Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 805692 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1635 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:41 am »

Atomic nightlights, or oil lamps? Theoretically a cranial flashlight with the joint torsion ratchet would be free.

Cranial flashlight for sure. It consumes very little power, even when left on for long periods of time. Although a semi-sustainable method of generating bionic power[EG: Not Battery or Ethanol] would sort of be required for true convenience.

That sounds like what I want, if not a little hard to find and obtain.

Utility bionics are relatively easy to get from labs, both from butchering zombie scientists and as loot. Although you need decent[I did fine with three] computers skill so as to hack the bionics storage thing without getting shot to death by secubots. Aside from that, if you have something non-conductive to deal with the odd bio-operator, you should be perfectly safe if you remember to peek around all the doorways with your light off to avoid getting killed by turrets.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 12, 2015, 08:20:17 am »

Atomics are the way of the future!

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #1637 on: July 12, 2015, 09:53:49 am »

Hey people,

- I've played a lot of Cataclysm back a few version ago.
- I've played lot of Projetct Zomboid before it was lost and back again.

How they compair today, beside one is turn based and other real time ? Or they can't be in competition together for whatever reason ?

Thanks

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 12, 2015, 10:06:08 am »

Hey people,

How they compair today, beside one is turn based and other real time ? Or they can't be in competition together for whatever reason ?

Thanks

I played some zomboid recently. It only made me want to go play cataclysm instead because theres so much more one can do in cata.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 12, 2015, 10:13:36 am »

I tried a demo of Zomboid a long time ago. The premises have similarities, you're a survivor of a zombie apocalypse with permadeath and item crafting, but even the basics of gameplay differ so much, it and C:DDA can't really be compared.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 12, 2015, 10:46:44 am »

The only thing I don't like about the refugee center is that there's no fridge. I had to drag one from a nearby town.

Modding question: how do I add modded-in buildings to the map generation? It's not automatic, is it?
IIRC once you've made the building itself you need to give it a matching overmap tile defintion in data/json/overmap_terrain.json, and then add it to either data/json/regional_map_settings.json or data/json/overmap_specials.json, depending on what exact type of building it is and how you want it to spawn.

No way to do it in the mod itself? That makes it a little harder to distribute the mod unless - derp - I can add the appropriate entries in the mod folder. I'm mostly done with it, just have to finish with recipies, the building I wanted to add, and *shudder* balance.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 12, 2015, 12:04:56 pm »

Atomic nightlights, or oil lamps? Theoretically a cranial flashlight with the joint torsion ratchet would be free.

Cranial flashlight for sure. It consumes very little power, even when left on for long periods of time. Although a semi-sustainable method of generating bionic power[EG: Not Battery or Ethanol] would sort of be required for true convenience.

Utility bionics are relatively easy to get from labs, both from butchering zombie scientists and as loot. Although you need decent[I did fine with three] computers skill so as to hack the bionics storage thing without getting shot to death by secubots. Aside from that, if you have something non-conductive to deal with the odd bio-operator, you should be perfectly safe if you remember to peek around all the doorways with your light off to avoid getting killed by turrets.
For some reason peeking doesn't work for me. Even when I peek with the lights off the turret gets a burst fire off.

Hey people,

Thanks
Well, zombie has better graphics and is realtime, and catalog has everything else... I hate all survival games now because cataclysm DDA is so good.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 12, 2015, 12:26:44 pm »

Cataclysm, with its vastly superior use of graphics, will run on almost anything that has a CPU. It's also got other features. Full keyboard recommended.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 12, 2015, 12:48:33 pm »

No way to do it in the mod itself? That makes it a little harder to distribute the mod unless - derp - I can add the appropriate entries in the mod folder. I'm mostly done with it, just have to finish with recipies, the building I wanted to add, and *shudder* balance.
You might be able to do it by just overriding the vanilla things with slightly changed duplicates (though that would break pretty quickly). I'm not quite sure if we actually support any good way to edit those particular files through the mod system right now. :-\
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 12, 2015, 03:01:32 pm »

For some reason peeking doesn't work for me. Even when I peek with the lights off the turret gets a burst fire off.

Huh, maybe its changed since the version I played, but the turrets in labs usually gave me a turn's warning by going "Beep-beep-beep!", which is usually enough to close the door and scram[Or shoot them with a gun, if that's your style.]. Not that its foolproof, sometimes the turret was positioned so as to get a shot off at me, but as long as you've got decent head protection and lots of bandages[Which are also found everywhere in labs], it should be survivable. Although the pain would leave you unable to melee bio-operators, which is bad.
Spooky Signature

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 12, 2015, 04:01:53 pm »

By peeking, are you guys talking about using the overly convoluted thing that changes your view to be around the corner while keeping you in the same spot?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:19 pm »

By peeking, are you guys talking about using the overly convoluted thing that changes your view to be around the corner while keeping you in the same spot?

Yes, "X". That's what I'M talking about, at least. Sorry, should have made that clear. Sometimes even that's not safe, since just opening the door puts you in the turret's sights.
Spooky Signature

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 12, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »

I think you can actually peek through the door with X even when closed.  Don't quote me on that though might be thinking windows.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:49 pm »

Yes, "X". That's what I'M talking about, at least. Sorry, should have made that clear. Sometimes even that's not safe, since just opening the door puts you in the turret's sights.
Open them diagnolly with the numpad and then peek.

I think you can actually peek through the door with X even when closed.  Don't quote me on that though might be thinking windows.
Yes that would be windows.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:32 pm »

Open them diagnolly with the numpad and then peek.

Sometimes the hallway/room thingy is weirdly shaped though, and opening the door diagonally means you're right in front of the turret. Usually works fine though.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 451