Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 425828 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #945 on: June 25, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »

Journal of a ghost

The tavern is going along nicely... Maybe add some magma h- WHAT? Oh, elves....

Some time later

Send all meals to the Depot!

Why is noone doing it?
''LISTEN UP! All of you are to start hauling that stuff, NOW!

After trading

We bought the fun suff, the animals and some random crap cos I was half asleep at the time. Off you go, elves!

And judt in time. I built the magma ramp a bit off... Luckily, there was no flammabls there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:20:06 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #946 on: June 27, 2016, 12:09:28 pm »

I might've made a engraving that crashes the game when viewed. LOL

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #947 on: June 27, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »

Gwolfski: I hate to be the person who says this, but I barely can follow what's going on in your turn as to provide commentary, feedback, or just see what's going on. Could we get some screenshot or something?
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2016, 01:39:59 pm »

It's a ghost, making random noises.  You can't see ghosts unless you're being haunted. 
I'm surprised that my daughter As is still alive from being stressed since year 5--must be that version upgrade.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #949 on: June 27, 2016, 03:03:36 pm »

Ill try get screenshots up tommmroow. Meanwhile have this:

Journal of a ghost

Now we need a name.... How about *incomprehensible noise*. That actually means something? Wow. We have a tavern named the black ruler cat of ruling. Yay.

On another note, the engraver engraved a very wierd engraving in a corner. Somebody fell unconcious for looking at it too long. Oh dear....

Humans came! They gave a lift to a goblin guild representative. What does he want?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 27, 2016, 08:12:26 pm »

*finally catches up*

Nice fort, Breadbowl.

Peaceful, unique, featuring family drama and all the interpersonal conflict and ideas. DF storytelling doesn't have to feature death, destruction and demons every time...the most ghastly thing that happened was definitely the subtle tensions with Sanctume, his daughter and the mayor that didn't result in the daughter being hammered - it was quite intricate, and involved the typical succession fort multi-overseer clashes.

The world's best evil biome award goes to Hill of Death....Or Silent Hill, as Sanctume termed it. Appropriate, given how quiet it is. The water, however, is out to get dwarves. So many drownings....and 5 FPS. Yikes.

Of course, that was till the NCommander phenomenon attacked and occupied breadbowl. 0 oceans, 1 dragon, 2 werebeasts, 3 loyalty cascades and 101+ goblins....Are there any flying firebreathing titans to come flying down from the sky? At least there should be rocs.

And now Gwolfski is playing with fire again. Eek. I hope his ghost doesn't heat itself up in the magma and then set fire to the world again.

...Gwolfski, are you magmagunning the ocean?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:19:11 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #951 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:21 pm »

No, but i think that wou raise fps

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #952 on: June 28, 2016, 11:24:31 am »

Of course, that was till the NCommander phenomenon attacked and occupied breadbowl. 0 oceans, 1 dragon, 2 werebeasts, 3 loyalty cascades and 101+ goblins....Are there any flying firebreathing titans to come flying down from the sky? At least there should be rocs.

I find it amusing I'm considered a force of nature by Bay12 standards. The worse part is though I was a firefighter in real life.

As for the ocean, I put it back before I passed off the save. It should still be there.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 28, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »

Yes, well, you were firefighter in Breadbowl too. After the burning of open flammables, the fort is certainly more fire-safe.
It's a morbidly "good thing" in real life by the time you arrived place was already on fire so nobody could blame you.
Instead, we shall blame Sad the Dragon (What a name!), and the previous overseers who made the place of wood.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 28, 2016, 03:33:27 pm »

The use of wood was a trend since the pick was not included in the embark wagon, and then the baby drowning while breaching the aquifer delayed stone use further.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #955 on: June 28, 2016, 04:17:43 pm »

DFhack allowes you to engrave wierd stuff, such as (50 dorf faces)'s arm.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #956 on: June 28, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »

The use of wood was a trend since the pick was not included in the embark wagon, and then the baby drowning while breaching the aquifer delayed stone use further.

Honestly, won't have helped. Dragonfire can ignite anything that has a melting point. Even stone. (its coded as a temp of 50,000U).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 28, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

Yes, but those things will then proceed to burn as normal fire, thus preventing the map looking like you embarked on black sand desert.

@Gwolfski: Where are you engraving that, though?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #958 on: June 29, 2016, 06:57:42 am »

Top left corner of obsidian room.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #959 on: June 29, 2016, 01:06:43 pm »

Update: Seraching through my pictures folder. should get some screenshots up soonTM

EDIT: this is appropiate

more edit. dont have time to write up, some pics. We got a siege and human caravan. Militia, charge!  http://imgur.com/a/Ux1c0

RIP, humans.

And this is how we deal with politicians....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:45:10 pm by Gwolfski »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105