other ones. Also, the sods attacking bunker 2 were the same ones coming from the east, and they all died taking out bunker 2. Still best to send some people over there to ensure we have some eyes there, but there's not as much hurry now.)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2014, 02:22:23 pm »

((I sent my message to Miyamoto and all of team G.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2014, 02:31:36 pm »

((I sent my message to Miyamoto and all of team G.))
((Darn, forgot to reply to that.))

We have been hit by an artillery shell from one of our own cannons. Morul has been killed, as far as I can tell. I don't know if its permanent or not. A few sods got offed, but most of us survived. I'll take control of team F in the meantime.

"Confirmed. Gonna send help to dig them out asap, but we need to deal with the still incoming troops first. Reform your squad and exit the tunnels at the laser battery or bunker 4, then re-engage that enemy squad. You should have a Steve bot to give backup."

Map updated with more accurate intell:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:34:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »

Acknowledged.

Action edited - bunker 4 instead of bunker 3.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »

TEAM A
((PW i sent you that PM))
TEAM A
ready for the enemy behind cover prepare whatever weapon I have available
And I sent one back...or at least I thought I did...

We'll say you have a loaner exoskeleton so you can use it.

TEAM B

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Southern bunker

((I need an AUX roll just to disable the HUD?  If I'd known that I wouldn't have tried.  Sigh.))

If PW is willing to let me have a dynamic bonus from last turn because of that misunderstanding, fix the HUD.  If I don't have a dynamic bonus, then charge one instead.

I'll be nice and just say you fixed it. Why not.

Jack Catar-Team B
Follow Pancaek's orders.  If Pancaek gives no orders figure out how to properly aim my weapon to shoot out of the bunker, to build a Con dynamic bonus.

Pancaek is shuffling about, so you work on exactly how you're supposed to shoot out of a bunker. Probably by shooting out of a bunker. Through that slit in the front, no doubt.

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"He told me, I see you rise~...
But... it always falls,~
I see you come, I see you go...~

He says, 'all things pass... into the night'...~"

Check if my suit has all those HUD troubles as well, being an ancient relic that probably isn't running the same operating system as the one the rest have got. Check for differences between this and the MKI suit. Stay in cover!

Yours doesn't have a hud. Or anything really. It's basically identical to modern day suits; you've got gauges and such for your air tanks and other readings but it's basically just a big, temperature controlled, airtight, rather tough suit.

Pancaek - Team B - bunker 4

"Allright guys, stay low and look for hostiles. Engage if you can get a clear view on them. We can't start letting down our defences now."

SHuffle around the bunker, looking around with the fingercam while staying in cover. If I can see enemies (double check to make sure they're enemies) at a reasonable range, so that I wouldn't get a penalty, heat one foot spheres 100 degrees in their center mass, attacking the more powerful targets first. If no enemies are in range, charge an exo bonus.
Well, you can still see some enemies but the distance is too great to attack accurately without penalties. Don't worry about it though, They're probably not gonna be alive much longer.

Exo bonus charging.

TEAM C

Goddammit, I forgot the team again.

Team C

Keep shooting.

The small child fires randomly into the sky in an attempt to maybe hit something.

Team C, Support

Stay in cover and dust while Miyamoto draws fire, get ready to bake some fliers. Aim for 1-foot spheres centered on the upper torso.

Gonna get a negative to this since they're fast and high up, but here we go.

Sorry for holding up the game guys. pm Send, gonna do Miya's action real quick now.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, shooting sods.

Miya will advance towards the flying sods and use his cameyes to get an accurate count on their number and their equipment. Then, he uses his manip to heat up the fuel reserves of the jetpack of a few of them so it detonates, hopefully spraying near ones with shrapnel.

The snipers at bunker 1 shoot at the fliers, use special ammo if needed.
Second sniper squad stays with Lyra and Faith.
Regular Sods with team C shoot at the fliers that slip through.
One heavy artillery gun fires at the group of soldiers advancing from the west, the ones heading for the ground between bunkers 5 and 6.
Two of the mobile artillery fire at the sods that were going towards team F and are now going to the shipyard, but not if they are so close already that they would hit our ships.
Two mobile artillery move to support team C, let them use airburst rounds to help take out the fliers. Or let them detonate their (shrapnel)rounds mid-air to take them out in a wide area.
Final two mobile artillery fire at the sods advancing from the west, or at least move into position for that.
One Steve bot will engage the sods that were going towards team F (you already told me a Steve bot would defend the battery, but it's to help you not forget).

Not using ships yet until I know whether they are remote-controlled or not.

"Team E, engage the enemy coming in your general direction, but don't leave your bunker unguarded. Work it out amongst yourselves, but there is artillery support incoming so be advised."

Dozen or more of them, moving through the low clouds and smoke. Hard to get a precise number, even with cam-eyes tracking their heat signature, but you'd say 15 of them or so.

Snipers shooting
Snipers staying
More shooting
Shell out, traveling down range. Impact next turn.
Those Are reloading. But they can fire next turn.
[3] [4]
[3] [2]

Lets see
Grate:5
skylar: 1 oh god.
miya: decomped to 5
Sniper sods: Bad
Normal sods:good

Ok so the team, as a whole does pretty well. Kills all but maybe 2-3 of the fliers as they pass overhead, moving for the laser battery. However, the thing to notice is that Skylar appears to have fucked up a manipulator attempt and has summoned a basketball sized ball of pure white heat that is currently hovering a few feet in front of the bunker. And it's throbbing in a rather frightening manner.

TEAM D

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Scrapyard

When the composition and activity of the UWM Sods come into view, Felix swears. "Okay, I'll deal with the battlesuit. Not a lot of room for error, here..."

Stay low. Get as much cover as I can while still keeping an eye on that battlesuit. Unless Lars orders me not to, target the cockpit with my amp. 60cm sphere, frozen as low as I can get it. If I can do so without direct line of sight without a penalty, do so.

[exo:4+1]

Angel: team D - Scrapyard

"I need a bigger gun" might be universally true regardless of how big a gun you happen to be carrying at the time but Angel was definitely feeling a need for something with a bit more AT capability right now. Keeping his voice low he muttered over the radio: "Ok, careful now, we're only going to get surprise once so lets not waste it, I'll go for the normal sods, not sure I can put a hole in anything tougher than that, not reliably anyway"

drop prone in cover, try to take aim at one of the lightly armoured sods whilst staying hidden, if spotted or if someone else fires first open fire

Welp, guy above you started shooting mind bullets so.

[Con:3+1] Pretty good.

Team D- Dubley Steptimus

You got the battlesuit Felix? I'l deal with the mooks.
Are the sods wearing fireproof suits? Are the sods fireproof?
If they aren't, duct tape 3 molotovs together and throw it into the center of the group.
If they are, shoot a 1337 into the group. Aim far enough from the ships to not damage them.

[Con:3]

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

((It wouldn't be ER if the first team death wasn't friendly fire.))

Lars sends a message across Team Leader chat as he moved forward.  "This is Brother Lars of D.  There are Sods in the shipyard, putting explosives on the ship.  We are eliminating them.   About a dozen hostiles, including a battlesuit.  We may need at least one support from above."

Switching his coms, Lars radioed his team as he crouched into position.  "Brothers, we fight now in the light of Steve.  They likely won't blow the ships when they're mixed in them, so we need to eliminate them swiftly.  With the grace of Ingram, fire!"

Engage targets, starting with exo-suit Sods.  Our Sods attack as well.  Take care not to hit ships.

[Con:2+2]
sods:Great

Looking good. We'll combine this with Jim and Anton's attack and see how well it works. Seems like you'll probably wipe them out at this rate.

TEAM E

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Well, I suppose we thank our overwatch saviors and finish off the last battlesuit. I'll handle the battlesuit, you guys keep watch for more enemies."

If Milno doesn't take care of the battlesuit pilot, the following action is valid. Otherwise, just keep watch for more enemies, and order the sods to do so as well.

So. Monoatomic sword. If using it on the battlesuit would expose me to the suit's claymore or electrical defense systems, see if the sods know how to kill the pilot without exposing themselves to much danger, and if so, have them kill it. Finally, if both other avenues are out of the question, simply take my manipulator and roast the pilot with a 10cm sphere of heat, after asking the others to stand back and doing so myself. Order the sods to keep watch for other enemies.

Gonna go manipulator since milno failed and because, well, time is of the essence for reasons.

[uncon:4+1+1]

Yeah, he's dead. Good thing too.

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

Gotcha boss.

Keep watch for more incoming enemies.

Nothing yet.

Team E.

Shoot something that isn't a teammate.. If any get close, power fist go. Make it look like an accident if it's a teammate after all.

/#edit for pansies

You viciously attack a rock.

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Scan for more hostiles and shoot them with my laser. Try to recover a bit if possible.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Brain rest commencing.

TEAM F

Xan Team F

WEAK FUCK FLESH

Quote from: Xan->Miyamoto, Team G
We have been hit by an artillery shell from one of our own cannons. Morul has been killed, as far as I can tell. I don't know if its permanent or not. A few sods got offed, but most of us survived. I'll take control of team F in the meantime.

Address Lerman.

You! Go extract Morul's body from the rubble. Hand his body over to the sod commander once he's out and come join me.
Other nonsods! Come with me, we have to reinforce another bunker now that this one's bust.

Attempt to extricate myself from hole. If there are enemy forces, snap their necks one by one with the Mass Manipulator Amp, starting with the most dangerous. If not, proceed to bunker 4 through the tunnels.

Auron, team F.

Escape from hole using jump rockets, if there is no hole follow the tunnel to the next bunker and engage the eneny with my manipulator.

use precharged brainpower to heat most importan looking enemies brain to the point of minor brain damage and unconsciousness.

Team F
Grab any 'free' sod weapons and get Morul extracted.
"MOTHERFUCKING ARTILLERYMEN GON' GET IT ONCE WE'RE DONE HERE"

((EDITED: orders changed.))

((I PMed piecewise, he rolled me a six for survival))
Team F, Blobfish
Cursing mightily, Dominika grabs her laser rifle and follows Xan.
"Can't kill me that easily, you sonsofbitches!"

Looks like everyone moves to bunker 4 via the underground tunnels. Can't see any enemies from here, but at least there's no dead moruls stinking up the place. Also let say that smurf manages to get himself a rocketlauncher from the rubble, but morul is too far buried to quickly dig him out.

TEAM G

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Assisting Team E

Milno activates his comms as he crosses the sky in high speeds, eyes still focused on the disabled battlesuit.

Team G: "Old fart, I want you to prepare to engage the flying enemies coming from North. Prepare means firing at them as long as you won't get overwhelmed. I'll join you in a while. Other members, report."

Activate EMM if it isn't online already, take advantage of the dust kicked up in the air to close into the still-functioning battlesuit and press the release on the suit's hatch.

After pressing the release, leap back to avoid retaliation and close in to yank the occupant out as soon as the hatch begins opening. Kill him dead throughly. Chest and head, the whole deal.

[dex:1+1+1]

You fly in, search for the release switch for a few seconds but can't find it! You quickly jet backwards before the Battle suit can retaliate.

Team G

Prepare for dogfight. Shoot the flying enemies with mining laser and green mode. Keep moving to avoid fire and being flanked. Retreat if I'm overwhelmed. Punch people with kinetic amp, use electricity or use claymores to keep them away from me.

[con:5+1+1]
Well there goes the other flying enemies. Also several of those sniper towers are cut in half as you wave your laser around erratically.

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary" engineer - Shipyard

Anton waves at Jim when he sees him approach.

"General! Sods are moving through the shipyard. They aren't shooting at the ships yet, which I guess means they don't think we're going to be using them. Or are waiting for a proper demolitions team. Point is, we have to take them out before any of the ships can take off to provide support, and we better get rid of those buggers quickly. I can crank up the power on my gun and hopefully stagger that battlesuit so you can focus on the small fry first, then finish it off. Or I can distract them all momentarily with the lightning so you can get the drop on the battlesuit and then take out everyone else. Which do you think will work better?"

Go with whichever plan General Jim agrees on and take out the Sod group.
Alright.

Lyra, Team G

Travel with Faith ((to bunker 3 I think?)), Continue to be ready to use my amp if needed, If we come under fire while moving then shield us both, otherwise just sit on that dynamic bonus I readied up 2 turns ago.
Bunker three? That one is destroyed. And I don't see a post from faith so I'm honestly not sure either. Plus there are enemies coming from that direction so I'm gonna say you hang around for now.

Jim, Team G

Jim focuses on the enemy battlesuit and attempts to heat the inside of it to about 3000 degrees Fahrenheit.

(Apparently that's how hot crematoriums are, so... screw that sod. :P)

[Exo:6+2, decomp]

Yeah, that group of sods and battle suit is wiped out by the combined efforts of you and lars' team.

>The group of hostiles moving in toward the laser battery has been neutralized via it's defense systems. Damage minimal, laser still functioning at 100%.

>The last push is coming. Units incoming from the North, West and South.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2014, 05:04:27 pm »

Team F
See if I can't blow up a battlesuit sod with the rocket launcher.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2014, 05:18:36 pm »

Auron, team F.

Run to nearest available cover in the path of the next sod wave, attempt to finally use my dynamic bonus to hit the incoming sods with a large disc of heat at head height that will overheat their brains and knock them unconscious but not instantly kill them.

Prioritise affecting battle and exo-suit equipped enemies.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:32:04 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2014, 05:21:10 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Scrapyard

(How am I doing on the mind points? Am I getting tired yet?)

Felix grins as the battlesuit freezes up and then seems to melt from the inside, presumably due to being lifelocked. "And that's one less battlesuit. Back to the bunker?"

Back to Bunker Five. Take the Gauss rifle and special ammo the dead grenadier Sod left there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:56:38 pm by swordsmith04 »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 109