Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tribe vb12.1 (1 open spot)  (Read 1154 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Tribe vb12.1 (1 open spot)
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »

Hello!

I am pleased to share a special game from my past, and as we play, perhaps gain greater insight on it's future. I may take the role of external authority figure or fellow player which may very session to session based on the needs of the current interpretation. You will be playing a game called Tribe, you will be assigned likely a random role in this tribe, which will give you different options how to contribute to your own and your tribe members' survival.

Tribe vb12.1

4+ Players

1. GOAL
Survive through winter with atleast 1 male and 1 female tribe member, the elder or unmatured adept do not count for this requirement.

2. PHASES
DAILY
a. MORNING
Decide what you will do for the day(hunt, gather, role ability, stay). You are rested and heal wounds a little. You may trade. All players will learn if any particular animals were spotted nearby, or any special weather effects.
b. DAY
Your activity's success is calculated. You may trade if at home. You may steal unattended items, PM me to do so. Animals may steal items if few or no players are attending items. The chance and amount determined by players still at home(and lowered by it).
c. NIGHT
All players return home. Eat or go hungry. You may trade. Food not eaten this phase ages or spoils.
SEASONAL
Each season is 10 turns.
a. GREEN
Easiest, many easy animals to hunt, predator human attacks rare. Easy to gather fruit.
b. YELLOW
More difficult in every way.
c. WHITE
More difficult in every way.

3. ROLES
All roles have 4hp, every wound reduces your rolls by 1; sleep or seek a healer to be healed. All roles have a separate 4hp hunger bar, skipping a meal 4 times is death. If either bar depletes you die and are removed from the session. You will have a unique carry limit, however you can have unlimited items at home, which can be stolen by animals or other players if you are away. Someone can watch your stuff, but you must give it to them temporarily, they do not have to give it back. Calculations based on a d6 emulation.
a. ELDER
You can carry 1 items away from home. Players can visit with you to gain one knowledge token, which will add one to their next role; however only one tribe member may visit with you at a time, do this instead of trading.
b. HEALER
You can carry 3 items away from home. Can use a fruit to heal a player that visits them, do this instead of trading.
c. ADEPT
You can carry 2. You may assist anyone using their ability. Do this 10 times to become that role; can learn multiple roles at the same time, but will only become the one that reaches 10 first. The more tokens you have in a class the more likely you are to improve their role, rather than decrease it.
d. HUNTER
You can carry 6. You get a +3 to your hunt roles.
e. GATHERER
You can carry 5. You get a +3 to gather roles.
f. COOK
You can carry 4. You can turn meat and fruit into their dried versions, which do not spoil; choose either meat or fruit, than how many; use this ability instead of day trading.

Player 1 Ozarck
Player 2 Pencil_Art
Player 3 Megggas
Player 4 Vacio
Player 5 vjmdhzgr
Player 6

Roles will be assigned randomly.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:20:46 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe vb12.1
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:11:05 pm »

in

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 11:24:14 pm »

In.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »

bump

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 09:04:48 pm »

hmm.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:41:45 pm »

In
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 10:01:52 pm »

Interested... maybe a hunter or healer.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 10:08:59 pm »

Roles are random. Anyway, I might want to join though I'll need to know how often I'll be expected to post.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 10:10:19 pm »

Roles are random. Anyway, I might want to join though I'll need to know how often I'll be expected to post.
I can always hope!  :)
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 10:52:15 pm »

We'll play it by ear. It will be similar to taking turns in a board game, except all players can begin taking a turn at the same time. It could go very quickly.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 11:10:38 pm »

Alright, there may be a few times in the next month where I'll be unable to post for a few days, probably not more than two, but I should know about them in advance. Like tomorrow, most of tomorrow, and I think the next day as well I will be unable to access the internet, but it seems this will still be starting up.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe vb12.1 (1 spot left)
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 12:02:51 am »

Alright, for testing purposes if someone is being particularly slower than the group, and there is a waitlist, I may ask them to commit or drop out. This game takes about 30 to 45 minutes in real life around a table, so it shouldn't take too many days online.

1 spot left.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:48:53 am by GameBoyBlue »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »

Turns out it was only most of today, but as predicted it hasn't quite started up yet.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 08:09:55 am »

welcome back :P

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe vb12.1 (1 open spot)