Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152969 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns (poll added)
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2015, 08:12:21 pm »

Research Lore and Slave AI, please.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2015, 09:21:23 pm »

Minecraft, then AMMO, there is no other option.  We must start making our own ammunition.

EDIT:
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:27:00 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2015, 03:16:36 am »

Okay so research will be smoke ops + minecraft, then rifle ammo + gun almanach, with 2 brainers per project. Hopefully this should unlock sniper rounds in case I get a replacement.

I am throwing muskets and flintlocks away now. Having a clip of 15 from a looted pistol makes up for the loss of damage. Same for the assault cannon that scored zero kills and will probably never now I am taking protection over movement. I appreciated that the starting guns were not 100% crap but instead they have been made very unwieldy.

Guns are a bit of everything looted as intended for pirates, machine guns and rifles for the snipers and crap guns for the gals. I'll be spending the two laser rifle clips in the next pogrom. I hope I'll get more ammo because I got the full house of the laser weapon without any clips. I made pocket cannons and ammo in case I run out of clips.

Melee wise, I dropped several of them like pipes and only kept one bat for Fatima-ann. For now I am going with cutlasses (great hit rating), rapiers for the weak, an ax for Hat Hat and poisoned daggers for the 2 handed users. I bought a chainsaw back, because chainsaws. Capture is done with a mix of fisticuffs and cattle prods, I tried handles again but truly fisticuffs is giving me a better mileage because the mutants are getting a big strength growth, also less TU cost. Let's see if we can stun a leader during the next pogrom.

By the way I just understood how the alternate movement work, and that's why I had no losses in the previous ufo. Running around a guard to end in his back, with enough TU for 4 poisoned stabs might be my second favorite move after black bomb spamming.

Edit: Pogrom #3 done, gotta finish wruting it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:28:10 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2015, 02:39:36 pm »

Pogrom #3

A long battle after, the heroes befeated the extermination people but...

THE FIGTH FOR FREDOM CONTANUES!

“What is this place?”

“Keep your eyes peeled!”

“Huur I’m a guard!”

“Mein leben!”

SUPER P!

----

So, Amperzand had a grenade launcher and Darkening Kaos a flame thrower. The pogrom could be considered over before it even started.

This place looks like a factory or one of the labor camp the pirates escaped in the first place. The bonaventura crashed in a stockpile so quickly that a crate did not fall and stayed in the air. No one found this phenomena suspicious.

Also it appears that the gals reached the site at an inconvenient time.

“But all I wanted was to take a pi…”

However the cyberdisk made a comeback, will the pirates win this this time?

But first, one of the pirates tried her technique to you get rid of a guard who shot you: You run like hell, go behind him and stab him. In case of doubt, stab twice.

What? Come on!

And so died not one but two pirates, who had the energy to run, but not to fight.

Darkening Kaos gave the flame thrower a try on a lesser disk. And it was glorious. The whole place flashed and flames popped everywhere. This was without a doubt the best weapon to ever grace a woman’s hands.

While our protagonists were on the subject of testing weapons, it was the time to give this cyber piece of crap the fate it deserved!

A deafening explosion ripped the disk apart, and a good quarter of the building next ot it. The notice did mention a small area of effect. Eve Jobs jokingly asked what would be considered a big one then. Everyone cheered on the field.

Things goes weird however when Darkening Kaos got hurt by a guard accompanied by a smaller disk. Seeing her shot caused Rince Wind to go berserk and started shooting at random. But Kaos did not care, and roasted the offender into cinders.

Overall the fight progressed well despites the casualties. A second cyberdisk tried to  sneak around the corner. But hopefully Angel had a second panzerfraust ready, because mutant medics carries rockets. Losing the second disk sealed the fate of the purebloods and clearing the last few robotic enemies was trivial.

The pirates used a lot of precious ammo and it will be hard to replace this.

25, Mar 2601

Excavating the base sure gave the workers ideas and they put together a game about mining blocks organizational charts that involve blasting rocks into smaller rocks.

(Warning, NSFW. Are you still trying to read this at work!?)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The gals also looked at the gun almanac, they needed the brainers to tell them what the text near the picture explained but they could recognize Angel’s shotgun inside. It proved to be a good read and that will ensure that this shotgun will not share the fate of Sam the sniper rifle.

And so the month end with great results. Negative balance? What negative balance? The stock of x-grog was sold and everyone pretended that it did not happen.

Pirate list :
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:33:07 am by Boltgun »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2015, 03:10:38 pm »

Ah, another glorious victory for... what are we fighting for again? Oh yes, another glorious victory for loot'n booze.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2015, 08:06:47 pm »

So Why does Fatima-ann get to keep her Ball bat? Is it her terrifying effectiveness with it? The fact that you do not trust her with a ranged weapon if there are allies within a 300 degree arc in front of her? You just love the description too much to let it go?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2015, 09:29:44 pm »

WHAT!!!!  I ran out of fire!  NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:04:04 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »

Pirate
Name: Bushmeat
Equip: Spear
Max avatar size is 80x80

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2015, 06:59:38 am »

Pirate
Name: Bushmeat
Equip: Spear

Done!

----

The young gals are sweeping the deck, the runts and brewing alcohol and the brainers read their book, it’s time for more pirating fun.

Darkening Kaos came back from the pogrom with a gaping laser wound and will be out of the way for two months. Euchre Jane also came back in a bad shape and will take almost the entire month to recover. It’s a bummer to not have high grade pirates on the field but that will not stop Eve Jobs-sama.

4, Apr 2601

The design of the smoke suit was completed. It's protective attributes are not bad, comparable to the TAC vest.

However, its production had to wait. It seems that every corner was now full of stuff, the base was overflowing with loot! The pirates even had to stash their guns and ammo under their bed.

A few old weapons were sold as well as the bandages and an excess of vodka. This still was not enough so decision has been made to sell some nuclear fuel away keeping a stock of 60, but this still barely fit into the stocks.

So, a new section of the hideout had to be cleaned up to make more space for the booty. Until the new stockpiles were completed, it was be impossible to order scrap metal and only an handful of manufacture could be done.

6, Apr 2601

The runts and the lab worked together on a data disc they recently found under a cardboard box. Its content was frightening and perhaps this info was better left encrypted.

7, Apr 2601

The brainers rummaged into the bag that the academician they previously interrogated was carrying.

They found a strange device. At first look it was an inert flat square with a glass window on one side, but after poking around it came to life and displayed all kind of information similar to the garbage that the radar displays is throwing all day. The runts should be able to wipe this useless data and add their own.

10, Apr 2601

The bonaventura followed a ship to its landing position.

The combat was not as easy as the gals hoped. First, the pirates stunned all the men outside and it looked like a milk run, but a pair of pirate looking women jumped off the ship and quickly killed two hands. It was even strange that the gals were unable to hit them, not realizing that they are there.

And what was about this guy?

The pirates obviously stepped on another mutants business here. Eve Jobs-sama, who believed that these mutant women were leading the operations asked one to be brought back alive.

One of the catgirls sliced another gal with what looked like a curved sword. This caused Rince Wind to panic and drop her blunderbuss, trying to get back to the bonaventure. Hat hat on the other side, was enraged and decided to turn the catgirls into cat paste, and started throwing bombs at them.

Thankfully the pirates figured a pattern. These mutants could avoid anything from the front and the sides, but angled hits were more of an issue to them. Two gals hitting her with a cattle prod and point blank harpoon bolts proven enough.

These girls are incredible and so are their swords. Eve Jobs-sama did not want to kill them anymore, she wanted to hire them.

The bulky guy was also overwhelmed and stunned. And the ship along with its content was brought back into the hideout.

The pirates seized what looks like an already illegal stash and turned it to an even more illegal stash. The ship was loaded with a lot of weapons! New sniper rifles for Rince Wind, a strangely familiar plasma gun, laser tommy guns, new flasks for the flamethrower, a second flamethrower, drugs, you name it!

As for the hostages, the gals brought back a catgirl, a bugbear, the captain of this operation and a few goons. The catgirl never saw a holding cell. She was immediately thrown into Eve Jobs-sama’s chamber and after spending two days in the Big Boss bed, she told everything about her job and where she came from.

Pirates:

-----

Now there is a lot of choices, let’s pick the research, and what to do with the prisoners.

Research is currently on rifle bullets and scout documentation, here are the choices:
* Ship tech: Slave AI, Warship hull, 30 mm wanon parts, ship engine
* Robotics and stuff: Cyberdisk corpse, damaged grav unit
* Explosives: Dynamite
* Base expansion: Large barracks
* Protection: Gym suit, camo, night-ops
* Weapons: Clockwork gun, advanced weapons rumors, any of the looted guns
* Lore: Who is who, old earth books, runabout doc
* Medical: Combat drugs, crack, medical supplies
* Interrogation: See below
* Misc: Electronics, human booty

Prisoners, we can release them for money or interrogate them. Here are the hostage and their worth in ransom money for each release:
* 4 Academicians, 40k
* 1 Academy engineer, 60k
* 1 Academy security, 40k
* 3 Smuggler goons, 30k
* 1 Bugbear, 50k
* 1 Smuggler captain, 100k
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:36:09 am by Boltgun »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2015, 07:19:39 am »

Research: Who is Who and an Academician.

Should get quite a lot reading done for the next few months, while in the infirmary/own bed, requesting my own catgirl to ... do chores, yes, chores.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »

Hold the Captain for later interrogation.  Extrapolating off the normal game, we probably have to finish some background info before the Captain will tell us anything new.

I'm surprised we're even fighting Smugglers.  I would think we would be on the same side...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2015, 04:19:58 pm »

I'd say research who is who and slavery if you can. Make the cheap prisoners into slaves after interrogating one.

Also: I already captured a Star Lord, but I never even heard of the smugglers. Maybe they are not on the easiest difficulty?

I would say build a large vault, it's better than 4 normal ones.

Does anyone know if the TFTD folder is of any use when I copy my TFTD files in there?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2015, 09:36:10 pm »

I'd say research who is who and slavery if you can. Make the cheap prisoners into slaves after interrogating one.

Also: I already captured a Star Lord, but I never even heard of the smugglers. Maybe they are not on the easiest difficulty?

I think it is more where you have located your hide-out, I've set-up on the eastern border of Morocco, and all I get is Humanists, (teh future haz Neo-Nazis), The Guild, and Academicians.

Absolutely, but it is also a million dollars that you need to save up, and have two by two base squares to locate it.

Does anyone know if the TFTD folder is of any use when I copy my TFTD files in there?

Don't think it matters, Piratez just grabs existing art and map pieces, I suspect.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2015, 05:32:34 am »

Hold the Captain for later interrogation.  Extrapolating off the normal game, we probably have to finish some background info before the Captain will tell us anything new.

I'm surprised we're even fighting Smugglers.  I would think we would be on the same side...

Yes I would guess that it would be better. I already interrogated one academician and one catgirl so far.

And we're pirates, we pillage where the booty is, the smugglers pay no protection money? Their loss. :P

Still because smugglers are also criminals, we get little to no points in attacking them and by extension it will not raise our monthly payment. Not to mention how difficult they can be (bloody catgirls are only 'visible' from diagonal tiles).

This is another reasons that tells me that we should start another base. Not a big one, but an outpost with a skyranger to attack landed ships in another continue should boost our reputation, not to mention the storage issue I am running into. What do you think?

You should try but I don't believe TFTD files will to anything.

Also there is a lot of factions. We fought the spartans in africa and if our base was there, I guess that they would be our main foes and the gals would be wearing camo at this stage.  The Carribeans have smugglers on the other hand, and that seems to net us a lot of weaponry at the expense of fighting tougher aliens.

PS: I just found out that you can produce infinite ammount of items by right clicking the up button in the production order, doing this and checking the sell button allow the runts to produce money without micromanagement. I was creating orders every time before.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:57:20 am by Boltgun »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2015, 10:35:08 am »

The infinite amount tipp is brilliant, thank you!

I'd say don't install a skyranger at a 2nd base, the Bonaventura has enough range. Better to get some kind of fighter there to down shipping.

---
I had just never heard of the smugglers before. I've had read about some deep ones or whatever without ever encountering them and I have three bases that cover every continent.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35