Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 56639 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 42.XX Adventure thread
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »

I've scoured a dozen plus towns and hamlets and found no sign of a library. ;w;

Oh well. My kobold war dance shall now be immortal.

EDIT: Found a codex in a bandit camp. It's...WHAT!? Master of The Light of Day again?

Halfway across the world I find a duplicate the only book I've encountered so far.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:37:52 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #316 on: December 06, 2015, 11:21:29 pm »

I long last, I found a blank scroll in a mead hall.

What to write about though...

Went to a library and found a coffer full of blank quires and scrolls. I'm writing down my musical compositions, making short stories and novels, but now i'm going to focus on essays and historical works. I'm going to leave one scroll or quire left for my autobiography.

They're way to difficult to get, in the library it took 6 seconds for me to walk one tile and there wasn't a whole lot there.

SO you are able to choose subjects for books? Sweet I could become a anti-peace philosopher.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Nibblewerfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 06, 2015, 11:35:56 pm »

Became an impala man adventurer, basically just run around like a horn dwarf wearing their armor and dancing a jig or three with my giant group of dwarf drunks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2015, 11:53:01 pm »

I long last, I found a blank scroll in a mead hall.

What to write about though...

Went to a library and found a coffer full of blank quires and scrolls. I'm writing down my musical compositions, making short stories and novels, but now i'm going to focus on essays and historical works. I'm going to leave one scroll or quire left for my autobiography.

They're way to difficult to get, in the library it took 6 seconds for me to walk one tile and there wasn't a whole lot there.

SO you are able to choose subjects for books? Sweet I could become a anti-peace philosopher.

You can choose from several types of book, but the subject is random. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2015, 12:02:50 am »

I've scoured a dozen plus towns and hamlets and found no sign of a library. ;w;

Oh well. My kobold war dance shall now be immortal.

EDIT: Found a codex in a bandit camp. It's...WHAT!? Master of The Light of Day again?

Halfway across the world I find a duplicate the only book I've encountered so far.

Well, I guess it must be popular, and given that you found it among bandits, probably not very good.

...You may have found the Dwarven version of Twilight.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2015, 12:04:29 am »

It's a derpy book describing how daylight is affected by the seasons.

So more like the dwarven Farmer's Almanac? o3o

EDIT: I've noticed that wandering goblin bandits aren't as prone to instant hostility as they used to be. I have to actually puzzle out the names of local bandit leaders, then ask them about said leaders, in order to weasel out an admission that they're affiliated with bandits, lest I murder innocent locals.

Last time I lopped off some heads without doing detective work, I assassinated what was presumably the capital's war leader equivalent because he was a chief and I assumed he was actually a criminal leader. ;w;
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:05:05 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »

a king killer?

You must become lord of everywhere now..sinc ethey will hate you anyway.
I am an indie game dev!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2015, 06:08:44 pm »

a king killer?

You must become lord of everywhere now..sinc ethey will hate you anyway.

Nope, just someone hated by the local lady, I bugged out of there rather quickly.

And...I have a library at last. That I can't get in. Fuuuuck.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2015, 06:53:02 pm »

In a hillocks I was in, killed the mayor and was then elected mayor :P
(sadly i was killed very shortly afterwards by this jerk "erol" (who I later assassinated with another adventurer... so i am not sure what being the mayor *actually* entails other then a cool title.

The deathangels are a group i created in that hillocks with another adventurer if you are curious.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:03:58 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2015, 09:55:21 pm »

"In a time before time, I attacked me."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 07, 2015, 11:03:47 pm »

"In a time before time Somebody attacked Somebody"
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 08, 2015, 06:57:42 am »

"In a time before time Somebody attacked Somebody"
"In a time before time, I saw myself die."
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 08, 2015, 09:26:11 am »

As a vampire goblin dancer living in a dorf fort I saw some funny results.

I hadn't been discovered in the act of feeding, and I wasn't the only goblin there, nobody accused me directly, but I noticed they'd make the weird statement "Recently a goblin attacked Oneof Myvictims."

I was like "waaaait, am I "a goblin" and they just don't know it was actually me?"

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 08, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »

Decided to have one more go at this adventuring business.  This time I created a bard-type character who loved his tetrahedrite spothrib so much that he simply couldn't put it away. Literally. Every time I tried to put his instrument into his backpack or other container a duplicate of it simply appeared into his hands. At first I thought I had found a way to INFINITE INSTRUMENTS, but for some reason the maximum was two; older copies disappeared when another one was put into any container. Then I tried to drop one of the pieces, and both instruments simply vanished.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »

Y'know, when I say "brown recluse cave spider man", you'd think a six-armed anthro spider, at about 1.8 m, an average human height, righto?

Well, I just realised that most animal men are tiny. Like, uh, brown recluse spider men? Well, humans are 70,000 cm3. Spidermen are 35,000 cm3. They're literally not even a metre, if we're going with the supposed average human height I just gave above!

And if we consider that 1.8 m might be a lil' bit tall for a human at that time, considering lacking medical practices, general hygiene, no refrigeration thus limited food intake, THESE SPIDERMEN ARE SO FRICKIN' ITSY BITSY.

...So, um, yeah. That's how I started thinking about animal men not as badass furries, but as cute wittle murderous chibis.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31