Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217943 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2015, 02:59:15 pm »

((Was that double post intentional? If it was, I'm going to focus on attacking you after I'm summoned.))
no i'm not sure what's up with this thing double posting
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2015, 03:12:34 pm »

I don't even know if everyone has taken action this turn, but the turn's over now.
End of Turn 7.
score:
Unescargot: 130 cultists, 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 5 cultists in high places, 2 veterans, professional journalist hirelings, has a fortress with malevolent architecture, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, partially gathered dragon blood, host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows "banishing" ritual, 10 inquisitors in high places, 60 inquisitors

Tavern wench: well known, mixed PR, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, inquisitors active
-Crux the mad: nothing

TROG (uninjured): summoned, afflicted with 10 plagues of egypt (10), 75 anarchist cultists, 50 middle aged cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, moderately bad PR, 30 heavily armed inquisitors, inquisitors have explosives, inquisitors activated
-GORT(uninjured): guarding 50 cultists and summoning site
-KONG(uninjured): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned, 175 cultists, 25 armed trained cultists, 75 assassin cultists, has a pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has dragon blood, allies with Rabe via diplomatic power, has weighed Unescargot and TROG, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, has money, 5 slow strong mummy inquisitors

Koshu: 612 cultists, 80 empowered cultists, has a tool shed base with excellent defences, mixed PR, satellite launched, has a few spaceship components, 250 inquisitors, inquisitors activated

Rabe (uninjured): summoned, 375 cultists, has sturdy base, metal recycler and shaper set up, KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, 85 inquisitors

DF CARP: 100 nonfactionated cultists, 220 cultists divided into 3 factions, 10 jester cultists (plane faction), 25 armed cultists (final faction), 10 armored cultists (final faction), 10 depressed cultists (glub faction), has a bunch of fish, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of), has partially gathered dragon blood, destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity, 52 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5

Rosabel: 145 cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists, good PR, has dragon blood, has humanity's sympathy, 172 inquisitors, inquisitors activated

Other: Poison widely available

((Well, down to one Orb of Stalwart, might be time for a little cascade if the ritual gets pulled off fast enough...))

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2015, 03:15:07 pm »

Egypt dude I want to summon kosu then I will help you destroy the orbs of stalwart.
I wish to change my last command in light of that information:125 Cultists+Final faction: Find and steal the last orb of stalwart.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:25:01 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2015, 03:18:46 pm »

Egypt dude I want to summon kosu then I will help you destroy the orbs of stalwart.
You're negotiating with the wrong guy, Trog and Unescargot are the only ones with access to the last orb... In hindsight, you really shouldn't be able to destroy orbs you don't have access to, even if you do attack someone that does...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »

I wish to change my last command in light of that information:125 Cultists: Find and steal the last orb of stalwart.
Maybe you should edit the COMMAND ITSELF instead of this message then

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

ok

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 24, 2015, 03:25:59 pm »

aslandus are there other ways of getting to earth ii mean is it possible?
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 24, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »

((..... oh come on.))

Me: Attack anyone who tries to steal the orb at my fortress door with lightning. If nobody comes, just recruit generics.
30 cultists: Recruit more generics.
80 cultists: Get the blasted Orb of Stalwart at our fortress door inside dangit! ASAP!
5 wealthy cultists: Hire some herbalists, botanists, explorers, and guides (all as one group) to gather dragon's blood and bring it back to our fortress.
5 other wealthy cultists: Secretly fund Koshu's inquisitors, buy them weapons, armor, vehicles, whatnot.
5 politician cultists: Recruit more politicians to join our cult! ((I have a master plan involving politicians and wealthy people.))
Journalist hires: Write negative articles about Koshu's cult!
2 veterans... Talk to some of your veteran buddies and convince them to join our cult.
Anybody I may have missed: Post comments on ihatecarp.com about the carp plague and whatnot.

((I don't trust that banishing ritual... lets test it out on Koshu or carp one of these days.))
((My turn eight.))

There is one way, possibly another: the cascade ritual. If your cult fires off the cascade ritual at the city of Folston, taking several turns, all horrors will be summoned there to do battle. I estimate my chances of winning that at 35%. I also have a "banishing" ritual wish I suspect may do the opposite. Or it may horribly rend whichever horror it is used on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:34:29 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 24, 2015, 03:34:13 pm »

The cascade summons all the horrors to earth, and forces a brawl royale. Are you a bad enough dude to wrestle all these bastards to death in three turns? (also if you don't then the game ends in a draw between the survivors)

No other way by default, though I might let you research one (but using it would definitely have a cost much higher than the default ritual)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 24, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »

Do you need an orb of stalwart to do it? also I edited my command
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:50:42 pm by Evonix »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 24, 2015, 04:03:45 pm »

Do you need an orb of stalwart to do it? also I edited my command
I dunno, research it and I'll make it up, but if nobody cares enough to try then I won't bother to come up with a method...

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2015, 04:21:37 pm »

If things get out of hand, Rosabel may well put that Orb of Storms to good use.

All but 50 cultists: Summon me!
50 cultists: Attempt to begin negotiations with the inquisitors. Don't go out there physically: they're likely to paste you into dust.
Me: Use powers to influence the results of the negotiations in my favour.
thincake

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2015, 05:43:22 pm »

Improve PR.
Cultists: Search for the artifacts.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2015, 08:19:03 pm »

Okay, first of all. we need Trog down first and foremost; he has the lead in terms of firepower...

So we'll just have to fight fire with fire.

50 cultists: Try to summon one of my siblings! If Trogdor wants a fight with the gods, He shall have it! Find the last Orb now!
Me: Give 75 cultists the power of the dead!
75 dudes: If you are currently beings of pure darkness and death, murder Rosabel's cultists! If not, use the money to bribe the military into blowing Trogdor up.
Pew pew crew: Guard the base!
Assassins: Find out how to do the banishing ritual, at all costs. What I am saying is kidnap Unescargot's cultists and torture them until they give information.
50 cultists: If 75 dudes are now using the power of the dead, bribe the military into blowing Trogdor up. If they are not, Recruit people!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:19:22 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2015, 09:38:13 pm »

Turn 8 actions:

Koshu: if at any time Koshu is summoned (or otherwise ends up on or near Earth) grab Rosabel and Rabe (if present) and ascend to at least a kilometer away from the ground. If things have not gone so badly wrong that gaining altitude consumes Koshu's action for the turn, send flaying storms of telekinetic glass, rock and metal at anything that looks both hostile and capable of flight, high jumps or ranged attacks.

80 empowered cultists: research cascade ritual, knowing my luck we will likely need it. If anyone attacks or harrasses you, call the cops.

150 cultists: get dragon blood. Do not eat it.

312 cultists: assist Rabe's 125 cultists and (I think?) Rosabel's all but 50 cultists in stealing the Orb of Stalwart. Then guard the Orb of Stalwart to prevent anyone from destroying it. Alternatively, if Unescargot changes their mind about attacking us, do not bother stealing it and just assist Unescargot, Rabe, and Rosabel in securing and guarding it.

150 cultists: summon me.

Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 121