Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Sigtext  (Read 962448 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Sigtext
« Reply #690 on: May 31, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »

DAMN IT! I have been spending years and years tripying to be sigged! Every single metric ounce of my fibre is dedicated to nothing but one day making my way into someone's sig! THEN WHY DOES SOMEONE NAMED BLARG POURING SMALL POTATOES ON PEOPLE GET INTO A SIG!!!!!!!! FUCK POTATOES!!!!!!!!

please don't sue me this is a joke

For the record, Blarg is a player character in my game Gridhood: Bay 12 edition. Feel free to join that game and do stupid stuff in it. That seems to be the way to get sigged these days.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 02, 2018, 02:20:05 pm »

DAMN IT! I have been spending years and years tripying to be sigged! Every single metric ounce of my fibre is dedicated to nothing but one day making my way into someone's sig! THEN WHY DOES SOMEONE NAMED BLARG POURING SMALL POTATOES ON PEOPLE GET INTO A SIG!!!!!!!! FUCK POTATOES!!!!!!!!

For the record, Blarg is a player character in my game Gridhood: Bay 12 edition. Feel free to join that game and do stupid stuff in it. That seems to be the way to get sigged these days.
I am sigging this, just for the sake of irony and because that actually made me laugh.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 08, 2018, 06:41:09 pm »

DID I EVER TELL YOU THE STORY OF DARTH PLA THE SIGTEXT OF REDJIVE, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS TOBY or Tobeis, or Tobe, or Tobias, etc. etc.

It's a TON easier to see an answer when you already know what the answer is.
"Noted and ignored. Forward, guidance goblin! Onward until we can taste the whites of their eyes as they explode into our mouths."

You sit around, smoking a cig as Alice and Simon either work their way towards a fight or a rough and frenzied night. You consider throwing a condom and a knife into the mix and seeing which one gets used.

Something explodes up on the hill and you blow smoke out the nearest firing slot.

"That was me, Toby, Simon." bet you a shekel that in-character he would call me 'me-Toby'
"Okay, sure, Loady.  And yeah, it's awesome 'to be' me, but focus on the loading, not your creepy fantasies!  ((*syvarris collects his shekel from Redjive))

"We set sail on this new sea because there is new GLORY to be gained, and new rights to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people. For war science, like weird science and all technology, has no conscience of its own. Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the 888th occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new ocean will be a sea of GLORY or a new pathetic theater of cowardice. I do not say that we should or will go unprotected against the hostile misuse of giant metal doors any more than we go unprotected against the hostile use of land or sea, but I do say that giant metal doors can be explored and mastered without feeding the fires of cowardice, without repeating the mistakes that man has made in extending his writ around this globe of ours.

There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in this room as of yet. Its hazards are nonexistent to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again. But why, some say, the Moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 20 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to dropkick the door! We choose to dropkick the door in this second and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too."

My good man, please, where is your spirit for adventure!

(Buried in rubble deep underground somewhere, I reckon.)

aliens don't exist

aliens don't exist

aliens don't exist

aka ignore defense for the good of Earth (and maybe in the name of FUN).

Pro-choice guy did a stupid thing, Pro-life lady is going to try and bury his life for a bruised shoulder. Normal American stuff, move along.

“That hat looks ridiculous.”
“Fortunately, I can change hats,” Wayne said, “while you, sir, are stuck with that face.”

“Wayne's a little attached to that hat," Waxillium said. "He thinks it's lucky."
Wayne: "It is lucky. I ain't never died while wearing that hat."
Marasi frowned. "I ... I'm not sure I know how to respond."
Wax: "That's a common reaction to Wayne.”

“Don’t try,” Waxillium said. “Logic doesn’t work on Wayne.”
“I bought a ward against it off a traveling fortune-teller,” Wayne explained. “It lets me add two ’n’ two and get a pickle.”
― Brandon Sanderson, The Alloy of Law

No no no.  You have to make it even more horrible than even that kids.  You gotta stretch that truth so far that it nearly snaps. like this.

"DId you know 9 out of 10 doctors say that your average american is not getting enough fiber in their diet?  Why settle for low quality soluble fiber, when you can have high quality, non-soluble, and 100% natural fiber?  That's why we at Spishak inc. have created this amazing new breakfast cereal, with half the calories of the leading brand, and 300% more fiber*-- Asbest-Os! The ONLY cereal to contain 100% natural, MINERAL fiber! Guaranteed to never lose its natural abrasive properties, even under high temperatures and strong corrosive acids! Help keep your colon healthy** with this, our latest offering from Spishak inc!"

*Contains asbestos, a mineral fiber
**Oral consumption of asbestos has not been shown(+) to increase risk of colorectal cancer in humans, or cause other GI upset, when eaten in moderation.

+New federal regulations concerning the use of asbestos requires direct scientific evidence proving medically related conditions, specific to the use case. For use as a fiber suppliment, there is no scientific data available, so the use of asbestos in this manner should be regarded as GRAS.

"They're gonna fight us. And we're gonna fight them. And we're gonna win.
As long you fools shut the hell up, that is."
- Sarge, BFBC1

"... and Red?"
"Yes?"
"Shut the fuck up."
"... yes."
- Lt. Cdr. Hawknetwork, giving me an order that I don't think I've ever obeyed.

Quoted Verbatim from the gentleman who first introduced me to Warhammer 40k:

Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

And remember, your trusty Flamer can do all three.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:44:21 am by Redjive_Industries »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 20, 2018, 08:37:08 am »

KING CABL HAS PRESSED HIS CLAIM ON THE COUNTY OF SIGTEXT THREAD!

Forum quotes:
Bay12: Give us a Shitpost of high enough quality and we'll turn it into a reason to annihilate the universe.

The best children's shows are those where most of the cast members die violent and painful deaths, and those who don't go through immense psychological trauma instead~

The civilians fleeing the area are now convinced that you are not only terrorists, but Nazi terrorists. (With sexual fetishes)

TO BE EXPANDED...

Off-site quotes:
Quote from: sushipanda, a redditor on /r/crusaderkings, in a thread about pregnancy kink event
CK2 also made me realize I have a thing specifically for blind Greek women. I dunno why but I was staring at the leader portraits and since the Byzantines were the only ones who could blind others as a torture method, a few of the females had large gaping black holes instead of eyes which really turned me on for some reason. I often avoid playing that region because I just end up getting weird boners and I feel weird.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:19:15 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 03, 2019, 06:57:29 pm »

GOD TANKKIT HAS LAID HIS CLAIM ON THIS WORLD OF SIGTEXT!

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”
Spoken like a true god TankKit.
"It's kind of funny that we seem to have a drunk, a debtor, a victim of a crime, a petty thief... And a mass murderer. Was there a clerical error along the way or something?"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 11, 2019, 05:30:29 pm »

I remember once somebody comparing the Dwarfs to Vikings but I am starting to think my Dwarfs are Russians.  Drinking, complaining, getting into fistfights with pigs.  Not joking.  One of them got into a fistfight with a pig.  Punched a boar a couple of times and walked off.

tormenting the player is important

Pardon my ignorance I'm gonna go munch on some bees.

Your house is overrun with all sorts of puppies, all of which die from squishing.

There are old users and bold users but no old, bold users.

Push q-v-l-b-shift.d-V for volcanic armageddon.

And then everything lit itself on fire.

Superdorf's not just watcher. He's Bay overseer  ;).

the smell of wet dwarf is even worse than wet dog

May Armok give me strength. Or scuba miners.

I wish to be sigged

A night creature stole my pants.
Did it kill you with them?
No but it definitely tried to.
Did you kill it?

And then the zombie horde bum rushed in.
The upper level has been compromised.
And then Granite came, and it ceased to be my problem.

I aim to please. And to break upper spines, of course.

Remember kids: a good fortress is a bunker, a great fortress is a tomb!

being a fish salesdragon is almost certainly below us.

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk

« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 10:16:15 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here to eat plant piss beer and shit out seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 23, 2019, 02:19:32 am »

Beerdump: where even the beer's a dump

You breached the caverns in the first year, around 4 months after the fort started? Without a military? You absolute mad lad.

*Clears Throat very hoarsely*

As the intellectual Seymour Skinner once said "...Yes."

if we hit fast we don't eat ass.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:03:44 am by The_Saladman »

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2019, 02:07:02 pm »

As is the tradition of the ancients, I too shall mash some dumb out of context quotes into this long dead thread.

You can counteract the bad thoughts from losing a loved one or a friend with mist.

-distant yelling about bees-

I could add a syndrome tag to the drinks, so when consumed they will cause the dwarf to explode.

Quote from: Sangus link=https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=1624703&sid=c03d411fc7d9ed3e2d79898611f12599#p1624703
The key is to get Dwarf Fortress running on my TI-89 Titanium

DFHack aside, a mining dwarf was sacrificed to drain the main lever room into the eaglery.

It's just not a real project without a major accident involving the deaths of several miners.

Slade minecarts loaded with dragons flying at twice the speed of light.

The densest achievable packing of spheres is about 0.74 - this is for carefully packed, maximally dense materials, but "if yer just roll the logs in facin' teh same way, then they kinda fall like tha' ey?", and we can assume the dwarves, natural masters of stone, can achieve optimally dense packing by just throwing rocks in.

As for myself, I’m feeling pretty good right now.

Mebbe I should just build everything in olivine to hide the puke.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:44:16 am by NordicNooob »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 21, 2019, 12:06:39 am »

On occasion I read quotes that I like. I leave most unrecorded, but here are the few that I've held on to.

"Two full-grown giant cave spiders stand over his hospital bed, refusing to leave his side." -theflame52

"Due to a bug, the dwarf may contact a syndrome even if the reason he's not wearing a shoe is that his leg is gone." -button

"Though to creator's eye, it still looks chaotic in large parts to me - other things like the bedrooms and corpses languishing in the sun as I focus on a particular shade of red." -FleetingFrames

Fried, scrambled, devilled, boiled, poached, deep-fried, in omlettes, in quiches, in cakes, in casseroles, in bread, in butter, in cheese, in potatoes, in jams, in alcohol, in clothing, in ropes, in door-frames, in door-handles, in door-hinges, in doors, yes, the Humble Duck egg now reveals unto us its great and holy powee as a universal solution to All Ills.

Dwarf Fortress is NOT a game! It's a....

Psychological exercise to determine how people will respond to traditionally docile animals like carp exhibiting severe hostile behavior.

There's no reason to believe that an elf is any more than a endoskeletal humanoid. As with goblins, the theoretical cladogram uniting the various humanoids might need to reach a long way back to find the common ancestry with the (presumably mammalian) humans, but then so also with Nano Sapien.

No… Even mother was killed by fish…

It's a cozy little fortress. Let's try and keep the corpses on the outside.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 05:00:32 pm by Salmeuk »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 21, 2019, 07:16:38 am »

I CLAIM THIS SPOT IN THE NAME OF ZULTAN!
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2020, 01:12:48 pm »

My mods:
Jawa Fortress:A Star Wars total conversion mod.
Assorted Creatures Pack:A bunch of smaller mods packed together, mostly creatures.
Primal:A mod that adds hundreds of dinosaurs and other prehistoric wildlife.
Veterinarian golems:A simple mod that makes it possible for the player to heal wounded animals in Fortress mode.
My DFFD page.

Forum games:
Minimalism and Milk:I,II,III,IV.
The Bay 12 Zoos LP.
Choice of Magics LP.
RTD Hall of Fame

Contributor and former manager for Teh LOLmod.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 01:25:55 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 10, 2021, 09:07:33 pm »

So we've started this with the idea to fill the museum with wonderfull artifacts, items and happy visitors. A place where young and old can marvel at the wonders of the world. An educational experience for the kids, a place you can visit with the entire family.

We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

At least were doing this in the true spirit of Dwarf Fortress. Armok will be proud of us.

In all the human cadavers I dissected getting my degree, I never once found a chakra.
(Insert DF necromancer jokes here.)

we could at least have family members have THE SAME LAST NAME so its easier to distinguish lineage...so maybe you could go "hey i recognize that family name! didnt i kill your daughter before? chop her up limb from limb, watch her suffer and cut her head off? I actually have her head here in my bag o' kills..."

but its hard to trace lineage in adventure mode though so you wouldnt know if this guy you just hired is the great grand son of Urist McKilledThousands or Urist McSavedyourassonce unless you would go through everyone spamming Family, family, family... and most Urists dont even have families.bunch of parentless, orgy havin, buzzard chasin pricks...

All hail King Braalbard! All hail King Braalbard! ALL HAIL KING BRAALBAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Truly the King Adilatír needs and deserves!

Crowning music: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ykpDQhWlrBQ

Congratulatory letter to Bralbaard

To His Majesty Bralbaard Nilthatlosh Åm
Bralbaard Hammerfishes the Yawning
King of Adilatír
First of His Name
He Who Rules from Ilrallenod
Founder of the Greatest Museum in Orid Xem
Blessed of Armok
Our Immortal Leader

Your humble servant wishes to congratulate you on your ascension to the Throne of our great civilization. May the blessing of the Gods and of Armok himself guide Your rule in wisdom and may we benefit from Your guiding hand for the rest of the world's existence.

Though I cannot claim its creation, I submit the anthem of a nation from a distant realm as fitting for your ascension. May that it be of use to you and resound Your greatness to this world and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ykpDQhWlrBQ

You have made history, Your Grace! The world rejoices as it has seldom before! ALL HAIL KING BRALBAARD!

Quote from: Arthur Jordan
Everybody talking about trains and electricity as signs of technological advancement in the Narutoverse...meanwhile Orochimaru been growing humans in straight up bacta tanks since before Naruto was born. (source)

Via Eric Blank:
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

#ArchcrystalProblems

You know your fort is good when people make accounts in droves just to congratulate you.
Amen.
As someone who made an account here purely because I liked the game, and I have considered making accounts on other sites after liking stories and wanting to comment, but eventually didn't... I can say yes, it's quite something.

Quote from: Immortal-D
The Dwarves may be happy, but I know where we embarked and by Armok please work faster we're all gonna die :'( (source)

Ah, the stress of knowledge of the Overseer.

When my flesh rotted away, I was tortured and flayed by amateur surgeons. My eyes failed me, and I was bitter and twisted. I became the Blind Sadist. Angry and hopeless, I was desperate for a way out. I discovered religion! Needless to say, where previously I considered myself an atheist, I am now a devout follower of Ala, for the Lord of Balance, Blight and Death has given me a new life, as a Fell One. Some even called me the Prophey of Froth!

[...]
Despite my protestations, they sentenced me to the hammer and the chain. Fifty hammerstrokes in all. In the end, they chained me up like some beak dog with a nickel silver chain, in the dungeon. I decided then to escape from this fort. Coming here had clearly been a mistake. It took only eighteen short months for me to gnaw through the chain and escape from Eskôn, amidst the chaos of an unexplained cave in[...]

Moldath Mournsaints the Blind Sadist, ladies and gentlemen!

Somehow, during Eric Blank's turn 25758 humans died, approximately 40% of the human population.
Some work to do for our adventurers, it seems.

To fix it or to finish the job?
Exactly what the Museum stands for.

It is amazing how much you're capable of changing about the world already, but resurrecting a nearly dead civ is still a monumental challenge. Killing a goblin civ is too. But somehow wiping out a significant portion of the human population was an accident.

Quote from: Anonymous_Toxicity
Nobody is more petty than the guy you just corrected on the War Thunder forums. Treason beats being perceived as incorrect. (source)

Notes to self:
* v0.47+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
* [47.05] All Races Playable mod
* Accurate Earth Map Remake

You can PM me if you have something you think I'd be interested in "sigging" (some people apparently like that.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 06:45:04 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 05-10-2023.

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 03, 2021, 06:47:33 pm »

Going to reserve for future sigtext. I'll get to it tomorrow. Iz sleepytiem nao.

#3f7eb3
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 04:39:35 pm by Fimbulwinter »
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 25, 2022, 02:27:40 pm »

I am Magmacube Underscore Tee-Ar, Memer of Memes, Poster of Shit.

Gaze upon my quoted hoard of sigtext, Ye Mighty, and DESPAIR!!!

I mean, B12 is like an oasis in the wild west.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Da pump.

Now that Halloween approaches, we must rebrand impostor syndrome as amogus pocus

It's why a lot of videos have video descriptions that look like some occult summoning ritual for binding the CIA to your infernal service

Forget FBs, bronze colossi and other dangers... obviously Dether's dick is the biggest threat in the Wondrous Land.

How To Summon Magmacube 2 So That Your Magmacube Deflates Like A Dummy At 4:30 AM

I disagree with your not-toasty enough theory and posit that it's all ptsd. Or maybe it's about penises and wanting to have sex with one's mum.

"scriver was supposed to become a scandinavian bard,
Instead he played Minecraft.
Magmacube wanted scriver to become a scandinavian bard,
So now he is very sad."
"So Jack Looted the Lute, and did the scoot, but still never learned to play.
But instead sold the Lute to some old coot,
And let down Magmacube to this day."
The comic of this quote: By me.

We did a lot of genocide to the native Americans.

Bigot got big got, I guess. New name to me, but no loss, I suppose.

Dwarves will build loads of constructed walls around your skin, making you invincible to everything except other dwarves with pickaxes.

nanodorfs, son

They tantrum in response to rain!

Electrify my knob daddy

what the point of this post is...uh well nothing...just like GOP in congress

I legitimately thought Scoops had completely lost it. :P But no, it's just regular Magmacube.

But this is obviously very secret information, that I'm only letting you all know in order to win an Internet argument I'm currently having in PMs with Toady, who doesn't even think I have Zelenskyy's wife's phone-number (and second best handbag, but that is another story). I don't think even the US three-letter-agencies know of this, yet, as it hasn't been leaked on Instagram (which I read all of). And clearly you shouldn't let anyone in the Kremlin know, Max, so keep it schtum!

SEX with HITLER
2 SEX 2 HITLER
SEX with HITLER: Tokyo Drift
SEX & HITLER
SEX 5
SEX with HITLER 6
HITLER 7
The Fate of the Fuhrer
SEX & HITLER Presents: Himmler & Streicher
S9
SEX X

Magma has not once been PC, Allah Bless him.

Mmmmmh yes baby replace my wood

If playboy and brazzers is bad, stepmother gets a dickdown 45 is far worse.

One is the Toad, whose Toes are Three,
Praised be the coming and going of Him.
And great is Jifodus, His Eternal Watchman,
Whose loggings are in but never out.
Hallowed be Kurtumlak, the Slumbering,
In Armok's chambers of yore attendant.
Deliver us from banhammering
And the Scoops of Novel.
Until the coming of One-point-oh
In Pathos united we watch bays.
Amen.

Mr magmatube_tr, l could understand you,

Somewhere to put my Big Fucking Turd 2000

For some reason I read "cancel spam" as "camel sperm". Don't know what's wrong with my brain.

And here are the threads that I find precious.

PERISH BEFORE THE MAGNIFICENCE OF THE BAY12'S TOWER OF BABEL

This entire thread.

This really fun suggestion thread I usurped.

The only forum game I have managed to finish so far.

The Color Code Thread!

Quote from: me to you when birthday
🎂

(birth)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 05:57:26 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 23, 2022, 11:21:28 pm »

Disregard, someone put drugs in me drink yesterday
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 09:51:06 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48