Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 119790 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Dwarf/Succubi Player wanted for Year3 :)
« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »

How have I not run into this.

PTW and requesting a turn for Kobolds year four.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2014, 05:32:42 pm »

How have I not run into this.

PTW and requesting a turn for Kobolds year four.
Done :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »

if u want, u can have year 3 of the kobolds.  i don't think i'll have much time to play this week
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2014, 07:18:55 pm »

Sounds good, just let me know when you guys know. If you (Arcvasti) want to next turn, I'll switch you two. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2014, 07:35:03 pm »

Oh, the warlocks are already on year 3. Oops. I'll get on that as soon as possible.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »

Gnomes. Winter Year 3.

3rd Obsidian
We were all working for 'the great factory' in the past 2 months, so there are not much to note.
Today 'the great factory' finally produced something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not great at all. But at last we can take a rest.

12th Obsidian
The stray baby forest gryphan has been found dead.
It must be a horrible death. Is it worthy, to put lives in danger, for the progress of technology?
We should pasture all the flying pets.

14th Obsidian
A caravan from Walgodundlandim has arrived. We are hauling rare silk robes to the depot, and also our technology wonder, plastic spikes.

19th Obsidian
The factory spit out this. What the hell?

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:54:58 pm by lcy03406 »

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »

I'm thinking that a gryphon flew into the input somewhere...

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »

Gnomes. End of Year 3.
The entrance. There should be more traps.
The merchants are waiting to trade. I haven't open the conversation.

The working area.
I was planning to throw all the silk into the the infinite decorator loop, to sew them into one piece, instead of making and hauling a lot of robes.

The factory.

The bottom. I'm thinking of automatize the silk farm.

The save file.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10346

My todo list:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:47:51 pm by lcy03406 »

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2014, 12:01:20 am »

May I take the next round of Dwarves?
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2014, 06:12:33 am »

ORCS YEAR 2 SUMMER, AUTUMN, WINTER, SAVE
((Sorry for the low quality after summer and the lack of pictures. Nothing really changed in the fort itself, I did barely any digging or construction and the only real change is that there are more corpses lying around.))

SUMMER
Hematite
How the hell did a falcon get in here? Oh well, at least the warriors killed it quickly enough. Also, the fort's first child has been born to a warrior and a bonesaw - a strong healthy common orcess. Bolugd, our shaman assures me this is a good omen, but I say it'd be more encouraging if the child was an Uruk. In other news, the dumbass frostskald has succumbed to starvation at last, meaning I no longer have to put up with his moping. Construction has begun on a crypt to hold the dead and he will be interred when it's done.

During exploratory digging that found us some old fossils of some past settlement a reptile man came up from the cavern. Though he was quickly dispatched by a wolf, he did heavily injure the beast. Of course the wolf got the prime cuts that night! Another came up later, but the warband cut it down in a second.

Another set of migrants have come, this time however no one stood out except for three new fighters for the common orc warbands and a healer.

Malachite

The armouring of the warbands has begun. The Uruk shall be clad in the traditional lamellar leather, while the common orcs shall have bronze. In total there are now fifteen melee fighters and two snaga archers who have yet to recieve bows.

FUCK ME THE ROACHES ARE BACK.

Alright, all have been killed except one which ran into the cage traps.

Galena
We finally scrounged up enough coin to send out a raiding party - I chose to pick up a goblin so we can get a muckraker digging up peat for us to use as fuel.

The caravan from the clanholds arrived, bringing with them iron, wood and leather. I traded them some of the random crap digging up the fossils got us.

AUTUMN

Limestone

A kobold thief interrupted work, though I ran it down and killed it before it could escape.

One of the artisans has ran off to go make something! Hopefully it won't end like the last one did.

Well he made a wooden cup. By the ancestors, why would he create such a useless thing?

Another kobold thief - another kobold dinner.

One of the fighters has gone missing - he was found at the bottom of the well, the fucking idiot fell in and drowned. We have to dig out a resevoir to drain the water into while we retrieve his body now.

Sandstone

More migrants - gonna need more food. At least we got three more common orc fighters and an Uruk warrior!

Damnit, this is the second party that lazy bastard Immortal-D has organised! He keeps stopping work from getting done, important work!

((Summer and Autumn were really boring.))

Another raid - this time on the elves will hopefully - SHIT.

Timber

A fell beast from the depths of the world has come to lay waste! Ud Stotagun, the towering hairy mayfly, beware it's fire!

I immediately led the warriors down into the cavern to hold it off, while a succubi caravan arrived.

OH SHIT THREE ORCS ARE ALREADY ON FIRE.

Well it's dead. However three orcs lost their lives. We shall remember Ama, Ughorn and Latuurz for their courageous sacrifice.

Huh - the succubi are leaving after one of them killed their own drowspider. Isn't that something.

Well the elves are here to try and kill us.

WINTER

Moonstone

We killed fourteen of the filthy elves, driving back the rest. A few injuries were taken, but on the whole the moonsilver and silver krisses of the bladedancers were not enough to get through bronze and lamellar. Their pathetic root armour is being refitted to provide the unarmoured orcs some more protection.

And a titan's here. Wonderful. Arcanum Gens Inanis, the gigantic three-eyed scarab beetle with the poisonous sting.

Huh. Didn't even kill anyone.

Opal

And ANOTHER FORGOTTEN BEAST. Though this one is an ash blob.

And it only needs to struck once to kill it. Pathetic.

Obsidian

Last stretch!
Yeah nothing happened.

Summary: Pretty much did nothing but fix what Immortal-D left behind. If you want to expand a civilian militia there are makeshift breastplates/helms lying around. The common orc military is equipped with bronze toothed axes as standard while the Uruks are more varied. The hospital works and we have a few healers. Woodcutters/carpenters and miners/masons are set up and we have a few corsairs for raiding purposes. Something weird is going on with the ore/stone stockpiles, nothing is being put into them, maybe look into that. We still have nothing but copper, tin and bronze on the map, but now at least we have some ironbone ones. There is enough coke from the muckraker to supply our current metalworking industry but if you want to do more you will need another couple of clay ovens/muckrakers. Notes have been left around detailing stuff.

Recommendations: begin making damascene weapons, maybe try expanding the archers or using the dreamwalkers we already have.

The save.

Good luck!

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2014, 07:51:11 am »

Just a random question but what are the settings used in this playthrough for Masterwork. for example is hatrder mining on?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2014, 08:25:24 am »

Summary: Pretty much did nothing but fix what Immortal-D left behind.
Gamerlord, you are so diplomatic. :P

Just a random question but what are the settings used in this playthrough for Masterwork. for example is hatrder mining on?
Default settings, the way its set when you download it.

May I take the next round of Dwarves?
Sure, I'll add you to the list.

Edit: Updated the first post with links and stuff, and let Xelanthol and Urist Mc Dwarf know that its their turn for the Hermit and Orcs.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:21:30 am by Meph »

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Succubus Player wanted for Year3 :)
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2014, 12:18:29 pm »

Thank you meph

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »

Long as he didn't touch my personal Artefact Statue, I'm ok :P  p.s. need pics of the glorious Orcs!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2014, 10:49:06 pm »

Yeah, I kicked you out of there and installed the shaman to keep him happy.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43