Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Ice Station WereZebra  (Read 54111 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Station WereZebra
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2015, 12:29:10 am »

sorry things are going so slow
typically enough life intervenes :\ hopefully next season up tomorrow
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2015, 08:26:24 pm »

not to rush you Neblime, but if you could pass on the save before the 27th I would have a higher chance to finish playing on time (I'm moving apartments that day).

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2015, 10:15:34 pm »

Autumn + Winter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I expected goblins, and at first that's what I thought I saw
A band of unusually stunted and poorly dressed human bandits, sent by goblins I am sure, arrived to besiege us.
A trivial  raising of the bridge kept them at bay, and we kept watch from the tower.
Suddenly blood and limbs were flying to and fro, and screams filled my ears
it seems a werellama was trying to sneak in as these humans arrived, but decided the would be just as tasty.
In a fight that left several humans dead and a few crippled for life they finally managed to kill it.
the survivors seemed intent on continuing the siege and stayed for a few weeks
until half of them transformed, that cleared them out pretty quick.

The constant shortage of wood (and resulting shortage of beds) forces us to breach the as yet unsafe part of the caverns.  I joined the freshly drafted troops as we opened the bridge and stepped out into the unknown
As if by reflex I turn and loose a bolt from my crossbow
Crundles!  I will take my revenge for my lost childhood pet guineacock, bomrek, which was unfortunately eaten during one of our adventures into the caves.
I buried him threw him in the refuse stockpile with my own hands, and that's when I first decided to take up a crossbow and hunt crundles.
Of course I was only 8 at the time and had to wait another four years, but still, look at me now, the crundles fear ME
soon enough the redecoration of cavern walls with crundle blood is complete and all entrances are sealed off.
I get a very disturbing report.  No corpse to be found (unless you count the first one), cause of death unknown, but somehow someone sent the message to me that he's "dead"
Apparently even the dead die here.
More convicts arrive, a disturbing number of children among them, I think juvenille delinquency must be on the rise in the mountainhomes.
also disturbing, the number of dwarves choosing to have children in this hellhole.  11 children were born this year alone.

I have decided that being in charge isn't for me, I would rather hone my skills and hunt wild beasts than organize an unruly mob of ungrateful criminals, so I shove a half engraved slab of instructions on some dwarf in the dining room and say "you're overseer now"
job well done!
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2015, 10:21:01 pm »

Nice, exactly 100 dwarfs. Did you forget the save or am I just really impatient? :P (thanks for finishing btw, I do appreciate it!)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2015, 10:41:55 pm »

its uploading right now (my internet connection is not very good so it takes some time)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2015, 10:44:32 pm »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2015, 12:39:24 am »

Did you actually forget to set the low population cap parameters? :p
That's probably why suddenly 11 children were born. Every couple who could not produce more because of the fixed population limit suddenly did so on your turn, coupled with several migrants.
but still, look at me now, the crundles fear ME
I honestly laughed at that one.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2015, 07:57:55 am »

Do I have to set that?! I know not of such things I thought it was part of the save sorry
edit: I also forgot to dorf oathbreaker, can that be done at the start of the next turn
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:00:05 am by neblime »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2015, 09:06:44 am »

I use the wverything-included starter pack for that. The parameters are on the first screen alongside the toggling of invaders, aquafiers, etc. If you run the base version without utilities, i think it involves changing the raws.

I think the problem comes from every player before you using a launcher pack, so we all tweaked the settings for our turn without changing the overall settings for the save...

I would suggest that the next players keep that in mind when they start their turns. Its no biggie, people will die and the population will drop closer to the cap.

Alternate plan, we leave it as is, and assume the king doesnt care and is insane, or simply cannot comprehend that kids count as civilians rather than dwarf-shaped pets...

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »

I use the wverything-included starter pack for that. The parameters are on the first screen alongside the toggling of invaders, aquafiers, etc. If you run the base version without utilities, i think it involves changing the raws.

I think the problem comes from every player before you using a launcher pack, so we all tweaked the settings for our turn without changing the overall settings for the save...

I would suggest that the next players keep that in mind when they start their turns. Its no biggie, people will die and the population will drop closer to the cap.

Alternate plan, we leave it as is, and assume the king doesnt care and is insane, or simply cannot comprehend that kids count as civilians rather than dwarf-shaped pets...

It's actually just as easy as changing a few numbers in the init.txt file,  but I'll make sure to set it.

Thank you for the save, Neblime! Beginning now.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2015, 05:03:28 pm »

Icehold, from the surface.

Sp I know I posted above noting the population, but it only hit me once I loaded up the save that we have 100 fucking dwarfs.

Pop cap 30, child cap 10/50  Max pop 40. World is V. high savagery, V. high beasts, high pop, 2x2 embark on the ice sheet.

Personally, I'm cool with just using it as a plot point, but Gojira hasn't been active to see this new population. I'll wait to see what he thinks before playing.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:33:57 pm by Salmeuk »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2015, 05:53:04 pm »

Yes that's why we should decide whether we scrap the storyline and roll with a ridiculous cursed juvenile prison, or solve the problem and wait for a few prisoner riots to drop the numbers back in line with the original plan. We aren't a few dwarves over the planned limit, we went from half-full to twice and a half what was originally planned in a turn.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2015, 06:09:50 pm »

It could just be that the fortress is turning from a prison into a haven for outlaws and assorted dwarven scum.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2015, 05:25:07 am »

sorry I ruined the fort guys :(
I blame video games or whatever it is corrupting the dwarven youth these days for the rise in juvenile crime
It could just be that the fortress is turning from a prison into a haven for outlaws and assorted dwarven scum.
I vote this

Gojira1000

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands a glass bed? Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2015, 10:18:38 am »

That'll teach me to be busy for a week. Hmm. Well, we can't just murder them (well, we could), but let's just crank the popcap down and we'll let attrition take its course. Maybe the Mountainhome had a crime spree? And yep, Salmeuk is our new overloard!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:22:04 am by Gojira1000 »
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." - Oscar Wilde
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20