Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Export Wealth Problems in .04, any fixes?  (Read 13162 times)

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Export Wealth Problems in .04, any fixes?
« on: January 09, 2016, 01:56:58 pm »

Hi all, I've encountered a weird problem where export wealth in my Z screen isn't increasing. Is anyone else suffering from this? And is export wealth working fine for a lot of people?
I've seen this mentioned in a couple of forum posts and on the bug tracker but it seems to attracted little attention given that it prevents a lot of features (nobles, human liasons etc.). I've had this happen on every fort and world I've genned so far in 42.04 (vanilla). Weirdly in my first fort the exported wealth went up after the first trade with the dwarves, but then got stuck after that. Gifts don't seem to work either.
For people whos exported wealth is working, is there anything in particular that I might be missing? And for people who've encountered this bug has anyone managed to solve it? Thanks :)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Export Wealth Problems in .04, any fixes?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 02:32:17 pm »

Yes I have it too.  It also seems to disable human caravans.  I embarked on a map with access to humans and they never show up.  This has happened in several forts of mine.

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:29 pm »

Actually I've had this bug in a situation where I got human caravans as well, although that was the one where it worked properly at first. I have experienced that with other forts though. Tested it with a fresh download and the same problem persists :/

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 05:27:40 pm »

Yes I have it too.  It also seems to disable human caravans.  I embarked on a map with access to humans and they never show up.  This has happened in several forts of mine.

My current fort has no human caravans either, despite access. I thought that maybe they declared war or something, and don't show because I have invasions turned off, but it could very well be the bug. No idea about my exported wealth. I never look at the numbers there. I do know that I still didn't get raised into nobility, despite my fort being nearly 20 years old, and having population over 120 by now.

EDIT: I'll be damned, it's telling me that my exported wealth is none. While in reality, I gift over 100k dwarfbucks worth of various crap every year for the past 20 years.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:04:30 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 08:35:19 am »

Yeah, it's an annoying problem. Human traders don't come because they have a requirement of 500 exported wealth before they arrive. Oddly elves also have this tag but still come... For now I've modded my raws to remove all exported wealth requirements, but it's impossible to change the arrival conditions for a monarch so that's still broken.
Thinking about the fort where it worked the first time, I forgot to bring a pick on embark so hadn't done any digging. I wonder if it's related to that...

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 08:50:58 am »

See: 9435, "Total value of exported goods remains zero after exporting goods". More info about your situation and saves showing this behaviour are welcomed.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 10:30:46 am »

See: 9435, "Total value of exported goods remains zero after exporting goods". More info about your situation and saves showing this behaviour are welcomed.

Thanks, already posted there, but I'll provide more info and upload the save where the export wealth stopped accumulating part way through. This thread was more inquiring if this problem is affecting everyone or just some people, as plenty of people seem to have no problem with nobles and caravans arriving. Maybe it's only caused in v.04 games, and those played/started/genned in previous versions aren't affected?

bananaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »

I've got this bug too. I've exported probably 70k in wealth and gifted probably 10k to both elves and dwarves. I haven't had a human caravan yet, despite having humans on embark screen. The world was generated in 0.42.04. I haven't gotten a siege yet either, which is really really odd because I have over 800k in generated wealth and 116 dwarves and goblins on the embark screen -- but that is probably due to change soon as I'm only like 4 years in.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 01:23:05 pm »

Thanks, already posted there, but I'll provide more info and upload the save where the export wealth stopped accumulating part way through. This thread was more inquiring if this problem is affecting everyone or just some people, as plenty of people seem to have no problem with nobles and caravans arriving. Maybe it's only caused in v.04 games, and those played/started/genned in previous versions aren't affected?

When new releases come out, people will hold onto old games until the new version stabilizes.  Others wait for mods to be updated, and you can't pry the LNP out of even their cold dead hands.  Others get overly attached to forts and refuse to give up on their pimped out 50 year running obsidian-casted tower that runs on dwarven minecart computers (even when "compatible", transfering saves between versions is a bad idea). So yeah, a ton of people are playing in older versions. 

I've also experienced the problem, flat 0 in exported wealth.  I also noticed the curious thing about human caravans.... the first time I thought I just moved the embark tile one tile too far out of range when I was finalizing the position of my fort, but then I got a flood of human visitors.  I had ~10 full human citizens by the time I retired the fort 6-7 years later.  The next few forts I created were the same way- humans on the neighbor and embark screen, but no exported wealth.

The most depressing part is that on Mantis, this has been confirmed but assigned low-priority.  It seems to happen 100% of the time, and completely blocks noble progression.  I know, I know, nobles are parasites.  However, they are status symbols.  When I embark and create a new fort, I want a bloody barony at least out of it to tell the rest of the mountainhome this place has its shit together! Hopefully it'll be fixed soon...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 01:50:16 pm »

The no human caravans thing it causes is just as bad if not worse than no nobles. It means a lot of dwarves will be eternallly stuck with the 'has not had a decent meal' distraction because I can't get the ingredients they like.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 03:16:45 pm »

The most depressing part is that on Mantis, this has been confirmed but assigned low-priority.

I wouldn't put much faith in the priority assignment on Mantis.  Toady fixes things in whichever order he deems appropriate.  The "Confirmed" part is extremely promising, though.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:41 am »

I can't imagine it's a difficult fix either.  It just looks like a counter stopped working.

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 11:44:43 am »

I'm glad it's not just me!  My fort has been going strong for 5 years; I have traded away a king's ransom of quarry bush leaf roasts and used clothes, and offered a pile of other stuff -- but exported wealth stays at 0.

The fort is in an evil biome, but it doesn't reanimate and I haven't seen any particularly dangerous wildlife.  It's hard to imagine all five caravans not making it home (does that even happen?).

A dwarf inherited a barony, so I have some nobility around, but there has been no dialogue about appointing one through the outpost liaison.

I like having a king.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:24 pm »

The no human caravans thing it causes is just as bad if not worse than no nobles. It means a lot of dwarves will be eternallly stuck with the 'has not had a decent meal' distraction because I can't get the ingredients they like.

I also like to play in metal-poor embarks just to make trading worth something.  If you can make everything on site, with clay, sand, multiple deep/shallow metals, abundant vegetation and trees... whats the point of even having caravans come around? So I choose sites with, at most, 2 metals.  Then I have to trade for the rest and melt down bronze boning knives or some such.  It gives me a reason to make trade goods and bother with the caravans.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 02:04:35 pm »

So I choose sites with, at most, 2 metals.
Is that some dfhack feature or how do you find out that?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: [1] 2 3