I am going through a period of change in my life, mainly due to 2nd kid, but I wanted to update the original post with a cleaned and updated to 0.43.05 version made by Taffer:
Taffer's update to 0.43.05: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oga3tg77hy79ma/DF%20Wanderer.zip?dl=0
Taffer's merge with Modest mod
DF WANDERER MOD
Adventure mode crafting:
Most of reactions (besides ammo crafting, trinket carving and a few others) require to build a carpenter's workshop
That's a placeholder until Toady allows us to make custom workshops. Then I will go wild with thematic crafting stations
You can now harvest "branches" from trees for woodworking.
- Basic crafting: knap stones, assemble basic axe.
- Alchemy: turn megabeast/griffin hearts into arcane catalysts to craft attribute-boosting balms, painkillers and energy pills, make potions of extravision/indefatigability.
- Bonecarving: make bone arrows, bolts, amulets/rings/bracelets/earrings, bow, crutches, breastplate/helm, spear/dagger
- Bookmaking: turn raw skins into quires and scrolls (with sticks). Write down your stories/poems/chronicles. Bind those into books with leather.
- Decorating: decorate items with spikes/rings/bands of bone/horn/large gem/small gem/teeth
- Leatherworking: tan raw skins, craft leather+bone shields, sew backpacks/cloaks/armors/caps/boots
- Breakdown: destroy metal items to get metal chunks.
- Smelting/smithing: forge weapons and armor from metal chunks you get from "breakdown".
- Stoneworking: make stone arrows/bolts from rocks and sticks, as well as trinkets.
- Woodcrafting: make wooden training weapons, bows, figurines, earrings and bracelets.
- Small creatures have weaker body materials, bigger creatures have tougher body materials.
- There are different tiers of skin/chitin/scale, all of them tannable: weak skin, skin, tough skin, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- 6 different appropriate levels of tanned leather: suede, leather, hide, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- Scales are tannable now.
- Fat tissues feel no pain.
- Pain from broken bones is reduced.
- Added healing rates to additional tissues.
- Removed "bone" layer from fingers/toes to reduce pass outs from broken fingers.
- Humans, elves, dwarves, goblins and kobolds receive bigger non-binocular vision arc for harder stealth.
- Megabeasts get legendary discipline, NOFEAR and NOPAIN, semimegabeasts get high discipline.
- Many animals get DISCIPLINE skill.
- A bunch of natural predators get NOFEAR.
- Animalman population is greatly reduced to give space to normal animal spawns.
- Goblins are adventure mode playable now.
- Humans stylize and maintain their hair too.
- Bows and crossbows are weaker.
- Arrows are sharper but slower, bolts are faster/penetrate better.
DF 2016:>>> DOWNLOAD ASCII version <<<>>> DOWNLOAD Phoebus version <<<
DF 2014:>>> DOWNLOAD ASCII version <<<>>> DOWNLOAD Phoebus version <<<