Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119787 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Year 1 almost done. :)
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »

Players should play one year. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Beginning of next spring, they upload the save for the next player. vjmdhzgr seems to have no time in RL atm, so he only managed to do 3 seasons instead of 4.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »

Players should play one year. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Beginning of next spring, they upload the save for the next player. vjmdhzgr seems to have no time in RL atm, so he only managed to do 3 seasons instead of 4.

aha, already sent the PM over to Than402.
Sod it, i'll finish up the last season.

Honestly thought i'd already done a Winter :P
Continuing Human Y2.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2014, 05:52:36 pm »

The Hermit - Year 32, Early Ending

Top of the cave-I've added a carpenter's workshop and wood splitting block and removed the wood furnace since the standard smelter can make three charcoal from one wood.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First floor-bedroom, unchanged from previous year.

Second floor-Metalworking, also unchanged except a few more bars of metal.

Third floor-Whole bunch of workbenches and stockpiles. I think I might have changed some of the stockpiles because the hermit kept doing stupid things, but mostly unchanged.

Fourth floor-Zoo, several workbenches and mason's workshop. The north shrine is to Gasis, the south one is to Usen. Gasis is the one with spheres that do things other than slam enemies to the ground so I'd reccomend praying to him more.

Fifth floor-Used to just be a crafts workshop, I've added a mechanics workshop and a few coffins. The lever is linked to one of the two elf cages in the caverns.

Cavern entrance-The elf cages are in the bottom left corner. The entrance itself is the ramps at the top right.

Dead/Missing Screen

Fortress overview screen

File download

I think I got everything, but if there's any questions they need to be asked soon because of aforementioned vacation.
EDIT: The download has been updated with the new, I'm pretty sure working, link.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:44:39 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »

Sorry about that, Winter was mostly uneventful and spent most of it flattening the ground to make wall building easier around the perimeter.
Spring has arrived:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10312

I've asked Than "very nicely" if he can upload a few screenshots seeing i am unable to. I've no idea why i can't :(
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2014, 06:59:11 pm »

What race is the hermit exactly?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »

Hermit race. It is its own civ. Modelled after dwarves.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2014, 08:52:56 pm »

Sorry this took so long, people. I was planning on touching this up before I posted it so it would look better, but I'm four whiskeys into a Christmas Eve party and I don't trust myself to stay away from obscene puns.

Kobolds, Year One (Summer/Autumn/Winter)

Asmoth’s Journal, 5th of Hematite

I’ve gotten Habobi to dig a small well so that we’ll still have access to water even if we get cut off from the river for whatever reason. It should also stop the others from drinking out of the pools of stagnant rainwater lying around. Just because everyone else thinks we’re scum doesn’t mean we have to act the part.

13th of Hematite

We’ve blocked up the path from our cave into the underground caverns. It should prevent evil forces murdering us all.

1st of Malachite

... I didn’t know kingsnakes are amphibious. Perhaps they’re just weird.

10th of Malachite

Some migrants have arrived, bringing with them a honey badger, a honey badger man and a giant honey badger. As a bonus for getting three of a kind, the gods granted us a protector, a young ogre by the name of Habins Enabobim. He’s already taken a liking to one of the migrants, carrying her around like a cubbold would a piece of loot.

13th of Malachite

Jenebi, our ogre friend, has been insisting that we build a home for Habins, but we need rock blocks for such a thing. I’ve asked Habobi to try digging some, but he doesn’t think it’s possible with a wooden shovel. We’ll think of something. In the meantime, I’ve sent a few of the migrants fishing. As long as the kingsnakes don’t learn how to swim suddenly, they should be fine.

3rd of Galena

Ins Oneldhim, our Doer of Various Things, told me that he wants to start counting our shinies now. I pointed out that we don’t have any shinies, since we haven’t acquired any from people with no further use for them yet, but apparently if he verifies that we have no shinies at the moment, he can extrapolate how many shinies we will have at any given point in the future. I have no understanding of such witchery, so I left him to it.

19th of Galena

Some merchants arrived. One of their guards even killed a bobcat for us. Yum!

4th of Limestone

We’ve set up a small hospital deeper inside the caves. Well, I say set up. It’s more like I’ve told people where things are eventually going to be set up once we get enough time, presuming we haven’t all been killed.

9th of Limestone

Gah! Damn dirty monkeys have invaded our home. They’ve killed the baby toad that the migrants brought with them, which I was hoping would be a good source of poison in the future. Since our military currently numbers one, I have some doubts about if we can drive them off without aid from the merchants.

12th of Limestone

The langurs have been successfully eradicated, with aid from our merchant friends. Our marshal, Enteba, performed admirably as well, personally killing one of the monkeys. A pair of the langurs managed to slip past her and the merchants, killing some newborn jackrats and one adult, but our giant honey badger savaged both of them. In thanks, we purchased a mate for him from the merchants. Thanks to the langurs, we probably have enough food for quite a while.

20th of Limestone

More migrants have arrived, bringing a fisher gremlin and another toad with them.

1st of Sandstone

One of the migrants, a pup called Shonobi, has taken over my workshop and is demanding stone. We’ve made a new shovel, and hopefully Habobi will be able to manage to get something with it. If not, we may need to use it to put the pup down.

9th of Sandstone

Habobi managed to knock down a few bits of rock, which Shonobi seems to be satisfied with. This has also resulted in a new entrance for our cave, so I’ve had the old one sealed to prevent invaders taking advantage of it.

14th of Sandstone

Shonobi has created Helpedcontained the Diversion of Competing, a gneiss amulet. A very gneiss amulet indeed, if I may say so.

20th of Sandstone

The carpenters have begun creating a fence around the cave to ward off attackers and monkeys. Mostly monkeys, to be honest. Any of the big races that want to get in and kill us will probably just set fire to the fence, but it’s better than nothing, I hope.

13th of Timber

We can probably ensure self sufficiency in food at this point, but I worry about what will happen should the river freeze over. It may be worth re-opening the caverns if this happens, though we could probably survive by juicing some plants instead.

26th of Timber

Ins, our hoardcounter, tells me that he’s finished counting all of our bits and pieces. He seems to have written his results down in a book like this one, though I lack the knowledge to decipher his scratchings.

13th of Moonstone

A damned succubus tried to sneak into camp today and make off with a child. Once she saw we have none, she fled the cave without killing anyone.

14th of Opal

A group of leprechauns started hanging around outside the fence, but Enteba managed to kill them all.

1st of Obsidian

The great god Shabo appeared to me in a dream last night. “Asmoth,” he said, “You must learn to become a kick-ass bear.” He vanished before I had time to ask his meaning. I shall have to embark on a spirit quest to discover my purpose.

28th of Obsidian

I may be meditating for a long time on my quest for enlightenment, so I have decided to pass the leadership of the cave onto another.

Final picture of the inner camp:

Kobold Year 2[/color]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:55:00 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2014, 09:43:00 pm »

Log of Zatalatgothra, Summer year 31

Work continues, slowly transforming this unassuming meadow into a proper stronghold.  Workshops are a bit scattered right now, with everything feeding from the central stockpile.  I'll leave proper organization to my successor, as my goal right now is to establish as much basic infrastructure as Orcly possible.  We have enough charcoal now to begin purifying the copper ore, and our single anvil has been given to a Metalsmith Forge.  We have attracted a small band of of wandering Orcs, all of whom are eager to join our clan.  One of them even brought a pair of Squig pups! (basically the Orcish version of Boars.  Once we establish a herd, dinner will be bacon every night :D)  As we get them settled, a few Dire Wolves take this down time to play in the muddy cavern of our soon to be farm ::)

Seems that Nature did not appreciate my previous assertions.  We were simultaneously assaulted by Corpse Grubs, a Kobold Thief, Badger Boar, and a Giant Beetle.  We managed to fend them off, but our Wolves are not in the best of shape.  Fortunately one of them birthed a pup recently, but I fear we may lose half the pack during Winter.  Even if they survive, I don't know if the 2 wounded ones are in any condition for breeding.
In light of our dwindling Wolf strength, one especially large Orc says he has significant experience swinging a blade, and is summarily drafted into a 1-Orc militia.

During all this, it is finally brought to my attention that our Liaison has arrived, and the merchants can't figure how to cart everything down the mountain.  A depot is hastily constructed from spare marble and sandstone, with armful of rough gems and assorted goods being dropped off.  Figures that our first contact would be the novice traders, no experience in the real world.  They fumble about atop the mountain, ultimately deciding that climbing down a few ramps is far too dangerous >:(

The Liaison leaves with nothing but pleasantries and a contract.  If there wasn't so much work to be done, I'd strap him to the next Caravanserai Longboat myself.  As it stands, we're in for a rough Winter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: So yeah, nature decided to pay us a visit.  Niths are all dead, but I actually miss them as an easy fight, lol.  The Kobold Thief had a golden dagger and did a number on one of the Wolves before I was able to organize a response.  Both friend and foe seem to enjoy coming from the southern edge of the map, effectively the crest of the mountain.  No clue why the traders were unable to use ramps, but we might have to make some early expansions to secure a route.  At least we're in no danger of starving, which is a nice change for me.  Morale remains average, due to 'same old booze' & 'stale water' thoughts.  Orcs have yet to lose anyone, but if the river freezes during Winter, we're gonna be in trouble.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:44:34 pm by Immortal-D »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2014, 04:56:37 am »

Very annoying that i can't screenshot, tried a few different things but i'm not getting anywhere and usually in my writeups i add quite a few, so really a bummer.

On windows try greenshot : http://getgreenshot.org/

It override the printscreen button with a easier behaviour.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2014, 08:02:02 am »

Can I play in? I'd love to play as gnomes, or maybe humans. :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:15:43 am by lcy03406 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2014, 08:16:27 am »

Can I play in? I want to play as gnomes, or maybe humans for the third year. :D
Sure. I added you for the Gnomes in Year 3. :)

I updated the first post with links to all story posts.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gnome year 2 : Spring

Getting Started

The gnomes are in rough shape.  Only six of us have survived.  We lack almost all types of metal goods, and don't have the equipment on hand to produce an arc furnace.  Malachite is being tossed ore and all into the smelter and this is incredibly inefficient.

We also lack a Seismic Telegraph, a well, and defenses.

And to top it all off, the hall-ways of level 100 (the entrance) and level 101 don't stack.

Trading
I off loaded the robes and shirts of various dead gnomes in exchange for rope, a river otter, a rattlesnake and miscellaneous plants.  I've asked the merchant to bring back crates of every type of supply next year.

Forgotten Goods!
There was a crate of geological supplies at the top of the hill.  Inside was a heavy brass piston and two brass oscilloscopes.  Along with the crate was group of anthracite boulders.  Those are being tossed into a smelter for quick coke.

New Construction
The well and Seismic Telegraph are built and I sent a signal out requesting a new caravan.  Work is moving along in creating a tunnel and pump-house that will supply hydroelectric power to the auto-machinery.

What I wouldn't give for another six gnome workers...

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2014, 11:19:40 am »

Humans, Year 3

From the mayor's log of Blockwade, y.33

1st Granite,33

I've been elected as the new caravan leader for the year. That should not be too hard, the city is stable enough. The previous caravan leader has begun a housing project and continued tearing down the hill. I shall keep up the project (we are currenlty sleeping at the hospital which is both unsanitary and unpleasant, given The Jack still receives surgery for his wounds.

What concerns me, though, is the weakness of our defenses. As a sergeant to the city watch (if you can call us that), i have to admit that the condition of our army is terrible: we are only four people armed with copper weapons and armored with leather and copper, and one of us is unable to fight. And aside from some short walls and a few drawbridges, the city lacks any defenses to speak of.

I think i will sell what leather's left and with the money i'm gonna hire a few mercenaries. I'll also build weapon and cage traps. The enemy won't catch us unprepared.

After that, i'm gonna sort out the city: I will move the workshops to the workshop building we have constructed and i shall dig to make more room for stockpiles.

10th Slate,33

The first rooms have been completed. I also have started constructing a tavern.

2nd Hematite,33

The elves arrived. I sold them some tattered clothes and some gems for a mithril bar. As a sergeant and the best warrior in the town, I ve decided to get myself a new spear! I'll also sort out the merchant stalls, the inner walls that currently serve no true purpose and the rest of the worshops.

Also, I've been told that I am skilled enough to become a knight someday! Dame Lalcil, it sounds great.

18th Hematite,33

Since we've become significant enough to have attracted an elven caravan, we had our first election for a mayor. A merchant named Kofi Villagecathedral won, so my rule in Blockwade is over.

28th Hematite,33

Okay, now that I'm a mayor I have to write in this log. Time for some true leadership!

My first order of business will be to establish a merchants' guild chapter in Blockwade. We will then be able to rent room to teachers and foreign merchants, as well as drawing caravans. Also, we've ran into forest imps, but they were spotted before they could do any damage. Also, I'll move the Depot and get on with the housing project.

1st Limestone,33

The human caravan arrived and offered to make us a barony. I accepted and proposed a miner for the position.

21st Limestone,33

Our prosperity has not gone unnoticed. We've caught a snaga that had come to kidnap our children. We must be careful.

20th Timber, 33

Everything is going swimmingly so far, except for the lack of wood. The baroness, however, couldn't wait to finish her appartments and has gone mad. Sigh...

Also, we've got three succubi that tried to infiltrate our town. We've locked them with the orc. Haven't decided what to do with the four of them yet.

1st Granite, 33

Well, the year went by uneventfully.We built a shredder and i prepared the facilities for another guild. Maybe the masons' guild would be a nice addition. Aside from that, I built a few more houses, received migrants and continued the time honored tradition of tearing down the hill.

Blockwade From Above

Blockwade From The Surface

Population/statistics/dead

Blockwade's Artifacts
[/color]

save file is up. note that i used Phoebus (i got it right this time)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10280

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2014, 11:38:11 am »

Year 2 of the Succubus

Spring
I have been given command to bolster our forces at Village Mixeaxeure, Runjack.  My name is Geurare Alourgaslirossacade, with the nickname Thedrah.  I arrived mid Spring with 16 succubus. 

The succubus den is a mess and the last leader, Meph, seems to only focus on smoothing rocks. The den needs some work done as it cannot be left this way, I immediately order new rooms dug.  Then after surveying the area I find plenty of cassiterite and malachite in a few corridors, a good site for metal production, I promptly have the material mined out.  The entering corridor being bland and filled with traps, I plan to replace immediately.  I order the living rock to be mined leaving only the area the rooms in.  After having the living rock smoothed by our.. proficient rock smoother we started to erect our living bridge.  Before we could properly welcome anyone we had a couple ambushes, two by elves and one by humans.  They took the sand stone entrance and were spared to join the den at a later date.  There were a couple incursions with niths and grey langurs, they were mostly taken out by the beasts guarding the entrance or stole from what the goblin caravan lost during the ambush or from what the one fallen elf left.

Summer
With the bridge finished and the mine nearly completed I started on a new entrance for the traders to help keep there casualties low on the east side of the fortress.  Then an area to process the ores into stygian bars.  Still early Summer one of the girls made an artifact olivine quern with pictures of the parties and debauchery we've been having.  To celebrate the artifact and because the girls were complaining of the heat, I ordered the foundation of a shower room to be dug.
Once the mine was done and stygian bars were being made I decided to dig deeper.  Breaching the first cavern I ordered some living rock to be paved for the entrance and 2 bridges to block it.  But that was too late as I sent a scouting party to explore the parts of the cave that were unaccounted for.  The girls encountered a small number of ants, all armed with 3 shields.  Seeing as they had the upper hand we quickly retreated but not without lost.  We lost a total of four of our girls to the ants with a few injured.  Soon after four blind giant moles tried to enter the den but were quickly struck down with the remaining military.  There was also a small skirmish of one frogman but that was quickly over as he didn't run.  Then a wave of seven migrants.

Autumn
Nothing of note happened early Autumn as it was mostly finishing previous projects but that was short lived.  We finished the new trade depot with two bridges and installed a small brothel nearby.  Seeing as the shower was going to be somewhat small I ordered a larger area to be dug for it to accommodate a larger group.  Things were going well until we had a small siege of dwarves.  They stood off some distance, southeast of the fort entrance for some time.  I closed the living rock path in hopes to cage and later convert them.  The operation was successful once they moved in with no physical damage.  Nearing the end of the month we smooth the shower room and built some forges near the smelters.  We had another wave of seven migrants.

Winter
Seeing as the other succubus seem to see me with some disdain most likely from making friends with the ants, one still remains feral, I fear the end of my rule.  In hopes to appease them of a second reign at a later date I set out to finish the projects I planned.  The showers were completed but with some imperfection due to shortsighted digging.  Then the trade depot was properly finished.  One of the girls strangely withdrew from society, I ponder if she seeks to overtake the fort.  I set a small area off to the side of the living stone bridge for corpses and a butcher's shop for when we have house guests for dinner.  Near the end of Winter, I'm confronted by the other succubus saying that I should step down.  Then the one who withdrew stepped forward and commanded that I should.  For what she had was an artifact set of dice.  We came to the agreement that the end of the year shall be the end of my reign.

Conclusion
My ending thoughts are; I didn't convert any foreign member to our den, I didn't conquer the cavern, there wasn't any booze, there wasn't enough parties, there wasn't enough death, the shower room takes a large amount of physical labor and is somewhat inefficient.  The animal stockpile has a nearby den of iniquity for converting the prisoners yet we lack alcohol.  My naivety in military wardrobe led to a weak military.  And with that I relinquish control of Village Mixeaxeure, Runjack.
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2014, 11:50:43 am »

that was fun, sorry it took a little longer than i thought.  i planned a fair bit more on what i would do for the year reign than my usual winging it
the save on dropbox in .zip form: Succubus Year 2

i'd enjoy another turn, kobolds>warlocks for year 3
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43