Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69458 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Warhammer Mod r15 (???)
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:55:21 pm »

READ THIS FIRST: I am slowly reworking this. I will make another thread when it gets released. Should you download what is in the link below, expect no support.

DOWNLOAD HERE

The Manual

HOW TO INSTALL:
   1. Make a clean install of Dwarf Fortress
   2. Delete the raw folder
   3. Install the latest DFHack (link here)
   4. Extract the compressed files you downloaded from the link at the top of this page into the DF folder, overwrite everything it asks about

Failure to follow the above instructions may result in one or more things not working as intended.

ALSO IMPORTANT: I have included a manual with the mod. Please read it. I've also posted its contents in the thread, but that may be harder to find.

ON TILESETS: Sadly, my drawing skills could be classified as crimes against humanity, which means I can't make a tileset for the mod. Unless some brave soul volunteers (there are a lot of creatures), this will remain ASCII only. I suppose you could try to install a tileset of your choice if you don't mind mod-specific stuff appearing in ASCII among the tiles.

As always, report bugs. Please.

On using any of the content in your own mods: First, check if it is really something by myself rather than someone else. If it is by me, then feel free to use it, no need to ask permission. Credit would be nice, but I'm not going to waste time going after someone over it.

A long time ago, there was a thread. In it, Krantz proposed a bold undertaking: to make a Warhammer Fantasy mod to which anyone could contribute to. I myself contributed to the mod (said contribution was crap. I plan to correct that.), as did many others. Eventually, only SDood had been keeping the mod updated. After exchanging PMs, we agreed to revive the mod and get development going again. Due to a lack of interest from anyone but myself, I ended up making this a personal project.

Spoiler: Feature list (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty much starting from scratch, since it was a true and complete mess, which I guess happens when you got a lot of people messing with the same thing.
Much better now.

Credits:
Krantz, SDood, Shintaro Fago, mrtspence, Crazy Cow, Teneb(then Deathsword), Dbuhos, MiguelMO, Phoebus, SethCreiyd, Moogie, TastyMints: The old version
(If I forgot anyone, either PM me or post in the thread)

Teneb: The new version
Everyone who contributes to DFHack: Integrated from (upcoming) R3, these wizards allow me to do stuff that would otherwise be impossible and bother to answer my questions on how to use the various scripts.
Dirst: For allowing me to use a script present in his The Earth Strikes Back mod in R3.
Boltgun: For allowing me to use one of their scripts from Succubus Dungeon starting with R7.
Meph: Helped me finally fix the creature spawning stuff.
Roses: For use of some of their scripts from R12 and onward.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:22:25 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress: Community Project Revival
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 03:29:38 pm »

Thanks Teneb, the feature list in the OP is actually really outdated and a few years old the current one is on the download page or here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's still not complete i haven't gotten around to listing all the available creatures yet or other items and features and its still not quite up to date with the new version. Thanks for making the thread and making the ASCII version which i have not gotten around to doing. Hope to see the work continue.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:37:17 pm by SDood »

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:35:07 am »

This mod looks really cool. i am a big fan of warhammer stuff. So if this mod can be made better and better, that would be awesome. I hope it goes well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:44:12 am by mcolombe »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:20:27 pm »

Good to see it alive once more.
Cheers

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 04:26:55 pm »

A little progress report:

As I mentioned, I'm reworking the beastmen. So let's get into the details.

First, there are a ton of castes. They are (with their POP_RATIO in brackets): Beastwoman (100), Caprigor (250), Truegor Caprigor (120), Bovigor (250), Truegor Bovigor (250), Ungor (200), Bray (200), Bray Shaman (120), Turnskin (70), Khorngor (120), Slaangor (120), Pestigor (120), Tzaangor (120), Centigor (70), Minotaur (10), Cygor (1), Ghorgon (1). If you don't know what POP_RATIO means, in this case it means that for every 250 capri/bovigors, there is a single cygor.

Seems excessive? Probably is, but it's all coded in now.

Note that the Trugors and the Bray Shaman do not have special names and appear as if they were their regular counterparts, it's up to the player to figure out who is what in those cases. There are also both male and female turnskins though I've set them to become sterile as soon as they enter the map (cannot do it for worldgen). I couldn't find out if there are actual female turnskins or not, so if there aren't let me know. Furthermore, for those of you using tiles, they will all have the same default beastman sprite. It's currently impossible to assign specific caste sprites.

But how will they play? Well, in lore they disdain civilization and destroy it wherever they find it. This means that they cannot make digging tools of their own (but can use those of others) or do any sort of engineering. They can use regular DF workshops for other areas, including metalworking. They will use a few reactions of the Chaos Warriors on their own specific workshops (or shared, if that is the case), and can make equipment out of bone and shells.

What this means is that beastmen will become a sort-of challenge race. You will need to depend on wood and clay to build anything (though I will also add reactions to make bone and leather blocks and may even add the latter to other civs) and forts will be mostly aboveground (unless you embark on a cave). Tantrums and fights should be frequent and the player shouldn't care too much about losses... after all, there are always more beastmen.

In non-beastmen news, I've added tuskgors and razorgors as animals, merged the creature_WAR and creature_warhammer files and am still converting the tiles to ASCII.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:10:50 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »

looks cool. keep up the good work buddy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 07:41:43 pm »

Full changelog (may be edited if I sneak anything in before uploading)
Code: [Select]
Revamped Beastmen
ASCII version
Tuskgors and Razorgors
Merged a few files
Removed various vanilla DF creatures that don't exist in Warhammer
Removed vanilla DF animal men (but not giant animals)
Tweak to Chaos Warrior pray reactions (they all had a 100% of spawning the "bad result" stone, reduced to 50%)
Deleted Night Goblins (will be remade later)
Misc bugfixes

Keep in mind some thing don't have graphics so the graphical version may have a few ASCII things in it until someone steps in to draw them.

EDIT: up next is a greenskin revamp, differentiating vampire bloodlines, winds of magic as secrets.

Here's something to get you ready for da Waaagh!
Yes, I'm aware that's from 40k and not FB.

So the orcs as they are now are being diversified a bit. Currently there is a single orc civ that is alternately called regular orcs and savage orcs in the files. I get the feeling Krantz left it unfinished but wanted to do two civs. So what is going to happen is that we'll have the following playable civs: Greenskins (Orcs, Goblins, Black Orcs and Snotlings), Savage Orcs, Night Goblins, Forest Goblins and Hobgoblins. Furthermore, Gnoblars will be a skulking civ like the kobolds. There will also be feral version of all greenskins but the black orcs (and maybe hobgoblins, not sure, someone please tell me if that is wrong) that show up as creatures both in the surface and the caverns to populate the place a bit. Gnoblars will also be available as pets, but I want to try and use DFHack to make sure only ogres can take those, we'll have to see about that.

I hope to be able to differentiate the civs from each other, but I fear the savage orcs are going to look a lot like beastmen in some aspects.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:00:12 pm by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turns out I messed up when converting the mod to ASCII since I haven't had to deal with that before this. I think I fixed it now. Fortunately, the ASCII version only has 5 downloads (compared to 20 for the graphical), so not a lot of people got to experience the problem. I'm uploading the fixed version now. No other changes to it besides this.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to watch. :) Love Warhammer Fantasy!

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What needs doing?

I wouldn't mind doing the WAAAGH if you don't mind me taking some liberties with it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What needs doing?

I wouldn't mind doing the WAAAGH if you don't mind me taking some liberties with it.
This is a community mod, so go wild. I'm currently culling excess items and bugs from the mod (example: the only difference between a standard axe and a dwarf rune axe was the item size). Just post the results here and I'll merge them with the rest.

(also working on and off a little side mod, but this is the main deal)

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Being a huge warhammer fantasy fan, Im checking this out. I've noticed that the map generally looks the same every time when using the Warhammer advanced world gen.. and that I seem to get the same playable civs each time (Bretonian, Chaos, Dwarves).. I'm really wanting to try out Skaven. Any help?

Also, rather crashy... though it might be cause I installed DFHack. Is that a known problem with this project?

Oh, and I changed Minerals from 100 to 500.. would that cause any crashing issues during world gen?

Edit; It may just be a coincidence, but uninstalled DFHack and havnt had any crashes through several worldgens

edit 2: still only getting Bret, Servitors of Chaos, and Dwarves as playable.. the others seem to generate, but I cant play them. GIMMIE SKAVEN! *grabby paws*
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:22:57 pm by Alyfox »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DA WAAAGH

Not certain I need to really change anything other than the creature entity, to be honest.

Essentially, the plan is to divide the castes thusly:

Sporefather - Big stonkin' mushroom. Doesn't move very fast at all, can't attack. Only males. If I can, I will make them non-intelligent.
Sporemother - Big stonkin' mushroom. Doesn't move very fast at all, can't attack. Only females. If I can, I will make them non-intelligent.
Black Orcs - Da biggest an' da best. Hits like a truck. Grow super fast forever and don't die from old age. No gender.
Orcs - Big, bad an' mad. Hits like a slightly smaller truck. Grow forever and don't die from old age. No gender.
Goblins - Little, sneakin' an' cunnin'. Shoot bows. Don't die from old age. No gender.
Snotlings - Little pricks. Non-intelligent. Don't die from old age. No gender.

It's a more accurate representation of how orcs is made. Also, the idea of a thousand year old black orc the size of a dragon is damn sexy to me.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this mod is shaping up well. keep up the good work folks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since Rex Invictus is working on the Orcs and Goblins, I'll keep working on bugs and inconsistencies as well as adding what daemons we still don't have.

EDIT: A lot of the non-civ creatures are a mess. There are random lines that seem the result of copying and pasting where whomever did it forgot to delete some stuff. Daemons that die of old age. Nurglings that can be nauseated. This update will take a while.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:24:46 pm by Teneb »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16