Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PyLNP with mod merging tab - finished and ready for general use!  (Read 24163 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP with mod merging tab - functional beta!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 02:22:24 pm »

@lethosor: I tested (compiled) on 10.9 and 10.7 with homebrewed python 2.7 and tk 8.6.1, compiled with 'deployment target=10.6'. Due to my incompetence I couldn't get ActiveTCl working, and system default doesn't work packaged. Macports has it's own problems...
I tried a lot of different configurations, recompiled umpteen times, but the verdict is the same: stay away from tk. :( Pillow at least works across all osx versions except on 10.9, but at least it doesn't crash when not. Might be a good idea to look in PyQT as Dricus recommended.

That's when you want to distribute a standalone .app. It's possible to wrap the scripts with Platypus and rely on system libraries, but that's a different story.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 02:49:02 pm »

Pillow at least works across all osx versions except on 10.9, but at least it doesn't crash when not.

For the record: If you compiled against Tk 8.6, you don't need Pillow/PIL at all for PyLNP - PNGs work natively, so you get the full experience (proper banner image) even without it.

It will, however, still *default* to using Pillow/PIL if it's available. I should probably change that as part of the stuff I'm currently working on...

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 03:00:57 pm »

-

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »

For the record: If you compiled against Tk 8.6, you don't need Pillow/PIL at all for PyLNP - PNGs work natively, so you get the full experience (proper banner image) even without it.
It will, however, still *default* to using Pillow/PIL if it's available. I should probably change that as part of the stuff I'm currently working on...
Only compiling -without tk- works, and .png-s are missing on 10.9 for some reason, even though Pillow install confirms png support, and it works on 10.6. strange. at least the gui works, and that's something. :)
/sry for the double post

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PyLNP with mod merging tab - finished and ready for general use!
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/PyLNP-plus-mods/releases/tag/v0.5

Great news everyone - version 0.5 is up, and with that I've got all the important features ticked off (and several others too).  I'd encourage everyone with Python installed to take it for a spin and report back - with your favourite mods!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 12:23:57 pm »

PE this is Awesome,  good work.

a question tho, Does Pidgeot mind the source being forked/hosted github like this?

Also I am having some trouble configuring the utilities folders on linux. It auto-detects the .sh / jar files of all the lib jars. Is there a way right now that I can narrow down the listed items that show up in utilities? I will be x-posting this question in the 0.6 thread of PyLNP.

Pidgeot learned me, include.txt and exclude.txt, pretty awesome
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:40:59 pm by Beautato »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

a question tho, Does Pidgeot mind the source being forked/hosted github like this?

It was my suggestion actually, until we reach a point where the code is stable and properly adapted to the overall PyLNP structure. Once it does, we'll look at merging it in to the main development branch.

Besides, I wrote the UI for this, so that alone should tell you it isn't a problem :P

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 12:48:03 pm »

It was my suggestion actually, until we reach a point where the code is stable and properly adapted to the overall PyLNP structure. Once it does, we'll look at merging it in to the main development branch.

Besides, I wrote the UI for this, so that alone should tell you it isn't a problem :P

loving it. You guys are great.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »

*the project shudders and begins to move*

I'm starting to have some free time again, so something might happen around here.  I'm currently looking at a refactor to allow easy application of the same reduced format to graphics packs, and then later we can see about combining them with mods too. 
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 04:46:20 am »

So I should probably post here - the mods tab has been completed, and PyLNP v0.9 includes it.  While this isn't the end of the story, and I've already had another pull merged with some bugfixes and polish, the best place for further discussion is the PyLNP thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140808

The current status is:
  • Multiple mods can be merged together, with background shading of the list to indicate compatibility
  • Graphics packs can be used with mods - even changing most modded saves by rebuilding the logged combination (and skipping saves where this fails)
  • Can extract changes distinct from logged mods to a new mod folder, to eg get content from a save
  • Mods handle all text files in "raw/*" and "data/speech/*", so all mods should be compatible
  • Mods and graphics packs are stored in reduced raw format; vanilla files are discarded and missing files are assumed to be vanilla.
    • If you need to *really* delete a file, delete the contents rather than the file - the "simplify mods" function does this if more than ten vanilla files are deleted to simplify that mod, since that's a proxy for 'the raw folder was not reduced'.
  • Getting more content - ie mods updating to DF 40.24 - is just a matter of time
  • What we *really* need is to push hard on the distribution format of a proper raw structure.  Reduced, full folder, or complete install doesn't matter - but getting that out in the modding community is crucial to letting new players add mods themselves
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 [2]