Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152906 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: X-PirateZ, Swabbie squad, away!
« Reply #330 on: October 08, 2015, 02:14:58 pm »

Cool update, and congrats to the rookies for saving us! I hope I can leave the hospital soon.
A weak +1 from me

Don't forget a NSFW warning, if you add certain pictures.

What, are you reading this kind of stuff at work? :) Honestly, if someone does, some pixellated cartoonish tits are unlikely to cause any bigger problems.

EDIT: I've started adding unit pictures. Since I have the template, you can leave it to me - I'll add the pics when articles show up.

Well, not reading it where people can see the screen...

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Intergalactic Radio Station
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2015, 01:45:23 am »

Good job on the wiki, I'll add weapons from time to time.

Aiiiieeeeee, I gotta make an infobox for weapons then!

EDIT: I made two new templates: {{Infobox_weapon}} and {{Infobox_ammo}}. Their application can be seen here and here. Please use them.

It's a bummer we can't have two infoboxes of the same type on one page, otherwise we wouldn't have to make separate entries for clips...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:36:52 am by Solarius Scorch »
Dwarf Fortress: Strike the earth for all it's worth!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2015, 04:48:08 am »

Ah too bad, I was wondering if we could put the damage on the same page, this being important and all but linking the ammo directly is okay.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2015, 05:26:19 am »

Would it be possible to make Infobox_ammo1 through 5. Same box with different names?

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2015, 05:57:49 am »

Would it be possible to make Infobox_ammo1 through 5. Same box with different names?

Yes, but various weapons have different amount of ammo types (from 1 to about 5), so it would require very many templates... I'm afraid that would lead to chaos, since people wouldn't know how to handle that.

Making separate ammo entries seems more practical after all, I think.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2015, 03:06:15 am »

Added 3 guns and one ammo to the wiki, without pictures or raw info because I don't want to spoil myself.

Solarius Scorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2015, 06:00:28 am »

Added 3 guns and one ammo to the wiki, without pictures or raw info because I don't want to spoil myself.

Haha, I know the pain. But being close friends with the author, and a small time contributor, I already know way too much, so I can take this burden upon me to add the pics and so on.

Also, since there's close to no items in the weapons department yet, it's OK if people add just early game items.

EDIT:
I've moved the melee info for the bayoneted musket to the infobox. It's not exactly pretty, but still I think it's better organized this way. If not, I'd like to hear opinions.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:38:42 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2015, 04:31:59 am »

I finished January and started writing up, not much happened this time.

While we wait, let's welcome the Open Xcom players.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2015, 02:44:42 am »

Oh yes. And sometime in February I should be healthy again, so I will get a new chance to heroically kill people from outside their visual range die horribly.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-PirateZ, The boring update
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2015, 02:27:21 pm »

The pirates were approaching many breakthroughs. Eve Jobs-sama had personally put the captive church reverend into translating their holy books and the runts dug more space for a future power generator that will, without a doubt power the hands future weaponry.

21 Jan 2602

Too many ships flew through the pirate controlled area with impunity. With all the ship parts available, the brainers figured a way to assemble smaller engines that can be fitted under the predators wings, as a replacement for missiles. This boost was sure to glue the pilot on her seat.

Also the brainers could not resist but accomplish some very important studies on the goods that the hands brought back. Knowing them, once they were finished playing with those, they suggested that a ‘combat suit’ could be made from this.

22 Jan 2602

Relax time was over, a pogrom ship was spotted, and without any extra engine ready, the predators did not catch it in time.

Unsurprisely, the mutant alliance called for help.

Mutant Pogrom

The gals quickly deployed in a parking lot and took no chances, blowing up whatever opposition they could find there and quickly seizing control of all the area outside the setlement. A cyberdisk was still resisting in a corner but, surrounded, a couple of gals armed with gauss pistols and RPGs could keep it pinned, allowing the team to move eastwards and into what seemed to be a main plaza. Too bad that car insurance was a long lost thing during these troubled time.

Another cyberdisk quickly drawn fire and was taken care off with the gals only rocket launcher.

With both weapon platforms down, the purebloods fighters were picked off one at a time. It would have been perfect if a stray shot did not kill a gal, but that taught her for not paying attention.

23 Jan 2602

Rince Wind was still recovering from her wounds when she heard the news. The runts stole her Godslayer! She stormed stumbled into the workshop as fast as her condition allowed and saw in horror pieces of her beloved sniper rifle all over the tables, mixed with other classic weapons.

The runts stepped aside to reveal what they have done in the middle of the wiring and the grease, Rince Wind was speechless.

Ths sniper rifle was transformed into something beautiful. Godslayer mk.2 could kill a Star God twice as fast and had a nice leather grip.

In another table of the workshop, a gun almanac was mercilessly dissected. The gals learnt the inner working of miniguns and were able to produce bullets en masse for the heavy weapon gals. If the gun’s stopping power was bad against armors, it denied the enemy any cover through a hail of bullets. Of course when the runts talked about bullets, they also meant plasteel.

Then the last piece of the puzzle left the workshop. The runts could make personal antigrav units, they could make plasteel armor, so they combined both. Now the gals could field flying death machines. It does not protect as well as a heavy suit, but the distance will compensate.

24 Jan 2602

Some of the gals felt left out. Sure, flying snipers and mobile heavy weapon gals was going to help on the field but what about the good old frontline? Darkening Kaos was bringing the matter to Eve Jobs-sama but her boss was expecting such reaction. The Big Boss snapped her fingers, ordering a runt to enter with a covered apparatus. Revealing it ended the debate.

Such progress in weaponry pleased the big boss. The pirates were not only looting weapons, they were producing their own design way beyond what the Star Gods allowed humans to wield.

Meanwhile the Brainers spent their time trying the rings and collars the fighters stole from their previous adventures.

26 Jan 2602

Eve Jobs-sama interrogated a few prisoners for fun and got more information from them.

28 Jan 2602

Retaliation ships kept appearing on the radars, it seemed that the powers that be are still trying to find the Cave of Booty without success. The gals fought boredom first with some roleplay…

… thenby applying said roleplay on the captive sailors who were happy to provide more intel.

The brainers also dissected a decaying creature because why not.

The runts on the other hand kept digging for the power station and decided to use extreme methods in other to spare some time to have fun with the other gals.

And so the month ended, the nations are bloody scared, no big surprise.

---

Not much action this time but plenty of good tech, nice.

Spoiler: Pirates (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:34:55 pm by Boltgun »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2015, 04:06:40 pm »

How long till I can start killing stuff again?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2015, 03:29:03 am »

Long distance BBQ-ing?   Yes, please!

Also, that CSG is a thing of great beauty.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »

<3 the runts. I promise to bring something special from one of the next missions. Like cute lingerie, or cool high explosives.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »

Well... 33 days. You endded the base attack with barely any HP from your (long) health bar.

Long distance BBQ-ing?   Yes, please!

Also, that CSG is a thing of great beauty.

I'm sure one good machine gun is going to join the arsenal soon.

<3 the runts. I promise to bring something special from one of the next missions. Like cute lingerie, or cool high explosives.

Flying lingerie death machine, got it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2015, 02:04:31 pm »

Well... 33 days. You endded the base attack with barely any HP from your (long) health bar.

Yeah, those silly humans need to stop worshiping the Star Gods and start worshiping the Pirate Goddess.  If later Psi training reveals that I'm a psi-weakling, I will probably openly weep.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35