Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]

Author Topic: RedKing's East Asian Politics Megathread  (Read 76422 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: RedKing's East Asian Politics Megathread
« Reply #585 on: November 23, 2022, 02:37:31 pm »

The Malaysia-based Centre for Independent Journalism (CIJ) set up a team to monitor hate speech on social media during the campaign and its data showed race-based narratives dominated the political discourse.

In an analysis part way through the campaign it identified PAS and its leader Abdul Hadi Awang as among the worst offenders.

“They have resorted to fear-triggering Muslim voters with phrases like ‘going to hell if you vote Pakatan Harapan and Barisan Nasional’, and inciting violence against ‘kafir harbi’ (enemies of Islam), and for calling Malays to unite and fight against the Chinese (DAP) and Indians,” CIJ said in a statement.

Muhyiddin also attracted criticism after claiming at a PN rally that PH was working with Christians and Jews to “convert” Muslims in Malaysia in a speech that was shared widely on TikTok.
Uh oh

How much contact do you still have with thr Malaysian side of the family? I hope they manage to keep out of danger if things escalate.

Can we just fucking stop with the divisive rhetoric? Please? I want to live in a world where people can actually get along, Christ almighty.

It's always inspirational to see hiw much people are the same all over the world; just shuffle the nouns and you've got the USA right now ;)
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #586 on: November 23, 2022, 03:04:20 pm »

How much contact do you still have with thr Malaysian side of the family? I hope they manage to keep out of danger if things escalate.
They're pretty depressed but that's not anything new; they were already depressed before for nonpolitical reasons

It's always inspirational to see hiw much people are the same all over the world; just shuffle the nouns and you've got the USA right now ;)
Lmaoing, but lmaoing and crying at the same time

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 24, 2022, 06:41:36 pm »

:picture of pigs and farmer's socializing with each other; you are unable of tell them apart:
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #589 on: November 25, 2022, 06:44:47 am »

Xi Jinping: Communism is inevitable
Xi Jinping: Return to the Apple factory at once

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 25, 2022, 07:51:23 am »

Apples are red. QED.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]