Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 74918 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #555 on: March 12, 2015, 02:33:55 am »

((Remember you have the stims. It might be the best time to make use of them since it's an all or nothing situation.))

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"Destroy those robots, I'll try to do my part. If we can make them stop firing you can blow them all with conventional means to try and not screw the cover completely."

Spoiler: Huge Action (click to show/hide)

D'usse - Getaway Driver - Inside Van

Drive as requested from the people in the van. Swerve if needed, but if not going crazy would be better to prevent them from screwing any of their actions, do so.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:43:43 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #556 on: March 12, 2015, 12:41:15 pm »

On it. Bots first, concerned about a dead-man's switch on the box.

Access and lockup the gunner bots. Make sure they cannot fire, then that they cannot move.
Look for a self destruct mechanism. If I find one and can't seem to lock them up, trigger it.

After bots are 'safe' (one way or the other), access the broadcasting box. Confirm that no data is on it, and that it is coming from the bank still, then halt the signal.

[6+1+1]

Well.

From the perspective of the van it's hard to say exactly what Skylar did. The only one who had even a peripheral view of the apartment's front was D'usse. What she saw, out of the corner of one eye, was a sort of invisible shockwave; a shockwave that could only be followed by the effects it was causing. Antennae arced, streetlights went out, car alarms squealed and then cut suddenly. Before she could do anything, the wave passed over the street and the van.  D'usse feels a sharp pain in her head but shakes it off, blinking tears out of her eyes. The car's lights go out and the engine dies, leaving the van coasting forward. Mike and Thaddeus both collapse in violent seizures, blood pouring from their noses and ears, and Ulrich spasms hard enough to crack his head on the van's interior, but snaps out of it a moment later.  All the pipebombs beep and activate.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 12, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Van

"Urgh... Payment is better be worth of all this shit..."

Throw all bombs out of the van at the gunnerbots. That done get into frontseats if I can without going outside. Prepare for incoming explosion.
Also disable the jammer.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:00:06 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 12, 2015, 03:55:24 pm »

Roll END and/or WILL to not die/snap out of it?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 12, 2015, 08:22:27 pm »

Power through the pain/seizures!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 13, 2015, 12:34:29 am »

It's hard to tell exactly what happened, but rather easy to pinpoint the most likely source. "What did you do?" Milno asks Skylar before trying to contact the people in the van. "You alive?" He registered the whole thing seemed something magnetic, or electric, or electronic, or whatever tech-term applied to the situation. Their van hadn't been obviously damaged by the shockwave so the problem was probably internal. They'd probably need the other car.

Get a description of surroundings and current scenario: can I still hear sirens or see any sign of the private security/whatever it was coming? Are all the gunner bots out? If gunnerbots are just stunned or under a similar effect instead of obviously out of combat, pop a will stim and concentrate on their gauss weaponry's frail bits (dynamic?).

If it seems there's currently nothing to shoot or take immediate care of, and anyone confirms the van's dead, quickly stuff necessary items in a backpack or two (the rifle, gauntlet, tranq pistol and body armor too if possible) and go check on our second car. Get it to whatever remains of the gunnerbot vs van scene.

If there's access to the back of the van between the seats or something (which I suppose there is): help Ulrich toss the bombs out of the van and onto the gunnerbots. If there's time also take the target and put it somewhere with more protection from the incoming explosion/have Ulrich do that. Also try to start the car away and drive away from the pipe bomb explosion. Confirm the van is dead if it doesn't work.

If there isn't access to the back except for getting out and going to the back (which I suppose would take too long, correct me if I'm wrong): get out of the van and a little distance away since I'm not killing TCM's character.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 13, 2015, 04:08:08 am »

Something overblown... I think I just disabled everything, I'm not sure if the jammer is working anymore... or their comms... or their implants. You probably need to get down there, now. Their van might be dead as well... Checking on the gunnerbots now, reporting when I know their status.

Briefly check the computer for damage, then scout the area, particularly the gunnerbots and the Smith building. Is anything still online?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #562 on: March 13, 2015, 11:37:08 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Van

"Urgh... Payment is better be worth of all this shit..."

Throw all bombs out of the van at the gunnerbots. That done get into frontseats if I can without going outside. Prepare for incoming explosion.
Also disable the jammer.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

I hope you've got good dex. Ooo A natural 5. Pretty good. Too bad the strength roll isn't anywhere near as good.

You grab the bag of explosives, kick the back doors open and hurl it maybe 10 feet away from the van.

"Fuck."

You slam the doors shut and curl up in the corner, putting as much junk and teammates between you and the bombs as possible.

Roll END and/or WILL to not die/snap out of it?
Don't worry, you'll be rolling end here real soon.

Power through the pain/seizures!
Nice try. Skylar caused brain damage with that one, so don't think you're gonna end roll through it. Oh and you and Lobster are getting less points on level up. Technically I should just drain stat points from your int and will, but I figure this way is better.

Something overblown... I think I just disabled everything, I'm not sure if the jammer is working anymore... or their comms... or their implants. You probably need to get down there, now. Their van might be dead as well... Checking on the gunnerbots now, reporting when I know their status.

Briefly check the computer for damage, then scout the area, particularly the gunnerbots and the Smith building. Is anything still online?
The computer has shut down. It seems to have overheated.

It's hard to tell exactly what happened, but rather easy to pinpoint the most likely source. "What did you do?" Milno asks Skylar before trying to contact the people in the van. "You alive?" He registered the whole thing seemed something magnetic, or electric, or electronic, or whatever tech-term applied to the situation. Their van hadn't been obviously damaged by the shockwave so the problem was probably internal. They'd probably need the other car.

Get a description of surroundings and current scenario: can I still hear sirens or see any sign of the private security/whatever it was coming? Are all the gunner bots out? If gunnerbots are just stunned or under a similar effect instead of obviously out of combat, pop a will stim and concentrate on their gauss weaponry's frail bits (dynamic?).

If it seems there's currently nothing to shoot or take immediate care of, and anyone confirms the van's dead, quickly stuff necessary items in a backpack or two (the rifle, gauntlet, tranq pistol and body armor too if possible) and go check on our second car. Get it to whatever remains of the gunnerbot vs van scene.

If there's access to the back of the van between the seats or something (which I suppose there is): help Ulrich toss the bombs out of the van and onto the gunnerbots. If there's time also take the target and put it somewhere with more protection from the incoming explosion/have Ulrich do that. Also try to start the car away and drive away from the pipe bomb explosion. Confirm the van is dead if it doesn't work.

If there isn't access to the back except for getting out and going to the back (which I suppose would take too long, correct me if I'm wrong): get out of the van and a little distance away since I'm not killing TCM's character.

No, the street is pretty dead. There's no lights, no sounds, nothing. The gunnerbots are all just laying there, smoking. You're pretty sure they're dead. Electronics don't function too well after the blue smoke escapes.

You grab your gear and run downstairs while strapping a bulletproof vest on. The area is empty as you jump into the car. You're about to back it out when you hear the bang.

D'usse can't get into the back without getting out of the van (the driver's compartment has no connection to the back) so we'll have her do what she can. She confirms the van is dead and promptly hightails it over to the nearest storefront and hucks herself through the window.

The bombs go off a few seconds later; the combined blast is enough to lift the van off it's back wheels and flip it over, as well as shattering every in the area and spraying the place with shrapnel.

D'usse escapes completely uninjured, shielded by the store. Michael is dead. Dead dead. He caught a piece of shrapnel straight through the van and into this head. Nothing poetic or poignant about it. Just dead. Thad has some minor injuries, lacerations and burst ear drums, but he'll live. Ulrich took several pieces of jagged metal to the chest and gut, so he's dead but not in a permanent fashion.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 13, 2015, 03:04:56 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Second Car

Milno hears the bang and contacts Sky as he gets the car going. "Ask S if we should bring any corpses with us or leave them behind after cleaning up any sign of our affiliation according to his instructions - I suppose the implant makes it obvious it was us if they find it - and also if creating some false registers for the blood and ID of any bodies we leave here may help us gain some time to use the info and salvage something out of this mission." The operative groans as the mess comes into sight. "Don't leave behind anything that may take them to us."

Ask Steve about the above mentioned things. Get car to the location of the fuckup - preferentially on the opposite side in relation to where the sirens were coming fom - and start getting the wounded and temp-dead into the car, as well as securing the backpack with the target - it was shielded by Ulrich's squishy body, at the very least. Also get weapons, any remaining explosives and anything that can take to ARM.

Get some of the intact or mostly-intact loot into the car's trunk too and after we are done with things and ready to get away, cause some more "normal-looking" damage to the gunnerbots via rifle, pistols and MP5. Cancel these actions if Steve says trying to keep up with the appearances is useless by now.

D'usse - Ex-Getaway Driver - Out of Van

Help Milno.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:15:26 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 13, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »

((Less points on level up is fine with me))

Um...roll END to wake up?

If already awake/a good END roll, yell a bit, realize I'm (temporarily) deaf and start helping Milno and D'usse with moving stuff/people. Otherwise just lay there and dream.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:26:14 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 13, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »

Alright, packing up here. Let me know if you need help recovering the remains.

Steve, we may have dead here. How much should we cleanup, and how much can records be adjusted?

Chat with Steve while cleaning the apartment.
Begin god-machine cleanup procedure: make sure I have pictures of the device, extract the device storage, then setup the small charges.

Fill backpack with left over goodies that could lead to ARM, then legal-to-carry goodies, grab the communicator, try and remember if any of the public transit is all-hours.
Radio Milno when setup to leave, then leave the apartment and detonate. Check the damage, then head for the lobby.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:09:53 am by Kriellya »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »

((Less points on level up is fine with me))

Um...roll END to wake up?

If already awake/a good END roll, yell a bit, realize I'm (temporarily) deaf and start helping Milno and D'usse with moving stuff/people. Otherwise just lay there and dream.

You're semi-concious, injured, dazed and overall quite unhappy. You think you could walk if you had someone to carry most of the weight. Maybe.

Alright, packing up here. Let me know if you need help recovering the remains.

Steve, we may have dead here. How much should we cleanup, and how much can records be adjusted?

Chat with Steve while cleaning the apartment.
Begin god-machine cleanup procedure: make sure I have pictures of the device, extract the device storage, then setup the small charges.

Fill backpack with left over goodies that could lead to ARM, then legal-to-carry goodies, grab the communicator, try and remember if any of the public transit is all-hours.
Radio Milno when setup to leave, then leave the apartment and detonate. Check the damage, then head for the lobby.

>Take the dead if you can, even if they're permanently dead. If you can't, burn them, or something similar. The less evidence the better.

I can destroy the implant- though doing that leaves a distinct wound- but they could still use DNA to trace them back to us. I'm uncertain how well I could cover it up; depends on who gets hold of it and their level of network connection.

You take pictures of the machine and extract the key bits before randomly smashing up the rest. You start packing up the rest of your stuff. (we're going kinda slow in terms of in game time since I assume that packing up all this would take more then like 2 minutes)

Milno hears the bang and contacts Sky as he gets the car going. "Ask S if we should bring any corpses with us or leave them behind after cleaning up any sign of our affiliation according to his instructions - I suppose the implant makes it obvious it was us if they find it - and also if creating some false registers for the blood and ID of any bodies we leave here may help us gain some time to use the info and salvage something out of this mission." The operative groans as the mess comes into sight. "Don't leave behind anything that may take them to us."

Ask Steve about the above mentioned things. Get car to the location of the fuckup - preferentially on the opposite side in relation to where the sirens were coming fom - and start getting the wounded and temp-dead into the car, as well as securing the backpack with the target - it was shielded by Ulrich's squishy body, at the very least. Also get weapons, any remaining explosives and anything that can take to ARM.

Get some of the intact or mostly-intact loot into the car's trunk too and after we are done with things and ready to get away, cause some more "normal-looking" damage to the gunnerbots via rifle, pistols and MP5. Cancel these actions if Steve says trying to keep up with the appearances is useless by now.

D'usse - Ex-Getaway Driver - Out of Van

Help Milno.
Milno and D'usse help Thad over to the backseat of the car before dragging the corpses of Mike and Ulrich over and tossing them into the trunk. D'usse transfers the bags, including the target, to the car while Milno does his best to fabricate the scene by shooting the gunner bots a few times.

>They may have recorded the incident. It is probably best to tear out or destroy their central processors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 15, 2015, 10:35:53 pm »

Eh...shout encouraging words to the rest of the team. Or blow spit bubbles. Either works really.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 16, 2015, 03:32:16 am »

Steve says bring them if we can, cleanse whatever we can't with fire otherwise. I'm done with the computer, finishing the other packing.

Finish packing, radio Milno and head to lobby when done.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 16, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »

"Damn."

Check how much damage the pipe bombs caused to the gunnerbots and whether we have any more explosives. Shoot up processors as oriented by Steve in case Milno has no idea where they are and make sure they're destroyed. In case we still have explosives and my explosive-setting training applies, use those to help detonating the processors.

D'usse - Ex-Getaway Driver - Second Car

Keep helping Milno.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40