Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How long would YOU survive in Adventure Mode?  (Read 9455 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
How long would YOU survive in Adventure Mode?
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

If it were Armok's will that you be cast into the world that your fortress was in, how long would you survive with the skills you have in real life?

(Try to be honest, folks.)
Regards,
Dampe

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
Re: How long would YOU survive in Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:38:24 pm »

I wouldn't throw my life away by searching for treasure or being the arm of the law right off the bat. I'd probably take up a trade if I had wealthy parents. Farming if I was unfortunate.

I do have a sense of adventure, if I could luck out well enough, I would probably help provide for myself by hunting game on the side, maybe even be a clothier or leather worker. If I get an axe, I can produce charcoal for the smiths that work in the city.

It would take a lot to get me to do anything particularly dangerous, but I would make sure that I would have years of training and personal experience behind me before I head out into the wilds, and that I would be well prepared to survive what horrors lurk in the shadows.

In all fairness, disease or old age would probably claim my life before any arrow or blade.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:48:09 pm »

Superior Agility
I run track, and my PR (Personal Record) for an open 400 meter dash is 49.6 seconds. (Not to brag.)
Adequate Swordsman
I took a fencing class, but I was never that skilled at it.
Talented Bowman, Talented Archery
I'm way into archery. Although I'm a pretty good shot, I'm not going to be splitting arrows any time soon.
Novice Axeman
When I go on camping trips, I chop my own firewood.
Adequate Thrower
I can throw knives.
Above Average Strength, Above Average Toughness,
I'm in good shape.
Above Average Creativity
I like to draw in my free time.
Above Average Musicality
I can play the ukelele.
Below Average Willpower
I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to pain. XD
Skilled Observer
It comes with the whole archery thing. You've got to be able to see what you're aiming at.
Competent Dodger
I've got very quick reflexes.
High Empathy
I can read faces.
Above Average Social Awareness
I'm a comedian. (That being said, I'd probably get shot in Vegas.)
High Linguistic Ability
I speak fluent Spanish, as well as bits and pieces of French, Russian, and German.
Above Average Analytical Ability
Another skill I've picked up from archery.
Above Average Spatial Sense, Above Average Kinesthetic Sense
Archery again.
Above Average Memory
I'm sort of like an elephant. (Albeit a very forgetful one.)
Below Average Focus
Damn you, ADHD!
Competent Kicker, Competent Striker, Competent Wrestler, Competent Fighter
I've taken some martial arts classes, but I'm no Bruce Lee.
Skilled Ambusher
I'm sneaky.

If Dwarf Fortress leveling were to apply, I think I actually would do alright.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:58:45 am by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:11 pm »

Well, it depends on whether or not the game's levelup mechanics apply in this world I've been tossed into. If they do, I rely on the charity of the village I spawn in while I throw rocks at the ground for several weeks in order to become a godly juggernaught capable of punching out a dragon. I then collect a bunch of pebbles in a sack and go off adventuring, presumably winning since I'd head to a city first and take some of that armor they have lying about in the central place. After using that thing where you grab a gopher or something and lie down and let it beat up on you in order to learn how to move in armor, I'd probably inquire as to the location of the nearest necromancer's tower, train for a few years in combat, and then go obtain immortality before slacking off forever.

If real world rules apply, I'd likely just go work in a city until I died, or if I got lucky I might find a necromancer's book and slack off forever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:54:51 pm »

My physical attributes are abysmal, but mostly due to deterioration rather than not being born with "average" skills. I'll never reach superhuman in anything, but when you live in a world without electronics, staying active is the only way I won't go insane. So I'll probably become superior in strength, agility, endurance in about a year, just because I can't sit in a hobbit hole for 24 hours a day twiddling my thumbs.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:55:17 am »

I would look around for anyone with human bone jewelry, or just anyone who might be a vampire in general. Then I'd call him out and run away, letting the villagers do the fighting. After that I'd drink the vampires blood, and be known as the hero who slayed the vampire.

So, I would survive forever. As a bonus I'd repeat this to any other vampire I'd meet, so in the end I would be a legendary hero without any risks whatsoever.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:01:16 am »

I would likely appear and then moments later I would get hit in the head by a passing bird or maybe some kids tossing a ball around or something and my cranium would fatally implode.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:07:09 am »

I am very strong and tough, but have poor agility. I have little fighting experience, but I am good at working with my hands.

So I would probably make an ideal blacksmith apprentice. Wouldn't go fight dragons or anything.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Guvnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 09:36:09 am »

Not particularly long, can barely swim and live next to a river irl, so I assume I would be innundated with carp immediately.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 11:59:57 am »

Well, it depends on whether or not the game's levelup mechanics apply in this world I've been tossed into. If they do, I rely on the charity of the village I spawn in while I throw rocks at the ground for several weeks in order to become a godly juggernaught capable of punching out a dragon.
That quote made my day.
Regards,
Dampe

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:44:23 pm »

probably....
a week or so, im pretty good at hiding, i think.
my stamina is decent, i can run 800 meters before getting the winded status.
i am good at dodging, teacher likes to trow pieces of chalk.
i am good at trowing random stuff, i retaliate the chalk strikes.
- if i find a slab, i can live forever, I CAN READ!!!!
- if i find someone wearing human hair crown or something, i stab him, drink blood, live forever.
however my left hand already has a massive scar.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 09:01:25 pm »

In adventure mode, I think I would do decently.

I can run for over 10 miles before becoming winded, high analitical ability, good memory. I would train in stealth and archery.
At first, i would be a messanger, running long distances between towns at high speeds. Hopefully i wouldn't run into any ambushes. Saving my wages, i would become a hunter for food, herbalist for more, carry an axe to cut trees and become a boyer to make my own bows and arrows. I would then become a scout in the military, and an assasin, climbing trees and shooting down on people.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:27 pm »

Well, i'm really athletic and can shoot a gun. (Paintball  :P)
So if you modded in any sort of gun I would do decently.  I could do hit and run tactics and hide in a tree till the gobo loses me.

But most likely I would die in 3 days, 4 if i'm lucky.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:12:31 pm »

I would take one step...then die.

To be serious I'd probably not last long as I get bored very easily and the longer I'm bored the more likely I am to do something insanely stupid. c;
I'd give myself a week at most.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 08:59:35 am »

In a very much harsher and much more dangerous world than ours, in which everyone, even the so called "humans" are much stronger than us puny earthlings humans, it's easy to imagine than all of us would not last long.

Unless one never ever leave a city (so he never is ambushed by bandits or goblins that would destroy you in a few seconds) and stay indoor (so at least he would avoid bogeymen) ...
... hoping that one of the other guys staying indoor with you is not a creature of the night in disguise that will kill you anyways.

... At least surviving until one start to need food and water, and has to go get some because none of the surrounding villagers will ever give you any and then exposing yourself to the danger of the outside that will kill you without a problem.

And without even mentionning in future version with army roaming , the chances of surviving even hiding in a building of a town would simply become 0

Remember losing is fun they said, but they didn't mentionned it could be extermely painful :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4