Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DwarfMockup - a graphical blueprint design tool  (Read 62596 times)

SpoCk0nd0pe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DwarfMockup - a graphical blueprint design tool
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:16 pm »

I just wanted to drop by and thank you for this marvelous tool!

One small thing that could improve ease of use for me: add > and < for changing levels. I'm so used to those keys from DF and Nethack, it would help a lot.

Another small thing is, that I'm somehow unable to remove fortifications. Or am I just too stupid to find the button?

I would be really interested in the designs other people come up with! I will probably start a thread for some design ideas in the near future.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 07:20:19 am »

Great tool fredsen! A fine job indeed. Only a couple of observations:
1- If you included workshops this will be supreme. However one can include them manually to the csv files if so is not that big deal.

2- There's an is issue with designated fortifications, at least for me. Whenever I load the file the designations are gone.

3- Sometimes when I press control+c or control+x to copy or cut, if I press control+c or control+x again before pressing enter the program doesn't come out of the copy/cut mode, and if I press N or M to pass to another mod it crash-exit without promp. That's it, if I press control+c or control+x twice sometimes the applications bugs out. However it doesn't seem to be consistent.

However those are minor issues that don't undermine the great work you have done.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dementia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:34 pm »

Just thought I would let you know that your utility pinged windows defender as malware. It might be the way it reads, writes, or modifies memory objects but I wouldn't know.
https://virustotal.com/en/file/6e126556a8560f36d7883d42bb3607b24b733e321cb35f70fe3238956c2e59ea/analysis/1470023292/
Trojan:Win32/Rundas!plock
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:37:51 pm by dementia »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2016, 07:51:05 am »

Just thought I would let you know that your utility pinged windows defender as malware....
https://bitbucket.org/fredsen/dwarfmockup
Quote from: Fredsen
Important note :

The Avira anti-virus program seems to believe that DwarfMockup.exe is infected with a trojan (TR/Dropper.Gen7). This is a false positive.

I believe it's caused by the OCRA system of embedding a ruby interpreter in one big exe file.

If you do not trust this file, you can always download the whole ruby source and execute with a ruby interpreter.

I guess it also fires up other antiviruses as well. I have been using the program for a few weeks and it seems fine. I scanned it on MacAffe entrerprise and windows defender. I know they aren't the most brilliant on the class but they do the job.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 10:25:30 am »

Although im sure there are other tools out there to do that, what would you think about designating some of these 'sneak-peeks' to be converted into macros? It would be handy to have a 'pop up' base design function drawing upon the macros DF can already do.

NikT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2020, 04:35:52 pm »

Hi Folks,

I tried launched programm, but this utility does not to work in my computer. In general i click on the icon and nothing happens. Can you help me? May be somebebore had similar problem.

Thank you advance!

GandalfTheGreyt3791

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2020, 12:09:07 pm »

does it work on linux?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2021, 04:52:12 am »

I've managed to make contact with the DwarfMockup dev!

First fruits: https://github.com/fredlacave/dwarfmockup

Edit: A new release https://github.com/fredlacave/dwarfmockup/releases/tag/1.4.0
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 04:38:19 pm by clinodev »
Team Bug Fix!

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2021, 10:28:49 pm »

does it work on linux?
It's written in Ruby, so it should. it depends on a few rubygems, which you can install with the gem package manager

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2021, 07:43:41 pm »

@fredsen: the previous version was 1.2.0, and it's still available at https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=9654

Should I presume that future updates will be hosted on GitHub?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]