Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 28834 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D1: Believing Drunken Rants
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2015, 05:06:34 pm »

Why? He isn't and doesbt seem lile scum.

How do you know he isn't? rip tnt
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2015, 05:17:37 pm »

I'm here hitting the refresh button while everyone else is jacking off. Fine I'll go read fm vs nsfw.
Or not it's cool.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:58 pm »

nsfw? That would be a better name actually. And your posts are a tiny bit hard to understand, I'll do more when I finish my RTD update.
One wheel short of a wagon

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: D1: Believing Drunken Rants (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2015, 05:34:15 pm »

Roo:
fairly sure griff guy is town he walks the line of believing his own bullshit. Although the only thing that worries me is griffs mafia god complex.
That I do! And yes, it worries me too.  :D
Quote from: Rest of Roo's posts
-snip-
laughs a lot
I seriously hope both of us are around tomorrow, playing with you is going to be awesome!

NJW2000:
Does the fact that I stated that it was odd for a townie to post first in this manner, rather than scum suggest to you that I may not have fully believed that Moonlit was town?
Where did you state this? Link or quote please?

Please, you've managed to get me a lynch crew based on this, the fact that I pursued someone who I thought was scum a lot, and the fact that I felt the person who voted for me in a semi-random and rather ineffective(directly) manner was behaving oddly.

Having previously been over-rigourously defended (I didn't attack them, see pages 4-onwards, I think) near the start by the person I believe to be scum.
I didn't have an issue with your case on Frostmoon, take that up with Persus.  I don't like the way you tunneled her and Moonlit to the exclusion of everyone else, but that's not the same as thinking your case on them was particularly bad or suspicious.

So can you just explain precisely, in greater detail, what was so scummy about my statement.
I don't know that I can.... The statement is suspicious because it only makes sense (on any layer, not just the simple "yes, I know you will call yourself town so I will humor that" layer that is common) as being based on knowledge that you shouldn't have had.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2015, 05:47:37 pm »

@griffion I play to get to lylo. If I happen to get scum along the way great.
Or not it's cool.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2015, 05:52:02 pm »

@Griffionday

Moonlit: why did you jump in first, as wouldn't we get more information out of a scum first post, which would get them noticed early on but make them look town?
I specifically asked him why he would not wait, if he was town, for scum to post. I feel that this strongly implies that I felt it was scummy behaviour: I suggested that what a town person would do would be to wait.

Moonlit: I meant that a first post gives us more info if they're scum, so townies might not want to do it. Scum often hop straight into random tactics at the start.
Here, in fact. There is no point not assuming somebody is town when phrasing a question to them. I could have said:

Quote from: counterfactual
Me: So Moonlit, seeing as town players wait till the scum feel they have to make a first post to make themselves seem more active, and thus give town more info, you're obviously scum, aren't you?

Moonlit: No. RVS. Are you scum?

Me: No. Damn, this is harder than I thought.
I could have done this. But it wouldn't have got onto Moonlit's explanation of his first post as town-ism as fast, which was the stuff I was trying to get to, skipping the above.

@Everyone: does everyone else find my sentence to seem like a scumslip? Or has Griffionday got the wrong end of the stick (or is lying,etc) somewhere?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »

wait is njw blatant scum?
Or not it's cool.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

I feel slightly differently from Moonlit. I cannot see why I am blatant scum. If it is only the wording of the first post, then everyone will be cross with me if the lynch happens, I suppose.

And my attack on moonlit was not defense. He had one vote on me, my main suspect had 3. I thought Moonlit's play seemed scummy when looking at his posting history and at the person I was pretty sure was scum. I'd not be stupid enough to try and defend myself massively in that situation, if I were scum, I'd just assume Moonlit was changing his vote about.

In fact, I said as much before I suspected Moonlit. I just was interested in his rationale, and enquired further, which made him look scummy in my eyes:
While I'd rather not be kicked out the game on the first day, one vote isn't a pressure move. Or it's a pretty lame one. I find your sudden and apparently unmotivated change odd, and even odder the fact that you tell me you're just trying to pressurise me, but I guess it's consistent with earlier flailing on your part.

Moonlit: if all you're doing is flailing when doing stuff like this, and single unmotivated votes aren't gonna scare someone this late in the day, why didn't you bandwagon someone to freak them out? It would have been equivalent to an early flail, I think. You vote seems to be heading us towards nolynch.
Not attack, simply a little questioning in response to a vote.

@Griffionday, if this question was so blatantly scumslip, how on earth did it get by? It was my first post, didn't people even look at it?

Moonlit: you've said that I wasn't suspiscious without unvoting me. Weird, or mistake? Also, here you said that I was the scummiest, then here when you said you weren't suspiscious of me.

EBWOP

Hmm... NJW2000 actually said we 'have' a bandwagon on him. Don't know why he would want to point this out. Seems a little scummy.
NJW2000: Wait, you said that scum might post first in order to seem town, as 'they'd be contributing to the suggestion in a major way.'
Do you still think I may be scum due to that reason, as I haven't really affected the game as much as some others, in my opinion.

A)Why is it scummy to point out that a bunch of people are talking about voting on me?
B)No, that was just a post to get into the game, and try and find out the motivations behind the first post. I still think you're a bit odd, especially if Frostmoon is scum, which I think she is, though not because of that. You answered that... hell, it doesn't matter too much, we've got plenty of information on you anyhow. I need to sleep soon. I'm talking about that because it's meant to be a scumslip, not because the answer is particularly relevant.
C) You seem like you'd really rather like to get me lynched. All of your posts discuss people voting for me. Is this actual, real pressure now? Because Griffionday did most of that. DO you actually find me scummy now?

Frostmoon: your account is active, you said you'd post today, not contributing I see?

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2015, 06:49:08 pm »

Whoever's Online!: When does this day end? I'm currently typing up a larger post, but I really need to know when this day ends. Thanks in advance to whoever responds. :3

NJW: Look, I'm typing up something right now. As in, something way larger than this. Or at least, hopefully way larger than this, but if this day ends in say, an hour, then it won't be that large. And you know what? This entire I've been online I've been typing up one post and looking through this thread. Does that answer your question?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2015, 06:50:29 pm »

Yep.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:17 pm »

Yep.
Then can you answer the first question, please?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:29 pm »

Whoever's Online!: When does this day end? I'm currently typing up a larger post, but I really need to know when this day ends. Thanks in advance to whoever responds. :3
Frostmoon: 9:00 PM PST, September 12.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2015, 06:54:23 pm »

Frostmoon: 9:00 PM PST, September 12.
Oh. So I can stop rushing my post. Thank you soooo much, DoctorMcTaalik's replacement! :3

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2015, 06:56:30 pm »

I have questions for Griffion about the arguments he has based on my first post. So far, they have not been answered.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:21 pm »

Alright I tire of these monkey shines. I can see how njws first post: 'Why not wait for scum to post first' could be considered a slip i.e how does njw know that moonlit is not scum. But due to the fact that it is simply a stupid question and raises the issue of why would scum njw ask this right out of the gate. It is not optimal play. Granted scum can be dumb I think this is more tongue in cheek.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18