Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 285411 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 7.0 Mania!! [26/137]
« Reply #1875 on: September 08, 2015, 11:39:41 pm »

"Alright, my notes are not in chronological order, but at least they are separate from each other."

"Really? Really? You. Ugh. Angel. Come down here." Isgon summons his angel to show everyone his wound he got from being shot by an arrow. "If that doesn't prove it, ask Morko, I told him about it. Though he might lie about it."
"No solid evidence points at or away from Sadiq, though I doubt his involvement. Data on the murder weapon:"
From a closer look, you get the impression that the arrow is very well-crafted for its purpose (and do Djinn really even use bows and arrows?). There is a wisp of string snagged on the shaft, suggesting that whoever fired the arrow wanted to do it silently or untraceably. There is no significant theometric data from the arrow directly, but it seems somehow less real than most arrows.

I seem to recall you using the same excuse when Morko got upset over the Alpha Pantheon races murdering Haunts... funny how things change when you want to prove something else, eh?
"The difference is, I actually asked who is responsible and sought proof before acting."

"Yes, we're so sorry for trying to do the VERY BAD THING of attempting to kill the literal incarnation of evil and preventing the destruction of everything. Regardless of what you think of deicide, don't pretend like what we were doing was entirely morally reprehensible."
"Destroying everything would be suicide for any god. Zenurion is not stupid enough to attempt it. Give him some credit and do not attack him without solid proof. As demonstrated, your 'proof' was unrigorous conjecture. As for 'literal incarnation of evil', he sure is doing a lot of good for it."

"Considering the way Zenurion taunted us during the battle, I'm going to hazard a guess and say he has allies who were going to join him. Which of you are Zenurion's allies? Who are you that would damn us under the guise of righteousness just so you may take our Essence and Ichor for yourselves?"
"None of the gods defending Zenurion are allied to him. I keep track of things like this, see. You should too, probably."

"You guys realise you're helping the literal devil, right?"
"Explain why this is a bad thing. Few things are anything by virtue."

"By the way, all this fear and paranoia surrounding this incident is very tasty. Thank you for granting me resources."

((E: fixed broken markup.))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:06:26 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 08, 2015, 11:39:45 pm »

"So I just had a talk with Itia about why she betrayed us and she made some pretty good points. She wanted to be a creator - someone who could add to the world in positive ways. She didn't want to be someone who sneaked around and killed gods. Come to think of it, the same kinda goes for me."

"I'd just planned on making a nice kingdom for myself and relaxing. Somewhere along the way, though, I got more involved in the dirty game of divine politics. I started doing things I shouldn't have done based on very important but ultimately insufficient evidence. I regret my actions and I hope to never do them again. This isn't to say that Zenurion is innocent or even undeserving of death, but it wasn't and isn't my place to decide that. We'll destroy the godslayer and I'll repay the Ichor Zenurion lost out of my own pocket."

Propose that deicide, attempted deicide, and preparation for deicide become illegal.
Propose that a master judge be voted on the enforcement and punishment of all laws be made, the judge being voted from the gods every 10 Ticks.
Propose that when it comes to enforcement of Council Law, all members of the Council will assist regardless of opposition or abstain status. The only exceptions are those who would die from doing so and the defendants.

Abstain on the first proposal. I'm curious to see how others will vote on this. Free good reputation or not putting an obstacle on their plans? Because let's face it these two certainly aren't the only one that plan to kill a god at some point.
Oppose the second proposal. We don't need a position of power to be abused freely, especially after seeing how untrustworthy some of us are.
Oppose the third proposal. I don't want to pay to enforce the inane stuff that get proposed, things like "Make pizza the official food among gods".

Zenurion gestures a dropping tear, accidentally making another bit of flesh fall off.
That was very moving, miss universe. The entire nonexistent audience is in tears after this.

YOU.TRIED.TO.KILL.A.GOD.IN.COLD.BLOOD. A speech about friendship and creativity isn't going to change a thing about this. Your proposition is nice but I'd rather let the council choose of your sentence. And all of that is without counting the huge amount of defamation you constantly bring on me with claims that are shaky at best, and you're even doing it in your ***** "apologies"! And this "Evidence" isn't strong, it's a joke for everyone. Something that will be taught in history books as the most stupid thing ever uttered in creation. I'm not exaggerating here, read it again a few more times to let it sink and you'll see what I mean, especially considering that it was used to justify a god's murder.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:54 pm »

"Assertion=false_
logic:(minimum)=claim:("Isgon":(justification:(kill:("Sadiq"))))_"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 08, 2015, 11:48:16 pm »

"Assertion=false_

((I'm not sure I understood that bit, could you clarify?))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 08, 2015, 11:50:24 pm »

"Assertion=false_

((I'm not sure I understood that bit, could you clarify?))

((He is saying that he follows Isgon's claims and states he wants to murder Sadiq. Easy, really.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:01 am »

Too many tings are happenin' and not happenin'. I says we force da two ta go back in time ta stop demselves from attackin' Z guy, an' make an illusion ta pretend dey did."
"This plan is at best extremely risky due to Paradox. I advise not attempting it."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 09, 2015, 02:20:42 am »

Eid, Isgon, what you've done is unforgivable.

Eid, we've had our quarrels. Some of these were because of mistakes, yet others were initiated by the both of us. I have forgiven you for all of these, yet you tried to kill one of our siblings. And you tried to kill one of my friends. Yet you had your reasons for it, how bad they might be, and your kind words about me have caused me to reconsider the punishment I had in mind for you.

Isgon. You are a different case. You tried to kill one of my best friends, and you seem to cool-bloodedly have defended your actions. May your disgusting vulturemen will gnaw the rotten meat of your bones, and may your sickening bones fertilize the farms of our worlds for many years to come. You shall not be forgiven."

Propose that Eid's angels will be destroyed, his shrines desecrated and his clergy lynched, all while he dwells the earth like a normal mortal obeying Zenurion.
Propose that Isgon be executed, his flesh fed to his followers, his bones turned into bone meal, and the remaining parts of his immortal soul be locked in the constellations.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 09, 2015, 02:53:23 am »

"What about the rest of the pantheon? Jens, Itia, Srillian, Aedif? And maybe, just maybe, those punishments are too harsh, especially considering we do not yet have any laws and this is merely an impromtu trial. Furthermore, we do not yet know everything there is to know about this case."

Propose that deicide, attempted deicide, and preparation for deicide become illegal.
Oppose.
"Allow me to clarify my stance on this: what if a god accused of attempted deicide claims they only intended to injure the other god? What is 'preparation for deicide'? Is it allowing your Flux level to rise to its cap for maximum power? This law proposal has so many holes, I am surprised mortals have not started to worship its holiness."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 09, 2015, 03:05:34 am »

"if I might make a suggestion? I say we strip them both of their godly powers and bind them to walk the worlds as mortals until they prove themselves worthy of Godhood again. They may not seek aid or support from the races that worship them."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 09, 2015, 03:10:51 am »

Propose that Eid's angels will be destroyed, his shrines desecrated and his clergy lynched, all while he dwells the earth like a normal mortal obeying Zenurion.
Oppose. "I'm the one who committed the crime and I'm the one who should be punished, if I must be. Lolohe had nothing to do with this and neither did my clergy. While I accept the punishment of being chained to the earth for a time, I won't worship another god, least of all Zenurion. I will, however, repay the Ichor which he lost."

Propose that Isgon be executed, his flesh fed to his followers, his bones turned into bone meal, and the remaining parts of his immortal soul be locked in the constellations.
Oppose. "His followers had nothing to do with it either. Feeding them their god is being cruel to those who are completely innocent."

"What about the rest of the pantheon? Jens, Itia, Srillian, Aedif? And maybe, just maybe, those punishments are too harsh, especially considering we do not yet have any laws and this is merely an impromtu trial. Furthermore, we do not yet know everything there is to know about this case."
"The others had nothing to do with it. I and Isgon were the only ones involved, putting Essence into the godslayer over time to manage the cost and decrease it."

"Allow me to clarify my stance on this: what if a god accused of attempted deicide claims they only intended to injure the other god? What is 'preparation for deicide'? Is it allowing your Flux level to rise to its cap for maximum power? This law proposal has so many holes, I am surprised mortals have not started to worship its holiness."
"Perhaps, then, we should make it illegal for the creation of things with the Godslayer trait?"

"if I might make a suggestion? I say we strip them both of their godly powers and bind them to walk the worlds as mortals until they prove themselves worthy of Godhood again. They may not seek aid or support from the races that worship them."
"This is a punishment to consider, but there is a problem. How would we prove ourselves worthy of Godhood? Should we respect the sanctity of life as Zenurion and Morthan do not? Should we slaughter all who stand before us which most gods would despise? Should we earn our worthiness in our own ways? Should we simply wait? Each of us considers worth differently and it must be made clear what we should do."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:15:19 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 09, 2015, 03:24:10 am »

"And yet, we cannot be sure that an arbitrary time will be sufficient, either. I do not how you should prove yourselves, if that is the defining trait we choose. Perhaps a quest, one designed with your spheres and personalities in mind?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 09, 2015, 03:26:37 am »

"My sphere is that of divine servants. What quest could possibly incorporate that?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 09, 2015, 03:50:12 am »

Oppose. "I'm the one who committed the crime and I'm the one who should be punished, if I must be. Lolohe had nothing to do with this and neither did my clergy. While I accept the punishment of being chained to the earth for a time, I won't worship another god, least of all Zenurion. I will, however, repay the Ichor which he lost."
"All of your angels are your servants, and will remain so even if you are bound. They must be eliminated or stripped of their loyalty to you to render you fully powerless."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 09, 2015, 04:04:09 am »

"All of your angels are your servants, and will remain so even if you are bound. They must be eliminated or stripped of their loyalty to you to render you fully powerless."
"I would rather their loyalty be stripped from me than they be eliminated, but I would prefer a pact that we don't contact each-other until whatever sentence I take is done."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 09, 2015, 04:10:52 am »

"The others had nothing to do with it. I and Isgon were the only ones involved, putting Essence into the godslayer over time to manage the cost and decrease it."
"It takes three to create a Godslayer. Who, then, is the third collaborator, if not any of your pantheon comrades?"

"This is a punishment to consider, but there is a problem. How would we prove ourselves worthy of Godhood? Should we respect the sanctity of life as Zenurion and Morthan do not? Should we slaughter all who stand before us which most gods would despise? Should we earn our worthiness in our own ways? Should we simply wait? Each of us considers worth differently and it must be made clear what we should do."
"There is no need for a slaughter, but you, Eid, ought to learn to a) understand necessary evils, b) avoid prejudice towards those branded 'evil' (or anyone, for that matter), c) not take justice to your own hands when there is a better way, d) collect proper, rigorous evidence, e) present your thoughts without coming off as an insane, prejudiced conspiracy theorist, and f) not be condescending about being apologetic. There is probably more, and I could make a similar list for Isgon.

"These are only my thoughts on the matter, but they could, with some elaboration, be made into a quest for you."
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 246