Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 72333 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'm going to toss my hat at this again.  Thread of I was here.

IC of this thread is here

Gods and Mortals II

Across the Omniverse, multiverses live and die all of the time.  Within these multiverses, universes are being born and dying as well.  Within these universes, exists creation, and the vast stage of gods and mortals working their way through their lives.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Act Types (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign-up (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:21:48 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II (Let's try and see if my sanity survives this)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:42:01 pm »

I dunno... I think I'm just gonna watch.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:56:20 pm »

Name: Wolf the Ascended
Preferred Role: Elf Ascendant
Sphere: Trees
Appearance: Elf
Description: Wolf was once a mere prince of the noble elven bloodline of the Moonfire Clan, but his skill at diplomacy and tactical wit enabled him to unite the nearby elf tribes into a cohesive force.  Those who did not bow to his rule were driven out or killed, and soon he had assembled the greatest army known on the face of the world.  He drove all but elves out of the enormous forest he called his home, and in doing so acquired many unusual and rare artifacts.  In a massive ritual, he imbued himself with the power of these artifacts, becoming a god among mortals.  He has since stepped down from his kingship, giving that status to his heir, and disappeared into the wilderness.
His motives and whereabouts are unknown to mortals, but it is rumored that elves who find him are bestowed great knowledge to help defend the elven forests.  For the forest of Yuir is under attack by outsiders, all of whom wish vengeance upon the elves for driving them out.  Elven prophesies say that in a time of great need, Wolf the Ascended will return to the kingship and drive back his enemies once and for all, leaving the elven kingdoms in peace for all time.  It is unclear if the prophecy means the outsiders or internal traitors, because both exist in large numbers.  For Wolf's son was not nearly as competent a ruler as Wolf was, and some say it is time for him to have, as the dwarves call it, an "unfortunate accident".  It is unclear if such an event, should it occur, would bring Wolf out of seclusion.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:15:16 pm by 4maskwolf »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:05:58 am »

Name: Duluz the Hidden
Preferred Role: Younger or Elder God. I just don't want to be an ascendant, honestly.
Sphere: Ultraviolet Light, secondarily Stealth or Invisibility.
Appearance: If one cannot see ultraviolet light, Duluz is not visible. However, if one could see most of ultraviolet Duluz, they would see a form well adapted to stealth- dark and near black anyway, in a humanoid form with indistinct features, Duluz has elongated limbs, perhaps 1.5 times he size of a normal human limb. Delving into the depths of UV light, Duluz is now sharply made, though he retains his shape. His face appears to be angular but not gaunt, if anyone ever saw him, irises as purely black as his hair.
Description: Some time ago, in another universe, the Gods realized they needed light. Thusly, a Younger God manifested on the spot to fill the need. Duluz was this Younger God. But Duluz was not merely a placeholder-- Duluz was a clever God, and ambitious, to boot. Duluz created ways to ensure his undetectability. He made it via intrigue, alliances, and assassination to the power of an Elder God. Somewhere in his tenure as an Elder God, he even engaged in a romance with another God. Duluz had a life enviable, even among the gods.

But the Overgod of his universe was slowly losing his sanity. And one day, the Overgod snapped. As the destruction of the universe and everything he held dear commenced, Duluz made use of his failsafe one more time. He left, unnoticed. And he wandered. Now, he finds a universe that is again in need of a light God, and he does not intend to let this happen again.

Duluz enjoys refinery and a bit of playing around with the other Gods. He is a god very capable of amusement. He's got quite the healthy amount of ambition too, and is a tiny bit a womanizer (immortals only, of course), but all of this is secondary. First and foremost, Duluz is a survivor. Personal survival, and recently, the survival of the universe, are paramount.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:16:30 am by Powder Miner »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:05:17 am »

Note: Preferred sheet: Ancient.
Others are just in case you feel the need to switch them around.

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Younger (click to show/hide)

Edit: Using random.org to randomize that list of traits is just so fun.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:27:50 am by 10ebbor10 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 11:10:05 am »

Name: Wolf
Preferred Role: Elf Ascendant
Sphere: Trees
Appearance: Elf
Description: I'll get to it later.

Huh.  I would've thought that the first one to show up would try claiming an Ancient or an Elder God.  Not complaining, just mildly surprised.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 11:38:35 am »

ptw

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 11:49:29 am »

Name: Bob
Preferred Role: Elder God
Sphere: stone
Appearance: a human twisted into humanoid form
Description: He did things
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »

(swearword) it, I try this type of game once.

Name: Keateous
Preferred Role: Younger God
Sphere: Strength
Appearance: A large(a small village of about 40 people could live on his back) stone dog-like thing with broken chains floating about him
Description: A peace-loving being who is slow to anger, but when bought to rage, shows that strength and endurance go hand in hand. He formed in relation to the creation of slavery and the need to be free.
He goals are, ridding the world of slavery and bringing peace to the world.

I'll add more thing to Description when I think of them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:00:46 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 01:53:25 pm »

Name: The Wandering Light; The Builder of Bridges; He-Who-Walks-Around-The-World; The names change, generally, "The Wanderer" can be used for simplicity's sake.
Preferred Role:  Elder God

Sphere: Journey, quest

Appearance: The Bridge-Builder has several manifestations depending on its goals at the time, but the most common is an androgynous figure dressed in neat but well-worn traveling gear, bearing a gnarled staff - this is the form it uses to appear to mortals. Invariably, a distant light of some sort will be present when it manifests. It may be a particularly bright star over its head, the glow of the sun just behind the horizon, faraway torchlight somewhere - anything, really. The form is usually beautiful or at least appealing in some way, but almost always bears scars, grime, a layer of dust over its features - something generally obscuring or disfiguring. The divinity of the form can be adjusted at will - what was a pale, tired young man with a single early star above him may become a tarnished porcelain figure four meters tall as the sky is lit by a second moon.

Description: Speaking simply, the Wanderer's motive is that the personal goals of sentient beings appear and are achieved. In this aspect, the Wanderer usually shows benevolence to life, or, at least, select living beings that impress it, and it is impressed by force of personality and persistent strength of desire. So, it can be rather irrational at times: for example, if a certain man wants nothing more in his life than to eat a certain fruit that only grows on one island on the other side of the world, and shows persistent striving towards this goal in the face of adversity, the Wanderer may aid him before people with more sensible or useful goals. It is about desire to accomplish, not rationality.
The Wanderer itself does not desire to be master above all gods, but may ally itself with a god that strongly wishes to be one, just on principle. In fact, it came to this universe to find a suitable divine to offer its services in this, seeing it as a challenge in which neither it nor its chosen can cheat; a feat worthy of a restless mind.
Its personal goals are defined mostly by the meaningful accomplishment of the goals of others, with emphasis on "meaningful" - it may give you a magic sword to slay your enemies with, but it will not slay them for you, at least in most cases.
The Wanderer has a fittingly troubled history, but the gist of it is this: it was a young human in some universe somewhere, who, simply speaking, wanted to aid all those who deserve aid. It led a lonely, just, and frightening life, and eventually Ascended to godhood.

Look okay to you?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:48:11 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 02:03:49 pm »

Updated my post. It even comes with a selection of gods for you to choose from.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

Name: Alex Raman
Preferred Role:Ascendant
Sphere: Science
Apperence: Human
Description: Alex has high beliefs of the power of man. He wants to make mortals equal to gods.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:40:42 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 04:19:29 pm »

Name: Bob
Preferred Role: Elder God
Sphere: stone
Appearance: a human twisted into humanoid form
Description: He did things

No.  For an elder god, I am going to need a lot more description.  Here's roughly the minimum what I am looking for each category:

Ancient: Two detailed (over four sentence, less if the sentences are long) paragraphs, one to describe its rise to the power of Overgod, then the events to its fall, followed by a sentence or two describing its plans.
Elder God: A detailed (over four sentence, again less if the sentences are long) paragraph or two detailing the history of the god, reason why it came to the new universe, and a few sentences describing its plans.
Younger God: A sentence about the reason for manifestation, and a sentence describing its plans.
Ascendant: A sentence or two describing its motivations it has.

I have it scaled for roughly how long each stage would have been in existence when they first enter the game, ancients being former Overgods that have risen through the Elder and possibly Younger god stages, Elders having ascended from the younger god stage, and younger gods and ascendants having existed for only a few years to one or two decades (when you get control of them).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:22:31 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »

Edited my sheet in light of this. Is it enough for Elder God status?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »

Just wanted to know, do ascendants know about the gods and their actions?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52