Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A quickie URealms adventure - applicants needed (1/4)  (Read 2042 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
A quickie URealms adventure - applicants needed (1/4)
« on: August 21, 2016, 10:23:45 pm »

Alright so I'm going off to college in a few days but I want to do a quick little rpg thing.  I'm gonna be using the URealms game rules, which in short is a DnD-like RPG which is more focused on standalone adventure rather than multi-session campaigns and rather than leveling up to improve your characters, you can gain powerful treasures, spells, and items.  The game are gonna be slightly altered since some tabletop elements don't transition well into forum posts, and because the less hassle the more likely this can be finished before I leave(though I might have time to do it at college).  Pictures will be big in this OP because of raisins.  Also this game will update whenever I have time within reason, so if we have to wait for someone we will for a bit.

Character Creation/Shop

Here are the Races you can choose from, each with their own passive.  The number in the corner indicates that race's bonus stamina.

Now for classes, each class has 3 abilities but you can only pick 2.  Each class also gains bonus stamina, and abilities use stamina.

Whoo boy, now for the shop.  Each of you have money from your starting class and your race if you are a dwarf.  Money is used to buy things, like items.  After encounters, you will be shown a shop where you can purchase powerful treasures, but for now only items can be purchased.  The shop is infinite so don't worry about buying something someone else wanted.  Do note that classes start with class-specific items which you do not need to purchase.  Armor gives bonus stamina.

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

The "Random Attribute" item will give you a random attribute chosen by me and some dice, which is used to help flesh-out your character as well as for added hilarity.

Copy this character sheet and fill it in to apply.  If you are buying multiple of something write it as "item X (number of purchases)".  The extra spells for elves and the random attributes will be done once I choose the players.  Also if anybody feels like I'm forgetting something, don't wait to point it out, post in the thread or PM me.

Name:
Race:
Class&Abilities:
Inventory:
Money:
Description:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:52:37 am by Cthulufaic »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: A quickie URealms adventure - applicants needed (0/4)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:20 am »

~almost forgot to reserve a post for char stats~

Spoiler: Dagkral Ironheart (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oami Ironheart (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Danyna Ironheart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:08:30 pm by Cthulufaic »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:32:41 am »

Good luck at college!

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:52:26 am »

Good luck at college!
Thanks!  Alright so just to total it up, you have 50 stamina with a 10 base, +10 from dwarf and warrior, and +20 from the heavy plate.  I might as well do the random attributes as people sign-up, so pray to RNG!
You have received
Spoiler: Devout (click to show/hide)
and
Spoiler: Cowpoke (click to show/hide)
These attributes give you 6 more stamina, resulting in you having 56 stamina and 56 shield from your greatshield.  You are one beefy dude.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: A quickie URealms adventure - applicants needed (1/4)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »

I might as well flesh out what little, generic plot there is to see if it piques anyone's interest.

Your band of adventurers has been hired out to clear out poachers who have been reportedly hunting near the small town of Enumar, worrying its mayor about food shortages during the winter.  You have been told that there are at least 10 poachers roaming the land near the town who must be dealt with.
Spoiler: Map/Board (click to show/hide)

Immaterial, since you're the first one you can be the leader of the group(if you want of course).

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 03:02:58 pm »

I might as well do the random attributes as people sign-up, so pray to RNG!
You have received
Spoiler: Devout (click to show/hide)
and
Spoiler: Cowpoke (click to show/hide)
Thanks for rolling those! I think I now know what Balad's 'unforgivable crime' was: he doesn't speak with a Scottish accent. A southern twang is disgusting on a Dwarf, at least to another Dwarf. A non-Dwarf probably wouldn't even notice.

These attributes give you 6 more stamina, resulting in you having 56 stamina and 56 shield from your greatshield.  You are one beefy dude.
That was my goal: be as tanky as possible. Luckily, it looks like I/you rolled pretty well on those attributes.

Immaterial, since you're the first one you can be the leader of the group(if you want of course).
If no one else particullary wants leadership, I'll take it. What does that mean, gamewise?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 03:23:45 pm »

If no one else particullary wants leadership, I'll take it. What does that mean, gamewise?
That basically means you get first dibs on any treasures the group finds and the rest of the group is encouraged to follow your directions unless they have something else in mind.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 12:57:14 pm »

I think this game looks really cool, and I'd really like to play. Would you be opposed to me making three other characters and soloing it? I'd even be down try and solo this with just Balad.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 07:16:47 am »

I think this game looks really cool, and I'd really like to play. Would you be opposed to me making three other characters and soloing it? I'd even be down try and solo this with just Balad.
Thats absolutely fine.  I'll still let other people join, and everything can be easily tuned to 7 PCs instead of 4.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:11:29 pm »

Clan Ironheart is less of a formal Dwarven clan, a collection of families bound by blood, and more reminiscent of a mercenary company. It is a home for Dwarves who have been cast out of their homes and branded as outsiders. Some may have formal ties of blood, but they are held together through a mix of companionship, and the intricate web of mutual debt that emerges when many dwarves live and work in close proximity for years on end. These are just a few of their members.

Spoiler: Dagkral Ironheart (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oami Ironheart (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Danyna Ironheart (click to show/hide)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 07:01:34 pm »

Alright, now for the random attributes:

Spoiler: Dagkral's Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oami's Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Danya's Attributes (click to show/hide)

I will update the character stat list and I'll get started on the story Soontm

O yea other people can still join so don't worry about Immaterial filling up the party.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 09:00:41 pm »

The Ironheart band arrives in Enumar, an Elven town with a large Dwarven population, here because you've been hired to get rid of some poachers who've been hunting near town.  Enumar is a small village, with only a few hundred people living in it with the modest temple located near the center of town being the largest building.  The town seems to be doing alright for itself, people are walking around content, with local merchants setting up stalls along the main road hawking their wares.  An Elf wearing fine clothes and a green silk sash draped across his chest approaches you with a slightly worried look on his face.

"You must be the group I hired, I-I presume?  The poachers have been getting quite, uh, aggressive lately.  I'm surprised you didn't run into them on your way here, but that's none of my business it's yours now.  Now remember, the deal was 1000 gold for each of you and another 2000 to divide among yourselves if you bring me proof that you've killed the poacher's leader, an experienced Kobold who calls himself Charnol.  He'll have an ornate gold earring, if reports are correct, so you should easily be able to identify him.  Any questions about the job?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 10:12:16 pm »

Balad huffs, with a slight bit of indignation, and says "We've got no questions, not by a jugful. We know our business. I reckon we'll be done before nightfall, so keep a pot on."
The group hefts their weapons, and clanks off in the direction of the bandit camp, as indicated by the map they had been given.

-On the journey-
Dagkral is examining the map as the group trods along, occasionally pausing to take his bearings against the map. "Do you think we're even going the right way? The villagers didn't exactly put a lot of landmarks on this map."
"Well, there's not many landmarks to begin with, mate. They would if they could," Danya shoots back, waving an arm at the rather unremarkable forest surrounding them.
"These bandits are surely hiding in fear from us, is all! We will set them right quick enough!" belts out Oami, as their helm raises to the treeline, scanning for threats.
"Cut yer jawing, we're getting close. Oami, Danya, up and to the sides. Dagkral, watch the rear."
At their leaders orders, the dwarves drifted into position, with Oami and Danya in the front, a few steps apart, Balad right behind, followed closely by Dagkral. The logic behind this was that, despite the heavily armored nature of the entire party, being hit was still a bad thing. This formation allows everyone to benefit from the protection that Balad's shield provides, without leaving everyone open to a grenadier, or similar foe.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 10:14:26 am »

The path winds through the forest and you cross several small trails during your journey.  Eventually the path splits into two.  On the left you can barely make out a rocky cliff face through the foliage, and the right seems to only lead deeper into the forest.  Both paths seem equally well-trodden.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 02:43:31 pm »

Balad calls a halt, and the group huddles up, planning their next move.
"Is this on the map?" Oami asks Dagkral.
"There are seven different rock faces on this map! Does that look more like a Sugar Point, Calvert Cliffs, or Gants' Bluff to you?" Dagkral shoots back, twisting the map this way and that way in frustration.
"Keep it down, you two. My bet would be that the highway men are holed up in a cave in the rock face, instead of camped out in the open," Balad interjects, gesturing with a metal-clad hand to the bluff. "That should be our first stop."
"I don't know, mate... not every race likes to sleep under the earth. They might be out in the woods."
Bickering ensues, and the choice is made by coin-flip; the group marches deeper into the woods, away from the bluff.