Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163713 times)

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »

This looks really fun. If it's too late to join (which it probably is), here's my waitlist app.
Spoiler: Leo Valdez (click to show/hide)

Seeing as I made the map slightly bigger than I initialy thought, and since it seems that two of the players are curently pacifists, I'll add you in. Feel free to post turn actions, Spawn point is curently clear.
Awesome, thanks! I guess I'll just jump in then, don't much care what color I am.

Follow Ryan to the volcano.
Ryan raises an eyebrow
"You a fire Mage?"
"Demigod, actually. Leo Valdez, son of Hephaestus, at your service. And yes, I do in fact control fire."
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2014, 07:09:37 pm »

"Demigod, actually. Leo Valdez, son of Hephaestus, at your service. And yes, I do in fact control fire."
"How do you plan on proving it?"

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 07:13:43 pm »

"Well, ah..." Leo holds out his hand and a tongue of flame appears on his middle finger.

((That isn't actually an action, by the way, just RP.))
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2014, 07:17:24 pm »

Ryan shrugs.

"What's your plan for winning, then?"

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2014, 07:20:12 pm »

"Well, the best thing I can see is hang around that volcano and chuck a handful of lava at anyone who approaches. Or, If you would rather, I could head down to the forest. Lots of flammable stuff there."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2014, 07:21:39 pm »

"Well, the best thing I can see is hang around that volcano and chuck a handful of lava at anyone who approaches. Or, If you would rather, I could head down to the forest. Lots of flammable stuff there."
"Whichever you feel is better, I guess"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

Turn 2
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Enter the castle slowly, while checking for traps.
A castle, eh? This'll make for a good base.
Meh. Fine enough...
Whaz enters the castle with Kirby, but takes different side of it to explore and make his own.

SPD [(4+1)/2+1=3.5
SPD [(1+1)/2+1=2

Whaz charges off through castle gates first, and goes off exploring the eastern side. Just as he enters a tower to see if anything interesting is visible around the castle, floor gives in under him and shadow wizard promptly falls down to the dungeons. While this would be undesirable for most, dungeons might make ideal base of operations for somone who rules the dark.

Kirby, more wachful of his step, managed to get further. A stroll over the castles' walls revealed that they were mostly servicable, though a bit mossy. Towers were in decent shape too, though their capability to protect from a magical assault was dubious. Finaly, Kirby decided to explore inner keep, and after a short search found himself in the throne room.

Turns out that you are quite a fast walker, and you did not specify that you want to stop at the edge of the forest. Therefore, you are now in the middle of it.

((I think you're confusing me with 4maskwolf.  :P Checking the map, the red dot (w/ no ring) representing him is actually missing.))

Look around my current location for anything suspicious or out of place.

ROLL [4]

Crimson looked around,though saw nothing out of the ordinary. There were trees, some moss on the ground and trees, some shrooms scatered about, a few wild beries.

"Hold that thought. I have a plan. I'm going to draw a Ritual and I want you to pump it full of healing/growth magick okay?"
Draw a ritual of growth around a nearby tree and have James power it to make a giant tree we will build our home in.
Stop gathering wood and help David grow his tree.

Healing and growth are both done by the same process: cellular mitosis. Accelerate the trees mitosis to make it grow faster.

And look at the shipwreck. Any of it above water?

ROLL [5]

CMP [3+1=4]
CMP[6]
POT [(4+2)+(2+1)=9]

A quick search turns out a plum tree seed, which saved newfound bussines partners the hassle to summon one from thin air. David inscribed runes to dictate various parameters he would desire out of their creation, while James buried plum seed in the middle of rune circle and admired clearly visible wrecage of several ships that were floating in the lake. With their tasks done they started casting.

Binding their spells went through soundly, their power directed by Davids runes reached out towards lone seed, waking and empowering it. As first signs of their work rose from the ground, they noticed that something was slightly off. Davids spell was far stronger than James' and the seed colected far more from the earth than it could consume, even draging large rocks with it as it grew upwards. But by James' mastery of art it was still a plant, and by Davids runes it still shaped itself into a house. As their spell exausted itself, duo of mages found themselves looking at a strange structure, part plant part dirt, shaped like a two story tower, windows and all, with large green leafed branches and a few still half-grown plums. It was one natural building, you two could almost pass as elven architects.

Non-aggressive magic and movement.

SPD [(5+1)/2+1=4]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [4+1=5]

Jase was about to move towards the mountains, when he decide that it would be wise to leave a little something behind him. He called out a barier of aether that seperated grasslands from hils and continued his trip to southwestern mountains.

Move into the basalt and obsidian fields, towards the volcano.
-snip-
Awesome, thanks! I guess I'll just jump in then, don't much care what color I am.

Follow Ryan to the volcano.

((Scotcmen, your collor is now black))

SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]
SPD [(1)/2+1=1.5]

Leo Valdez the firemage entered through the Terminus gateway, first to come after those that unlocked the gate. Wether led by desire to experience welcoming heat of volcanic region, or by sensing a felow fire user, he immedietly headed out towards magma fields. There he met Ryan Feng and they exchanged greetings. As coleagues in fire wielding, they decided to not engage in battle immedietly and headed out towards magma pools.

Head towards the shipwreck.
"Mind if I join you, oh fellow wizards?"

SPD [(1-1)/2+1=1]

Whatever Wizradgton was troubled by, seemed to have increased in strenght, as he wasn't able to even get back to the Terminus portal. He then made (probably wise) decision of asking those two wizards near strange looking dirt and tree hybrid tower, if they wouldn't mind his company. They seemed to have started discusing ways to rob Wizardton.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Amazingly, this took hour a bit more than a hour. Time sure flies, but I still have tons of free time left over.

Few notes:

CMP is competence, AKA spell success roll.
ROLL is a luck roll, I'm using d10 for it. I will use it when no other stats are relevant, or when situation depends completely on outside factors. Those two tend to everlap a fair bit.
The tree house is held up primarily by roots of said plum tree.
Ships that are floating in pieces within shipwreck lake are either small (>1m) or half a ship. Ships in question are frigates.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:39 pm »

Look around the mountains for interesting things in a PM sort of way.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:10:49 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2014, 08:32:04 pm »

"Right, shall we stick around the magma fields, or head up to the peak of the volcano itself?"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:35 pm »

"I'm going to stay here, you can go to the peak if you want."
How far can our spells reach?

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »

"Very well. See you around.

Head to the volcano.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2014, 08:41:51 pm »

((What would have happened if we both rolled sixes on Pot? Also can we do two spells in one turn?))
"Hey guy I have a plan. Get some more plum seeds. Then do your thing."
Make a system of interconnected rituals of growth around several trees. (Going for more regular sized trees this time.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:47:28 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »

"I'm going to stay here, you can go to the peak if you want."
How far can our spells reach?
[/quote]

Touch range, unless you use mod, then vision range. All dex requring (aimed) spells, say fireball of sorts have vision range of casting, but unlimited travel range, without needing mod ( you can shoot only at things you can see, projectile begins its path next to you and only stops when it hits an obstacle.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 10:13:03 pm »

move towards a patch of magma and get low to the ground, out of sight of most people.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:23:46 am by 4maskwolf »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2014, 10:26:40 pm »

"Making a wall?"
Gather more plum seeds (from the treehouse) and plant them in David's runes. Make them grow.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:10:08 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 506