Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 136390 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am going through a period of change in my life, mainly due to 2nd kid, but I wanted to update the original post with a cleaned and updated to 0.43.05 version made by Taffer:

Taffer's update to 0.43.05: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oga3tg77hy79ma/DF%20Wanderer.zip?dl=0
Taffer's merge with Modest mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9ljo6yk88rfl84/Modest%20Wanderer%200.43.05.zip?dl=0

DF WANDERER MOD

Mod Features

Adventure mode crafting:

Most of reactions (besides ammo crafting, trinket carving and a few others) require to build a carpenter's workshop first.
That's a placeholder until Toady allows us to make custom workshops. Then I will go wild with thematic crafting stations :).

You can now harvest "branches" from trees for woodworking.
- Basic crafting: knap stones, assemble basic axe.
- Alchemy: turn megabeast/griffin hearts into arcane catalysts to craft attribute-boosting balms, painkillers and energy pills, make potions of extravision/indefatigability.
- Bonecarving: make bone arrows, bolts, amulets/rings/bracelets/earrings, bow, crutches, breastplate/helm, spear/dagger
- Bookmaking: turn raw skins into quires and scrolls (with sticks). Write down your stories/poems/chronicles. Bind those into books with leather.
- Decorating: decorate items with spikes/rings/bands of bone/horn/large gem/small gem/teeth
- Leatherworking: tan raw skins, craft leather+bone shields, sew backpacks/cloaks/armors/caps/boots
- Breakdown: destroy metal items to get metal chunks.
- Smelting/smithing: forge weapons and armor from metal chunks you get from "breakdown".
- Stoneworking: make stone arrows/bolts from rocks and sticks, as well as trinkets.
- Woodcrafting: make wooden training weapons, bows, figurines, earrings and bracelets.

Body/material modifications:
- Small creatures have weaker body materials, bigger creatures have tougher body materials.
- There are different tiers of skin/chitin/scale, all of them tannable: weak skin, skin, tough skin, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- 6 different appropriate levels of tanned leather: suede, leather, hide, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- Scales are tannable now.
- Fat tissues feel no pain.
- Pain from broken bones is reduced.
- Added healing rates to additional tissues.
- Removed "bone" layer from fingers/toes to reduce pass outs from broken fingers.

Creature modifications:
- Humans, elves, dwarves, goblins and kobolds receive bigger non-binocular vision arc for harder stealth.
- Megabeasts get legendary discipline, NOFEAR and NOPAIN, semimegabeasts get high discipline.
- Many animals get DISCIPLINE skill.
- A bunch of natural predators get NOFEAR.
- Animalman population is greatly reduced to give space to normal animal spawns.

Entity modifications:
- Goblins are adventure mode playable now.
- Humans stylize and maintain their hair too.

Weapon modifications:
- Bows and crossbows are weaker.
- Arrows are sharper but slower, bolts are faster/penetrate better.

Downloads (DFFD):

DF 2016:
>>> DOWNLOAD ASCII version <<<
>>> DOWNLOAD Phoebus version <<<

DF 2014:
>>> DOWNLOAD ASCII version <<<
>>> DOWNLOAD Phoebus version <<<
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:08:34 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been looking for this since DF2014 came out! Downloading now, also posting to watch.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish I could download this but I haven't been able to connect to DFFD since DF got updated.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I wish I could download this but I haven't been able to connect to DFFD since DF got updated.
I'll update the mod shortly and put a mirror for this.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 2
Files: Added graphical version (Phoebus).
Files: Added Mediafire mirrors.
Entity: Goblins are now playable in adventure mode.
Entity: Humans now stylize their hair/beards.
Reactions: Adventurers can cook leaves into salad.
Fix: Leaf to bag process in fort mode leaves seeds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 3
Materials: All scales are tannable now, new SCALE_MATERIALS template for scaled creatures.
Creatures: goblins, dwarves, humans and elves have the same body size, so armor size conflicts are gone..
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creatures: goblins, dwarves, humans and elves have the same body size, so armor size conflicts are gone..

That might kill it for me. That changes combat with them a lot. Is there an easy way to change this back?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That might kill it for me. That changes combat with them a lot. Is there an easy way to change this back?
Yes, go to creatures_standard.txt in raw/objects, go to the creatures you want to change and look for BODY_SIZE. Its probably around 60000 or 70000 in this mod.

Deon, nice work. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile

Maybe an adventurer mode reaction would be useful there, to refit armor (=change it's size), if that's possible. I think I remember that for armor creating reactions it will always make them in the appropriate size, so it would be reactions like generic gauntlet type in, same gauntlet out. That would of course destroy decorations and would not work with artifacts, but that's minor compared to changing the combat by changing the sizes of people.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, you could use any armor to make the same armor again. The reaction would accept oversized/too small armor, and make a regular, fitting armor from it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Maybe an adventurer mode reaction would be useful there, to refit armor (=change it's size), if that's possible. I think I remember that for armor creating reactions it will always make them in the appropriate size, so it would be reactions like generic gauntlet type in, same gauntlet out. That would of course destroy decorations and would not work with artifacts, but that's minor compared to changing the combat by changing the sizes of people.
That sounds like a good idea.

Are the dwarven sites fixed now and store appropriate armor?

Also the original size difference is pretty small combat-wise, I am not sure why are you so concerned about it, but I will change it.
Also it only matters if you play as a human. Dwarves, goblins and elves are all of the same size in vanilla so the combat between them did not change.

P.S. Here's the attack formula: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37546.0
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:40:46 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 4:
- Dwarves, goblins and elves are back to 60k size (from 70k).
- Adventurers can use leather to refit a cap/helm/breastplate/mail shirt/leggings/greaves to appropriate size.
- Non-binocular vision arc of goblins/humans/elves/dwarves/kobolds is increased.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 5:
 Some of the old Genesis features are making it in:

- Small creatures have weaker body materials, bigger creatures have tougher body materials.
- There are different tiers of skin/chitin/scale, all of them tannable: weak skin, skin, tough skin, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- 6 different appropriate levels of tanned leather: suede, leather, hide, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- Leather/wool is standartized. Racoon leather or sea otter leather is now "suede", dog leather or human leather is now "leather"
- The above info means that item names are shorter,  but you actually get different toughness of leather from different creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dasistgutja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Noticed that rock knapping seems to have disappeared.

King Kravoka

Release 5:
 Some of the old Genesis features are making it in:

- Leather/wool is standartized. Racoon leather or sea otter leather is now "suede", dog leather or human leather is now "leather"
- The above info means that item names are shorter,  but you actually get different toughness of leather from different creatures.

Aww. I dislike mods that do this, I don't care if it means improved FPS; the inability to look at your leather and know the fact that you've got trophies from forgotten beasts, dragons and various large predators just makes the game less dwarfy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:44:13 pm by King Kravoka »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25