Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 481469 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #1380 on: July 01, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »

she is actually just bartimaeus, who didnt reveal the ability that he can split into two for 5 years, just to pull this practical prank on us?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 01, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »

she is actually just bartimaeus, who didnt reveal the ability that he can split into two for 5 years, just to pull this practical prank on us?
nope.jpeg

But it sounds like something he would do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 01, 2014, 04:08:39 pm »

I don't know why but I want to use the Kyle and Wand!Bart combo to just teleport all the way to Brisbane in five foot units to mess with people.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 01, 2014, 04:46:16 pm »

You have to do it backwards, with flash-steps, right behind each other each time.

Also, I blame you for when I screwed up Spensir's intro.

Speaking of which, where is everybody now and how might I get him involved? I want to fight something in one of the games I'm in. Grrr.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:33 pm »

still a bit of time until the first really big fight. anyway, why not just go the really easy route, add to your chars backstory that he met some character during the timeskip, befriended  him and/or started some rivalry or whatever and bam, intro done
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 01, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »

If he did something to end up on the news Kyle would be on the scene as fast as possible. In a mask. Because that's a thing now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 01, 2014, 06:33:37 pm »

*hiss*
Retcons

*HISSSSS*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 01, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »

Twi told me to post this thing I wrote that I may use for this maybeh.

Sorry for length... And content... And grammar (this was mostly written when I was supposed to be sleeping and then finished just now by adding 2 paragraphs but not proofreading really. Also was in notepad so spelling/grammar mistakes aren't flagged so its a mess most likely.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 01, 2014, 10:03:42 pm »

Neat.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 01, 2014, 10:07:51 pm »

Oh boy

I get to creep the fuck out of Eren now

Yays~

DERP WRONG THREAD
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 01, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »

Yay~
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:58 pm »

Twi told me to post this thing I wrote that I may use for this maybeh.

Sorry for length... And content... And grammar (this was mostly written when I was supposed to be sleeping and then finished just now by adding 2 paragraphs but not proofreading really. Also was in notepad so spelling/grammar mistakes aren't flagged so its a mess most likely.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shit, dude. That was something.
Also welcome back.
"Also I'm going to stab you."
no lyle don't do that
Black lives matter.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 02, 2014, 12:14:05 am »

Name: Sam Benson

Description: Although he is thin, Sam has a rather imposing figure. His build is sinewy and he wears a dark tank top and an open black jacket with his hood up on his upper body. His lower body is a pair of jeans, a chain wallet, and boots. His arms are both covered in a tattoo sleeve (Left and Right) reaching from his shoulder down to his wrist (only visible completely with his jacket off). His brown hair is kept cut short, not quite being a skin head but not long enough to really flow in the breeze. His eyes seem sunken in yet are a piercing shade of green in color. He keeps a clean shaven face and his complexion is just a tad pale.

Sam has a rather direct and cold personality. He seems to distrust others and keep to himself for the most part but once he gets involved his demeanor and appearance demand attention. He doesn't search for fights per se but he does look like he would involve himself in one if he saw one if at least to end it. Can be an asshole at times.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Stats:
  • Health:  15
  • Mana: 15
  • Speed: 20
  • Skill: 10
  • Strength: 20
  • Magic: 10
  • Defense: 5
  • Resistance: 5
Equipment: ((Sorry if these don't make a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things, I'm taking inspiration from Cyberpunk 2020 and adapting it to this))
  • Neuralware
  • Speed Chip - Sam has an implanted chip that when activated give him enhanced reflexes for a limited time.
  • Bioware
  • Grafted Muscles - Increased musculature as well as an increase in strength that brings him far above the average human. At the cost of energy he can bring these levels to super-human levels allowing him to hit much harder and move much faster.
  • Rapid Healing - Only active when not using weapons and he is calmed down from a fight. Sam's wounds will recover quickly.
  • Cyberweapons
Note: Only one set of Cyberweapons can be used at a time (switching between is a free action though)
  • Rippers - 6 inches of curved metal can be extended from Sam's fingertips.
  • Wolvers - Essentially Wolverine claws ((yeah I know, unoriginal and stuff but again I blame Cyberpunk 2020, they had these listed and I felt they fit a theme I was going for sorta))
  • BigRipp - A long blade that protrudes along Sam's forearms
  • Implants
  • Anti Magic Field Generator (AMF Generator) - Requires a large amount of energy but for a time Sam can make Magic unusable in an area around him (full reserves required)
  • Arcana Absorption Apparatus (AAA) - Sam is not magical at all thus is incapable of creating his own mana. This implant however allows him to convert magic either from the blood of his enemies or from magical attacks hitting him into usable energy that he can use to super power some of his cyberware as well as keep him from tiring himself out quickly. If Sam doesn't use excess energy quickly the AAA depletes naturally and leaves only enough to sustain Sam (He starts combat at 0 mana/energy unless he was fighting a magical being a short time ago)
  • Death Engine - Sam's handlers implanted this inside him as a control mechanism. If they feel he isn't getting a job done quickly enough they can turn this on making Sam incapable of discerning friend from foe and attacking wantonly. Sam seems to be capable of activating this himself as well although only in times of extreme stress. When activated his movements are much more aggressive and he is much deadlier.
Ability:
  • Flash Step (Small: 2 mana) - Sam diverts energy from the AAA to his legs allowing him to move at blinding speeds, effectively allowing him to teleport short distances
  • Power Attack (Small: 2 mana)- Energy is diverted to Sam's arms and legs allowing for attacks to do much more damage
  • Bullet Time (Small: 2 mana)- Energy is diverted to Sam's Speed Chip Neuralware, allowing for either a greater effect or a longer effect.
  • Anti Magic Field (Big: 9 mana)- Full Energy Reserves are depleted and Sam creates an Anti Magic Field around him.
  • Death Engine Manual Override (Medium: 3 mana) - As described above, Sam has the capability to activate the Death Engine manually. It generally is activated by reflex however in times of extreme stress where things are a matter of life or death for him.
TIL: You can't make lists within lists on Bay12's forums. I also learned I can actually write a lot when I choose to just sorta sit down and write. Also hi SB good to see you again.

Anyway, back to Blazblue Chronophantasma because TERUMI IS THE BEST EVER AND I LOVE FIGHTING WITH HIM.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:18:10 pm by Atnegam »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 02, 2014, 12:19:07 am »

The Magic skill is used to roll for all abilities, whether they are truly magical or not. Powerful abilities need a high magic roll in order to be able to use them.

With a magic of 0, all of your abilities are locked off until you level up.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 02, 2014, 12:27:03 am »

Ok, moved some numbers around to get myself a magic of 10. Is everything else good?

I sorta didn't mention this because I felt it wasn't necessary but I'll put it out there anyway:

The reason why I put I can only use one cyberweapon at a time but switching is a free action is that essentially the only difference between the three is style of attack, minor damage differences, and the big one is range. That and they cant really be used simultaneously because the way they are all called out requires certain movements that the other cyberweapons impede (I'll get into them later as they come). Anyway the big thing is it generally is kept to one weapon a post, I wont be doing any crazy weapon switching shenanigans (unless thematically it fits to a situation into which I am posting and/or its a finisher or something. Iunno, exciting parts and exciting writing and shit like that xD)

Oh and fun fact: I did pick those specific paintings for tattoos for a reason other than they look dark/cool. Because you know, meanings and shit xP.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 685