Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never seen the child snactchers  (Read 2122 times)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Never seen the child snactchers
« on: December 14, 2014, 03:54:18 am »

In the few months I've been playing, I've only played fortress mode (well, I did adventurer twice just to see and gave up right away due to the amount of info I had to learn just to move, had enough on my plate learning fortress mode!) and I have never once gotten the child snactcher message or attempt.  I have had the kobold thief but it only pops when they get discovered by someone or animals, never once have they stolen anything.   

Goblins only seige me, never attempt to steal babies.  Do they just not do that to players and its only a history/world thing now?
I thought for sure by now I would at least see the kidnapper popup once.  But nay sir, have not.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Never seen the child snactchers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:12:24 am »

I haven't hear anything about it not happening anymore.

It probably has more to do with the changes made to sneaking, and it generally being easier to spot (and scare off) anything trying to sneak close enough to your fort to toss a child in a sack.

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:55:59 am »

There've been some threads a while back where people have claimed that since the new army movement and all that is in, they've never seen any ambushes/babysnatchers.  Some people don't even see sieges until a couple of years/decades into a fort's life.

You might be able to find more details via search or the bug tracker.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:57:55 am »

There've been some threads a while back where people have claimed that since the new army movement and all that is in, they've never seen any ambushes/babysnatchers.  Some people don't even see sieges until a couple of years/decades into a fort's life.

I see them in adventurer mode.  They even say they're going to town/hamlet/hillocks to liberate children.  :|
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »

I see them in adventurer mode.  They even say they're going to town/hamlet/hillocks to liberate children.  :|
They actually say "liberate"?
That's awesome!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »

Yeah this is why I was asking about it.   Ijust started playing adventure mode and am using my last generated world and fort and the NPC's def have had to deal with kidnappings.  None at my fort though and really what bothered me was I've been playing for a few months of real time, so it's not like I've never given the goblins any chance to try.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »

Yeah this is why I was asking about it.   Ijust started playing adventure mode and am using my last generated world and fort and the NPC's def have had to deal with kidnappings.  None at my fort though and really what bothered me was I've been playing for a few months of real time, so it's not like I've never given the goblins any chance to try.
Maybe the fort is too poor to interest the gobbos? I don't know.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 01:53:40 pm »

I think its a legit bug, no parasites in player forts.  Im choosing my first fully-invested fort for 40.19 now, and Ill see.  I gave kobolds mischievous, so it'll be obvious if they come.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!