Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dimensions: An RTD RPG.  (Read 8270 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensions: An RTD RPG.
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2014, 09:23:44 am »

By the way, how does on put things in spoilers?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:49 am »

I'm quitting this.
I don't have nearly as much free time to do this a s I thought I did, and it's currently far too ambitious for me. If anyone is interested in GMing this instead of me, do so. I might start a new RTD at some point, considering I know my limits, and know a bit more about this whole GMing business than before.
BD out.
Aw, too bad. Oh well, I did the same at first too, so don't worry about it too much.
By the way, how does on put things in spoilers?
Click the black and yellow colored button.
Hm. Since I'll have a week off, I could take over as GM for fun and profit. Anybody opposed? Or interested, for that matter?
I'm all up for it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2014, 10:40:44 am »

Fine by me, Harry's writing is always great.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2014, 02:15:53 pm »

I'd rejoin if harry GM'd it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2014, 02:21:11 pm »

I'd rejoin if harry GM'd it.
I think the reason your actions weren't really resolved was because they were specifically interactign with other players, so the GM couldn't really do anything about it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2014, 03:50:20 pm »

It is capitally Decided, then.

The Navigator floats out of the room it once occupied, its slimy, simultaneously sluglike and prunelike body undulating as it squeezes through the doorframe. Noticing Katherine standing about questioning the blue creature, its tiny, rudimentary limbs twitch excitedly.

"Bloody hell, that was easy! Usually they stick the Nexus in some fecking den of arseholes and tedious shite you have to wander through for billions of feckin' years before any progress is made. And then every one of you heroic feckers become dead or comatose, and then the whole feckin' thing falls apart. Glad to see the bloody feckarses in charge are seeing reason at last."

It pauses, its cold, wet, opaquely-lensed eyes staring at Katherine for an uncomfortable moment.

"Right, you're the Nexus and I'm the Navigator," it says, bobbing in Katherine's direction. "And the rest of these feckers are basically your new retinue. And now that they've heroically found you, questing can begin."

"Excuse me, what sort of questing are we-" Grrpipi asks, but the Navigator cuts him off.

"Oh, would you look at this fecker!" it says. "Barely even physical, he is! How'd this bloody bastard get in here?"

"Well-"

"Oh, shut it. I know you don't know. Well, you can't be part of the quest, yer gert big arsebiscuit. You're too magical and spiritual. Wouldn't want the Nexus to feel jealous of your dumb, unfortunate arse or lack thereof, would we?"

"I say..." Grrpipi begins before suddenly vanishing from existence without so much as a dramatic poof or bamf.

"Hate these clueless magical feckers. Now, I hafta guide all of you wonderful people to adventure, I suppose?"

One of its stunted little legs twitches in the direction of a nearby boarded-up door - the door, for lack of a better term, suddenly detonates, though there seems to be blissfully little shrapnel. A soft light emanates from the now unblocked archway, and a rather thick fog seems to begin rolling in as well.

"Through that door is some feckin' adventure. I'm sure you've got questions, though. Am I right? If you've got any questions, preface them with whoever you are so I can remember your name."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2014, 04:04:51 pm »

"Well, the note said that we should go to some place called "Ravenwing". It also had a map on the back."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2014, 04:08:12 pm »

Jaspis raises his stoyn hand in the air "err, yeah, Jaspis' the name. Wot sort of adventure we talkin' about? Does it involve bashin' skulls? Cause then I'll need a bigger...err... He looks at the stick in his hand for a second "..basher."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2014, 04:11:06 pm »

"Wots happenin'? I was in the pub, and now I'm 'ere." He looks at the other people in the room, and scratches the moss on his head. "You's a funny lot, funny shapes. How'd you get 'ere?"

Check what I still own. Grab one of the sticks, even though it's probably tiny in my giants hands.
Inventory:
Raggy Clothes
Apparently, the stick is Magical, since it enlarged itself once you grabbed it to be a little under half your height.
Just pointing it out, Jaspis-Saaan.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »

Katherine rubs her eyes, kinda confused by this point. Her memory isn't doing well either, so there is a compound complication.

"Um... I think... I think my name is Kathy? I can't remember. Anyways, who is this person who sends these notes?"

((Oh come on. This was the color that I was supposed to use for my text.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »

-snip-
Oh, but I remember, Blitz-kun. But Jaspis is a discworld troll, half his height is not even close to big enough to be a satisfying weapon.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2014, 04:19:54 pm »

-snip-
Oh, but I remember, Blitz-kun. But Jaspis is a discworld troll, half his height is not even close to big enough to be a satisfying weapon.
Well then, Jaspis-san, how tall are Discworld trolls?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »

-snip-
Well then, Jaspis-san, how tall are Discworld trolls?
Honestly, Blitz-dono, I'm not really sure. It's never explicitly stated, though they are descriped at being really large. The fact that they're made out of living rock means they can be as large as they please. Though most trolls who live in the city are something between 2-2.5 meters tall I'd reckon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2014, 05:26:14 pm »

Walk over to door before the rest of my team. Protect them from potential danger
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2014, 09:32:05 am »

"Well, the note said that we should go to some place called "Ravenwing". It also had a map on the back."

"I wouldn't put much stock in maps, friendo. Whoever made it was prolly an eejit of some description, and also prolly dead now. Two-dimensional maps don't work in dimensional navigation, since there's about... eleven dimensions we can travel along? I don't know where, when, how, whoever, prunever or hapsowadever we are right now, since we're a little adrift usually."

Jaspis raises his stoyn hand in the air "err, yeah, Jaspis' the name. Wot sort of adventure we talkin' about? Does it involve bashin' skulls? Cause then I'll need a bigger...err... He looks at the stick in his hand for a second "..basher."

"I have no bloody idea. I may be the Navigator, but even I have no clue of our real coordinates right now. Some eejit made off with the waystation not too long ago. Guess we should be finding that, eh?"

"Um... I think... I think my name is Kathy? I can't remember. Anyways, who is this person who sends these notes?"

"Prolly the luckless arsebiscuit who was here last, or maybe the one before that if I had to guess. Leaning toward the last one, 'cause it prolly would have been stolen already otherwise. And those last shiting feckers really were something, I tell you. So it was prolly them, yeah."

Walk over to door before the rest of my team. Protect them from potential danger

You bravely shuffle to the door and selflessly take the brunt of the gently rolling mist and light breeze coming in, somewhat impeding the very much welcome ventilation with your metal ass. But on the bright side, you can sort of see outside now. It looks all green, sunny and meadowy. Like, with flowers and everything. Totally wicked, man. And there's even buildings visible on the horizon.

"So, we ready to go? You can ask me questions on the way. I'm supposed to guide you on yer mystical journey, methinks."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9