Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144]

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 351415 times)

Sternenklaren Ritter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #2145 on: January 17, 2022, 11:45:57 pm »

My fort is only about 2 years old but the only mayor it has ever had almost constantly has the thought "He is astonished remembering being re-elected." Meanwhile, my paraplegic legendary engraver is getting used to tragedy every time he drinks; "He feels hopeless after a major injury" because the alcohol slightly injures his lungs (they turn yellow in the body parts list when I check his wounds, which seems to trigger a health check that turns up can't stand=badly injured). His best engravings are masterworks of himself engraving masterworks about chinchillas being butchered.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 18, 2022, 07:23:31 am »

Meanwhile, my paraplegic legendary engraver is getting used to tragedy every time he drinks; ...snip...because the alcohol slightly injures his lungs...snip... His best engravings are masterworks of himself engraving masterworks about chinchillas being butchered.
Love it.
Meanwhile, my paraplegic legendary engraver is getting used to tragedy every time he drinks; ...because the alcohol slightly injures his lungs... His best engravings are masterworks of himself engraving masterworks about chinchillas being butchered.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #2147 on: January 19, 2022, 10:29:30 am »

I...didn't even know this was possible in combat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The million dollar question now is, can this happen to dorfs (and other sentient creatures) as well?
\_(ツ)_/

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 19, 2022, 03:15:25 pm »

Gelding can happen to any mammal other than monotremes (echidna, platypus) and cetaceans (sperm whale, orca, narwhal). The only "civilized" race that cannot be gelded are kobolds because they aren't mammals.
I once managed to geld someone with a bite in adventure mode

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my Invisible, Inc. mods
« Reply #2149 on: January 19, 2022, 04:52:48 pm »

One odd exception to the afforementioned rule regarding mammals are batmen.  Regular and giant bats have geldables, but batfolk do not.

I once managed to geld someone with a bite in adventure mode

You wanna bite me, mate?  How bout you bite deez n-

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 19, 2022, 10:47:55 pm »

It still annoys me that you can't geld roosters/cockerels. Capons (gelded roosters) were a popular food in medieval europe, and even in Roman times.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144]