Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Los Diablos[RPG] 5/6 {OOC} Slot opened, still accepting character sheets.  (Read 16673 times)

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile

Los Diablos, City of Scum [RPG]

This Campaign takes place on an alternate universe’s modern Earth, this will be a sci-fi based RPG, with super powers, mutants, abominations, maybe zombies if I feel like I could bs it into the story, and etc. It will be mixture between dice rolling and Rping, I will keep it fair as much as possible but the dice do not control the game I do. So if I feel like a certain action, will succeed or fail regardless of the dice I will state a RPS/RPF(Roleplay Success/Failure). Very rarely will RPS/RPF happen in a PVP situation but if it does, respect that I will not be showing favoritism to any one character. Lastly, Expect to die quickly in this game (as I am working out some kinks), anyone who dies can make another character and join in right back in, unless there are people wait listed of course.

Backstory
It is the day Dec, 24 2035, technology in recent years has made many extraordinary breakthroughs, creating a cure for cancer, more efficient source of fuel, among other achievements, and this was all due to the worst natural disaster recorded in humankind history, on April 21, 2001 a series of 9.0 earthquakes, 7 to be exact, started worldwide causing around 200-300 billion dollars worth of damages around each of the afflicted areas. This had been the 1st global natural disaster ever recorded in human history also known as the The Great Quakes, claiming an average of 2,000-5000 lives per quake, initially however the earthquakes caused something much worst. A purple gas seemed to rupture out from underground veins in the areas in which the quakes had occurred, this gas was toxic for humans causing the death of another 20-30,000 people. This substance, later became known as Miasma and it was thanks to many devoted researchers that this deadly toxic gas that had killed over a hundred thousand people in one day is now being used to save lives and will be used to further improve the lives of those who were most affected…. Is what many people who were lead to believe but after major companies discovered it had multiple marketable uses, they began buying up areas around the sites of Miasma. And with many "donations" to the local governments, the companies ensured that they could do whatever they wished with the Miasma. Human experimentation was not unheard of and rumors of Companies creating super soldiers for the Governments, further ensuring that they would be able to Monopolize the Miasma. This lead to many people to go missing in areas around the the miasma and caused fear and anger amongst the population, leading to people fear one another and eventually turning on each other. The City of Los Diablos is one such place, murders, kidnapping, drug/human trafficking happen on a daily basis, and this is where your story takes place.

As soon as I have selected 6 players, I will post the Intro to Los Diablos.
then feel free to RP, actions that require my attention must be in bold, also This color for chat is taken. Most NPCs will not have a color and will use regular text.

Spoiler: Character sheets (click to show/hide)

((This is not a first come first serve basis, I will select the characters. If I feel like I can handle it, I might raise the max amount of player if it seems like people want to join.))

Players currently accepted
Spoiler: Khan (Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asuka Saki (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Masky(Kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kiv/kat(Kevak) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Open Slot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players waitlisted (click to show/hide)
IC Thread
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:24:21 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Diablos, City of Scum [RPG]
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 01:31:27 pm »

Rough Map of Los Diablos

Locations
Locations Doc
Stores
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
People Of Significance
Misc.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:40:21 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:32:31 pm »

Name: Khan
Description: Khan is 6 foot 6 inches and has pale white skin with neither blemishes nor notable other marks excepting a slightly crooked nose.  His eyes are naturally blue but seem to be so exceptionally bloodshot that they appear to be red.  His hair color is unknown as he is lacking in both facial hair, hair on his head, eyebrows and any hair on his skin.  Typically Khan wears a black suit, though will frequently change into what seems to be a janitorial outfit that is dark purple in color when committing criminal activities.

Personality: His personality would best be described as alien, though bi-polar and schizophrenic are also acceptable.  Regardless for this he is not crazy, it is merely that his thought processes that lead to his actions are next to impossible to determine.
Bio:Khan's criminal life began as a young child, he frequently beat up other kids in the school yard, extorted them for money, favors and items that he liked and went so far as stealing from both kids, teachers and the school itself.  One would think that his parents would of tried to stop this behaviour though as far as his teachers and legally assigned criminal psychologist could tell, they instead rewarded it.  More frequently even he was rewarded when some particularly heinous criminal offense would be untraceable to him.  Unfortunately when a spree of unexplained murders occurred in his home town it was subsequently abandoned except for his family.  What happened to him then is a mystery until he resurfaced years later, a full grown man that quickly earned himself a name among criminal circles.  One of Khan's few redeeming features however is that he can not abide excessive abuse to animals (yelling at dogs and lightly beating them are fine by him, damping the one thing that might make him seem to have a soul.) and anything to do with children under the age of 12 is also strictly off record. 

Eventually Khan was chased from the normal cities for murdering half of his previous gang when one of the members gunned down a young girl and her puppy.  With a mafia bounty on his head, and no real care to change it Khan made his way to Los Diablos for reasons unknown.

Goal: Known only to him, but his general direction seems to be 'whatever he finds amusing or satisfying at that point in time.'  He also seems to be attempting to amass a cult following of like minded individuals though success so far is not forth-coming.

The rest is pm'ed
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:48:56 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:40:44 pm »

If you want a way to bs zombies into it, I could play as a sapient zed.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:53:08 pm »

If you want a way to bs zombies into it, I could play as a sapient zed.
If you want but understand that would technically be a power and you would get half the skills.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:55:26 pm »

And that would work fine. Cause I get to eat people.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

And that would work fine. Cause I get to eat people.
There will be restrictions to your ability at first but after awhile there will be fewer drawbacks.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Diablos, City of Scum [RPG] 1/6
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:08 pm »

How I see it going would be along the lines of: Can infect people, prolly via fluids.

Zeds do not attack zeds outside of certain mutations,

Most Infected are nonsapient, unhygienic, and very obviously not healthy people. Rarely sapients show up.

Zeds would maybe mutate at some point or another, prolly after sufficient biomass is consumed.

Zeds need food to be active. Food is biomass, although people are preferred foods. Overloads of biomass can be used by any type of zed to mutate. Merging of nonsapient Zeds is a thing, likely results in big Zeds. Sapients require large enough quantities of food that they cannot miss a day or two of food without having to hibernate.

If a zed runs out of biomass and does not hibernate, they die.

Zeds can 'hibernate' should there be a lack of food. This stops biomass drain but also makes them effectively dead until disturbed. They will not notice the approach of people until they make physical contact. People can easily shoot or kill hibernating Zeds, however the noise might wake up nearby sleepers.

Sapient Zeds can control a limited number of other undead. This number may increase as they mutate. They also cannot do more then direct the Zeds in a general direction for noms/attacks. They don't always listen. Mutations might enhance control.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 03:01:39 pm »

PTW.
thincake

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

How I see it going would be along the lines of: Can infect people, prolly via fluids.

Zeds do not attack zeds outside of certain mutations,

Most Infected are nonsapient, unhygienic, and very obviously not healthy people. Rarely sapients show up.

Zeds would maybe mutate at some point or another, prolly after sufficient biomass is consumed.

Zeds need food to be active. Food is biomass, although people are preferred foods. Overloads of biomass can be used by any type of zed to mutate. Merging of nonsapient Zeds is a thing, likely results in big Zeds. Sapients require large enough quantities of food that they cannot miss a day or two of food without having to hibernate.

If a zed runs out of biomass and does not hibernate, they die.

Zeds can 'hibernate' should there be a lack of food. This stops biomass drain but also makes them effectively dead until disturbed. They will not notice the approach of people until they make physical contact. People can easily shoot or kill hibernating Zeds, however the noise might wake up nearby sleepers.

Sapient Zeds can control a limited number of other undead. This number may increase as they mutate. They also cannot do more then direct the Zeds in a general direction for noms/attacks. They don't always listen. Mutations might enhance control.
Well when you post your sheet I'll pm you base on what I read here, or post whatever one you prefer.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »

Hum, looks good good...

Spoiler: Name/Asuka Saki (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:44:04 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 03:14:22 pm »

Hmmm... alright.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 03:46:46 pm »

Name: John Moj.

Description: Blonde pompadour with sides shaven. Blue eyes. Lean build. About 5 feet 9 inches. He wears a peach colored t-shirt under a white blazer and dark navy jeans. Matching white dress shoes and sunglasses finish the ensemble. He looks like a well dressed tropical mobster. If mobsters could be blonde.

Personality: John is always two and a half steps ahead of the competition. He has a long term goal, and he knows exactly how to get there. That doesn't mean he doesn't take a detour a scenic route every once in a while. John is strategic in the way he talks, walks, dresses, and just about everything. He's got the brains to get the job done, but is flexible enough to work around unexpected obstacles.

Bio: John got started when his college had a severe miasma incident while doing research on the strange substance. He was one of the thousands of students who almost died when their campus flooded with Miasma. Luckily for John, he was in the biology lab and had a breather on hand. In the chaos he used his van to snatch a ton of technology from his school, real cutting edge stuff, and store it away. He was thought dead by everyone who knew him, if any were left alive, and that's exactly what he wanted. Equipped with top of the line cybernetic and mutagen manufacturing equipment, a few text books, his professor's research notes, and a ton of supplies, John was open for business. John made quite a few underground connects. Buyers, sellers, junkies, that sort of thing, but like many dealers, John dipped into his stock. While John was able to undo most of the worst mutations and implants, his body was now wired very differently than it was before.

Goal: John is an urban mad scientist. He wants to see what this new concoction will do, he wants to know how to upgrade bio-tech, and he wants to know what makes you tick.

Combat skills: 2 street fighting

Noncombat Skills: 2 in bio-technology, 1 in mutations/biology, 1 streetwise

(Optional) Power: Biological interface. John is not just part biological and part machine. John is a biological machine. He has the ability to integrate pieces of technology into his organic systems. As a result he can absorb and equip most pieces of small tech and interface with larger tech directly.
Examples:

Also can I take this color?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:59:52 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 03:48:51 pm »

We've only had two submissions of six, and the GM is only selecting the best ones not FCFS. Plenty of room!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

Hum, looks good good...

Spoiler: Name/Asuka Saki (click to show/hide)
Note that not all countries/cities will have the same name as our earth, I like the collar reminds of Fall Out.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21