Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 34233 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2014, 09:47:35 am »

My lesson is that I should be taking notes.  :/  Seat of my pants action got me knocked on it.

Also, I agree on how good those look.  I tried notepad before and got irritated.

---

Also, what is dumbtell?  In the context of the game?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »

According to the nice wikis I've been sent to, they are tenancies that look like scum tells, but are just inexperience.

I've learned a lot of lingo between two games here one B12 that I was previously unfamiliar with.

Here are my notes for anyone who wants to see them.
I forgot to say this earlier: that is an amazing technique. I hope you don't mind if I borrow it.
I don't mind at all. The key is the spreadsheet formula =Arrayformula(Sum(If($A$2:$A202=$A202, $F$2:$F202, 0))) , which means "In all rows above this one (including this one), if the name in that row is equal to the name in this row, then put the change in scummyness into an array, else put 0. Sum the array." By using absolute values, it adjusts itself with autocomplete, by summing all changes and not any previous totals I avoid messy math, and I don't believe I've ever nested an If inside a Sum before.
I also used conditional formatting to color the squares in the entire column.

The pivot tables took forever to sort out and create. And didn't add very much to the value of the sheet.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:30:07 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2014, 03:21:21 pm »

I like your intent with the spreadsheet Flabort, but the scumminess tracker is obviously useless if it doesn't actually pick out scum.

At a tool for close analysis of the game and people's posts it looked good: persistently revising your view on people helps avoid false positives.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]