Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game] (Revive turn up)  (Read 12178 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game] (Revive turn up)
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:38:19 pm »

The year is 1529 P.L. on the planet Togtvortoi Baidal.  A hundred and seventy five years ago the great upheaval began.  A sudden spike in volcanic activity ripped apart the planet, forcing its inhabitants to ascend into vast flying citadels, some remained below, becoming perpetual wanderers or going into the vast strongholds built in preparation for war some time ago.  Overcrowding meant different things for these groups.  The wandering tribes were continually worn down by the various natural disasters and starvation, so it wasn't even thought about.  The citadels dumping their excess populations to the ground below, where they were adopted into the wandering tribes or killed by the volcanic flows.  The bunkers performed the dangerous task of mining out additional rooms, risking expanding into an upshot of magma.  Inevitably, cities began to collapse, falling to the ground and being destroyed by magma.  Slowly, the tribes were killed off one by one from entrapment in flows and loss of food.  Eventually, the vaults began to breach magma flows with increasing frequency.  People were resigned to their doom as Shelter 0946 was eventually the last remaining area of inhabitation.

Then, during one of the digs to gain only a light bit more room, the miners ran into an open area.  They braced for their doom, but it never came.  Instead, a ruin was discovered, dating to centuries before the liberation from the Eternal King.  Inside, a few devices were discovered.  To appeared to be of the highest importance.  A structure in the form of a ring, with various symbols embedded upon it, and what was deciphered from the writings contained within and guesswork to be a control panel for the structure.  When it was discovered that the device could prove to lead them to another world, experimentation began upon the device in earnest, and a possibility of going beyond simple survival became a real factor.

Spoiler: Playing the game (click to show/hide)

If further clarification of something is needed, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:48:45 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 03:56:57 pm »

PTW

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »

Okay, did I mess something up?  It's been slightly over 6.25 hours since I started this and I haven't had a single action.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 10:15:33 pm »

I think a clarification as to if this is a Suggestion game or an rtf would be a good idea, I'm fairly sure this is a combo so I will reserve a character to finish at a later date and suggest that we work on researching the staves we found.

I would also like a bit of a clarification on the ordering system, not sure how it works.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:17:15 pm »

Begin researching solar technology. 30 Scientists
Begin researching silicon based microchips 26 Scientists
Manufacture 300 Submachine Gun Clips
Construct a small outpost surrounding the gate.
Send a team of 2 Scientists and Ten Soldiers through the gate with the combination:
Centaurus Hydra Cetus Virgo Bootes Sculptor Andromeda
Unskilled workers shall clean the air vents.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

I think a clarification as to if this is a Suggestion game or an rtf would be a good idea, I'm fairly sure this is a combo so I will reserve a character to finish at a later date and suggest that we work on researching the staves we found.

What does RTF stand for in this context?  I haven't heard that abbreviation used in reference to a game before.

I would also like a bit of a clarification on the ordering system, not sure how it works.

Looking at how much I had missed in the 'how to play the game' section, I expanded it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:52:47 pm »

What does RTF stand for in this context?  I haven't heard that abbreviation used in reference to a game before.

Looking at how much I had missed in the 'how to play the game' section, I expanded it.

Whoops, I mean rtd, didn't notice sorry.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

Whoops, I mean rtd, didn't notice sorry.

Minor mistake.  Don't worry about it.  Did the expanded OP help you understand the game mechanics or do you need further explanation?

Send a team of 2 Scientists and Ten Soldiers through the gate with the combination:

This isn't a valid gate address, since it doesn't end with the point of origin (glyph 1).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:06:01 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 01:07:01 pm »

Put all the engineers and 47 unskilled laborers towards building a defensive outpost around the gate.

Put everyone else on research of the artifacts.

And yes, it did help.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 01:38:09 pm »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 02:53:50 pm »

I'm gonna -1 all gating until the outpost is up.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:38 pm »

Begin researching solar technology. 30 Scientists
Begin researching silicon based microchips 26 Scientists
Manufacture 300 Submachine Gun Clips
Construct a small outpost surrounding the gate.
Unskilled workers shall clean the air vents.
1. Why. Seems pretty useless. There are other far more portable and far more reliable sources of electricity.
2. Shouldn't we have those. It's pretty basic technology.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 03:12:35 pm »

Put everyone else on research of the artifacts.

By everyone else, do you mean just the scientists?  Or include the soldiers, unskilled, and skilled laborers as well?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 03:15:51 pm »

That and why waste laborers on vents? Why not have them work, it is just a -1 to efficiency, they still can get stuff done.

I want to do some xenoarcheology/artifact research, that may be a good idea.

I want a defensive compound up before we set out in case of counterattack, also set up the compound in the entryway into the chamber and clear all existing cover out to make it one giant kill zone, we want them to need to waste massive amounts of troops on a counter attack.

And I want to build other stuff after the compound is up and before we leave (weapons/ammo/armor/tools/extra buildings)

I mean everybody else, they won't be doing much else and they can provide some benefit from how I understand the game system (if they will not benefit then put them on compound construction)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 03:24:21 pm »

Yeah, we at least need to isolate the gate from the rest of the installation by a massive airlock.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9