Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 79628 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.9
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 11:14:56 am »

this mod looks very interesting, does it come prepacked, ie the raws are already placed inside the lastest version of dwarf fortress and hopefully come with ironhand or phoebus graphics? ps, will this mode have manual? Oh and well done goblincookie on all your hardwork.

It does not come prepacked, the raws are simply overwrites of existing raws.  It does not come with any graphic packs already installed, I will probably need to use graphic packs eventually simply because there are so many creatures in the Forgotten Realms universe. 

Much the same with manual. 

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 09:15:48 am »

OKay cool. well good luck sorting out the graphics and the manual. I really enjoyed reading a lot of forgotten realms books when i was young(the drow are awesome), so well done on making this mod.

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 04:16:52 pm »

Heh, I'm glad someone got some use out of that language pack!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 07:48:21 am »

i like the idea, as i like D&D. i'm tracking this :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.0
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 05:45:41 am »

The next version is now out.  I had intended to wait until next DF release to release the next version but I ran across a major problem.  Owing to have [ACCEPTABLE] as opposed to [REQUIRED] under the ethic for killing neutrals fomorians (and the other creatures they share an entity with) were simply allowing adventurers to walk into their dungeons and out with their prisoners; this is now fixed I believe. 

There was also the problem of gremlins not getting enough to eat that has been fixed as well;there should be more gremlins now.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.1
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 08:33:09 am »

It seem that Knight Otu made the same mistake at I did with the fomorians.  Version 1.1 has now been released (very fast) which corrects Carmine Fey and Hobgoblin values so that they will be hostile to visitors too.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.2
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 11:01:42 am »

I have released another version owing to the fact that [BABYSNATCHER] appears not to work properly in non dark fortress civs.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 09:21:06 am »

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
It seems I accidentally overwrote Forgotten Realms Direforged with files from vanilla direforged.  I have now recreated 1.2 with files taken from an old save file from 1.0, so the problem should be fixed now.  Sorry to those who downloaded the latest version, the new version of 1.2 is fixed.
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 05:21:33 pm »

Owing to this bug I discovered that dwarves were destroying their own trading posts in Adventure Mode.  This has forced me to replace [BUILDING_DESTROYER] with [LOCKPICKER], with the additional effect that not only can civilized creatures open locked doors but they are also immune to traps.  I actually consider this a bonus as a fortress will now have to actually mantain a proper army and not rely on a corridor of traps to protect it.

The immediate plans are of course to wait for next release but I intend to do the grunt work of expanding the goverment positions and making more races playable before working on integrating the *other* D&D mod.

Devin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.3
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 02:54:09 pm »

This is awesome!  Thank you so much for making it.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.4
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 11:49:57 am »

Released version 1.4.  The D&D Content pack has now been integrated successfully and dire goblins have been made playable.

The immediate plans are to rest, since I worked flat out yesterday and the day before on this version.  If the release has not happened by next weekend I will get to work on 1.5, which will streamline the D&D pack content, while if it has then I will get to work on updating the mod to the next version and the streamlining will happen during the release of the long-awaiting gnome themed pack which will have it's aluminium extraction, guns and mad hatters making felt using mercury.  :)

I am also confused about how big all the creatures would be in DF Terms, so I want some help on this thread.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:21:36 pm by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.4
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 05:40:34 am »

I have finally managed to release 1.5.  Resizing weapons took a horrific amount of work but after over a week's ceaseless industry I got it done.  Release date seems imminant so I will probably just rest until release, make an updated version for the new DF release and in the process develop the existing files.  Then I can focus upon a new version that will integrate the latest version of Direforged and finally add more content into the game. 

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.5
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 04:32:39 pm »

How do the elves play in this? Are the significantly different than dwarves?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 06:47:41 pm »

How do the elves play in this? Are the significantly different than dwarves?

As different as I could make them.   ;)

To play them you have to find a suitably large tree in order to place workshops and a wood grower on.  You have take some wood with you (this is essential) which you can convert into elfwood at the wood grower if you are making something you want to sell to the other elves.  The workshop should be high up in the tree and make some inside squares on the tree beneath, which you can use to place beds and tables for bedding or dining purposes.  The key thing to produce initially is statues, by placing wooden statues on the higher levels of the trees you can make extra inside spaces on top of the ones already there. 

The main challenge of playing elves is the inside spaces, you treasure these a lot.  As the game progresses however, the initial embark trees get bigger causing them to produce some inside spaces naturally, on top of the ones you unnaturally create using workshops+statues.  This is of course very much welcomed as your elf immigrants start to turn up in a swarm, requiring more and more beds/tables.  Oh and another element of playing elves, take fruit with you and turn them into wine at your still tree; this not only makes you elves happy (they aren't so different from dwarves :) ) but also gives you are ready means to make extra wood. 

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 12:19:28 am »

Sounds really cool. I'm definitely going to try this. So I take it elves can't dig or build constructions then? Are the statues just because they create inside space beneath them?

What kind of weapons should I be looking at? I see a lot of blowguns, heh. And Silver Wood?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:58:17 am by Rekov »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17