Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 222462 times)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.01 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2016, 05:00:03 am »

Hi. Just wanted to say thanks for making the changes.  I've actually been maintaining my own version locally for a while and have merged in most of the recent changes as you have been updating it recently.

I was doing some work with ObjectListView to have a better list control for filtering and sorting. I also did my own legends_plus xml merging.  Quite a bit is incompatible with the current release so the merging work is getting to be quite a bit. 

Anyway I'm just making you aware of it if you are interested in merging it in.  The change history is not really useful since I was maintaining it for myself but felt I should at least post it back to see if you are interested.  Also helps me if merges are less painful in the future.  Some of my approaches to events and strings may be less error prone and useful but I'll let you determine that for yourself since you seem to know what you are doing.

Additional Information:

Wow, I am definitely interested, this looks gorgeous!

I'll try to merge it into a stable version.

Edit: THX figment!
Basics are in, I added the ObjectListView to entities and regions too and will continue for all other tabs and subtabs over the next days.
I didn't have the time to go through your other xml parse / event improvements today but thats also on my list.
If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you could fork my branch and help me to incorporate more of your code.  :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:23:28 pm by Kromtec »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.16.02 (0.42.XX Compatible) Unoffical Branch
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 02:29:05 am »

New Release 1.16.02!

Now that DFHack has released an alpha version for 0.42.05 it wont be long till the LazyNewbPack catches up.
So lets release a version of Legends Viewer with figments' NavigationPanel Enhancements + some other tweaks.
Next release will have to wait until I played a lot of XCOM2...  :D

Changelog:
# Group- and Sortable Lists + Bugfixes

### ObjectListView all Tabs - THX figment!
* add columns
* group by columns
* sort by columns

### Event Enhancements
* HF disturbed structure
* HF razed structure
* HF died - new DeathCause "Spikes"

### Bugfixes
* parsing event "item lost"

### Tweaks
* Filter for Artifact Types
* Filter for Entity Types
* README.md as Startpage

**Note:**
_The new legends_plus.xml features require [DFHack](https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases) which is usually included in [Lazy Newb Pack](http://lazynewbpack.com/) for exporting the additional XML file!_
_To display the population chart and family trees correctly you will need IE9+ rather than IE7+ as previously._

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2016, 02:42:54 am »

New Release 1.16.02!

Now that DFHack has released an alpha version for 0.42.05 it wont be long till the LazyNewbPack catches up.

Heh, 19 minutes after TwbT - which was the last thing I'm waiting for.  Should be up shortly!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 11:44:14 pm »

Basics are in, I added the ObjectListView to entities and regions too and will continue for all other tabs and subtabs over the next days.
I didn't have the time to go through your other xml parse / event improvements today but thats also on my list.
If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you could fork my branch and help me to incorporate more of your code.  :)

Sorry I missed this also have been very busy and will continue to be so for another week.  I did actually merge in your branch. I figured that git would sort out that they both derived from same repo and handle a merge more gracefully since I merged in your master multiple times.   I guess not.

I'd be happy to help when I have more time but alas not until next wednesday i think at the earliest if I'm lucky.  But thanks for trying (or succeeding since you had other changes merged).

The only thing that I would really like is not to have to have an internet connection for the code to work correctly.  I couldn't figure out how to embedded the css files and make them actually work I guess more needed there.  Maybe there is a way to intercept the webbrowser download and supply a local version.  Anyway, thanks for our work.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:47:22 pm by figment »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2016, 04:08:19 am »

I'd be happy to help when I have more time but alas not until next wednesday i think at the earliest if I'm lucky.  But thanks for trying (or succeeding since you had other changes merged).

No problem, as I sayed earlier I won't have time in the near future too.  :)

The only thing that I would really like is not to have to have an internet connection for the code to work correctly.  I couldn't figure out how to embedded the css files and make them actually work I guess more needed there.  Maybe there is a way to intercept the webbrowser download and supply a local version.  Anyway, thanks for our work.

I saw your efforts, but sadly embedding css files like font-awesome.min.css directly into the generated HTML doesn't do anything other than bloating the page. Without the font the css has no purpose and the font can only be loaded if you have a connection.

The only way I could think of how to do this without an internet connection is by hosting a real page locally instead of only generating a HTML-string set as WebBrowser.DocumentText. But that would mean a larger rewrite of this system.

The second thing is the readme page on start. You added it as a html file but that means I would have to maintain the README.html as well as the already maintained README.md.

What are the downsides of not having an internet connection when running Legends Viewer?
You get a blank page on startup like in the previous years since Legends Viewer was first released.
You dont see the fancy icons like in the previous years since Legends Viewer was first released.

I think there are more pressing issues like sorting the ObjectListView with click on the column header VS. sorting the underlying list with the filter/sort panel is not synchronized or implementing your awesome ToSaveLink() extension for all Print() calls.

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 01:51:20 pm »

I merged again.  github wont let me fork from your build as I already have one from the base library.  I will try a second merge starting from your library and see the conflicts and see what I can do to minimize the issues.  Some are just going to happen because of different approaches to World and Events but in theory are mostly ok from my perspective.

Regarding the internet connection, I dont always have an internet connection and would like it to work consistently when I dont.  I also have an aggressive firewall that alerts on every outbound connection which I dont like whitelisting apps just because they need to check a website if the latest build was successful.  If the files can be precompiled that would be nice.  This isn't an app that really benefits from internet.  Further it doesn't really cache files like a browser would for files that dont change so every time you load it redownloads several MB of files.  I understand that my view is minority view so I'll live.

The WCF library had a bug related to resizing width while collapsed so that it would not reexpand completely.  I should check that into a repo but updated the dll for now to workaround it.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2016, 04:58:58 am »

Gotta love this. Though event filters for sites doesn't seem to be working, and I'm not sure why the legends_plus isn't being automatically picked up when I load the main legends file (ie, the box doesn't turn green). Would you consider placing the family tree below all of the more important stuff? Right now it just takes up the whole hist figure view in a really bulky way.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:09:31 am by Bearskie »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2016, 04:23:36 pm »

A lot of this new information added is interesting to the curious, but it's not the info people search for first, so most the time it's quite spammy. Couldn't categories be collapsible, so only brief header info for the category is visible until a user elects to expand it? Or even make the collapse states independently configurable? Would it speed up page loading if each category's info were loaded only if the category is expanded?

GiuseppeIII

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2016, 04:59:23 pm »

I am unable to use the Legends Plus XML with Legends Viewer. Whenever I enter the file, the box stays grey and when I enter the Legends XML into Legends Viewer it doesn't automatically find the file and the box stays grey.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2016, 11:33:39 pm »

Is there a chance this utility will be expanded to include the ability to easily track noble titles? In one of my games, a dwarf inherited the title of a mountain hall that had been ruined for at least a hundred years. It is fairly inconsequential, but I can't help but feel like it would be a neat addition. I only found this program recently but it's great so far. Keep up the good work :)

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »

I cant seem to make Legends Viewer work. Every time i try to load xml i get this error ->

I am playing Dark Ages II.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2016, 09:04:24 pm »

I love a lot of the new features here, however...the performance is incredibly poor with large histories when compared to the last version by the first author.   The performance issues are *severe*, and it uses something on the order of 250% of the memory compared to previous versions.   This is a lot;   It won't really be useable until this can be pared down some.  Perhaps some indexing? 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2016, 09:03:13 pm »

I cant seem to make Legends Viewer work. Every time i try to load xml i get this error ->

I'm also having trouble getting this to work with Dark Ages II (more detail here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72702.msg6967161#msg6967161 (apologies if I posted in the wrong thread!)). Legends Browser and World Viewer don't seem to have any issue with the same files, though.

figment

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2016, 11:17:14 pm »

I'm also having trouble getting this to work with Dark Ages II (more detail here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72702.msg6967161#msg6967161 (apologies if I posted in the wrong thread!)). Legends Browser and World Viewer don't seem to have any issue with the same files, though.
The problem appears to be with the world map.  Was that exported from Legends mode?  Otherwise it might be corrupted or something and possibly the other versions dont use it so dont have problems.  Maybe its name doesn't match the prefix expected.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2016, 07:08:54 am »

Please upload a zip from a world with this error, that contains these files:
Code: [Select]
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends.xml
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-legends_plus.xml (if you exported this file using DFHack)
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_history.txt
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_map.bmp
regionx-xxxxx-xx-xx-world_sites_and_pops.txt

You can upload it to Dwarf Fortress File Depot.

I will try to fix this problem.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31