Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 439485 times)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2015, 07:07:10 pm »

I've found a few things:

- You can get masterwork items from the caravan, but it's incredibly rare - I just saw this after about 3 months of near-daily play.

- The Animal Caretaker may have a use after all!  I kept seeing one with the give food/water labors on, and thought "that's odd, I don't think anybody is hurt or imprisoned".  I followed them, and they seemed to be bringing food and water to either a caged yak or a giant wild boar (both were in the same tile).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »

Sensory nerve damage appear to not be debilitating anymore. WHile this was in adventure mode, where I suffered sensory nerve damage to my leg, I didn't need a crutch after the wound had healed. This leads me to believe such injuries are no longer lumped together with motor nerves in either mode.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2015, 11:52:03 pm »

Apparently dwarves who are "put off by authority and tradition" actually get an unhappy thought if they talk to nobles. That's... potentially troublesome.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2015, 04:51:10 am »

In that case, here's hoping that a future update makes it possible to declare yourself a republic or something.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:55 pm »

Apparently dwarves who are "put off by authority and tradition" actually get an unhappy thought if they talk to nobles. That's... potentially troublesome.
"Aw damn, the man just told me to calm down, who does he think he is?"
"The mayor? The guy who's job it is to make sure nobody goes berserk?"
"Man, fuck that"
*Urist McAnarchist has gone berserk*

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2015, 08:26:31 pm »

"Aw damn, the man just told me to calm down, who does he think he is?"
"The mayor? The guy who's job it is to make sure nobody goes berserk?"
"Man, fuck that"
*Urist McAnarchist has gone berserk*

Think by nobels the game means barons and such. The Mayor's an elected official, not nobility.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2015, 08:39:09 pm »

Nope. The person with the unhappy thought was a child in the first migrant wave, who passed by the expedition leader. About as low a noble as they come. The description was something to the effect of "was annoyed to be forced to speak to a pillar of society."

Granted, it's possible that they're just really annoyed at talking to one of the Starting Seven, but that seems excessively arbitrary.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »

That... That is different. Usually my dwarves who dislike tradition just get bent out of shape because they had to talk to the baron, duke, or whatever. Maybe now it looks at them as either nobles (for the put off by tradition thing,) or authority figures in general outside the military (put off by authority/) Or maybe them too?

I feel this needs some sciencing, but I'm pretty sure at least the militia isn't counted. Can't speak for the Fortress Guard though.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2015, 12:27:33 am »

No, its been a thing for as long as Ive played that dwarves with extreme 'tradition' values get either positive or negative feelings about talking to anyone on the 'n' screen.

Just like dwarves with extreme values for altruism get positive or negative thoughts for giving food or drink or rescuing sombody.

EDIT:  dont think militia captains count, but the commander does.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:29:44 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:29 am »

So you know how fliers sometimes get stuck in the air?  Well, I've noticed that sometimes, two of them will get stuck together.

When I checked, so far these two have been invariably one male and one female.

When I looked at gui/gm-editor on DFHack for the first time, both the females had a pregnancy timer counting down.

The best part?  The creatures that are "stuck" together are canine.  If you'll excuse me, I'll be over here tittering madly.

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:53 am »

Yup, thanks for that.
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2015, 04:25:40 am »

It is possible to remove the brook surface from the edge map tiles.
1. Build a floor over them.
2. Deconstruct floor.
3. Cause a cave in over them.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2015, 06:22:39 am »

Yup, thanks for that.
This asked to be sigged.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2015, 03:16:18 pm »

I agree, it's a good one for a sig.

You can make that quote into a link, if you want it to be a link, by making it say:
"quote author=Elf Lover link=topic=145317.msg5931675#msg5931675 date=1420549433"
instead of just quote.
That said, it does take up more character space. But it leads to less people wondering what an earth it's about.

It's interesting to know that magma crabs come in male and female. I wonder if it's possible to domesticate and farm them just like any other animal.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »

If they have any variation of the [TRAINABLE] tag they can be tamed if I'm not mistaken.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 148